London Undergound

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Malcolm Hinton, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Malcolm Hinton

Malcolm Hinton New Member

Hi there new to this forum and wanted to ask can you drive the London Underground on TS2020 I purchased some underground stock and the London to Aylesbury route on Steam but after driving a bit of it last night realised I wasn’t actually going underground I’m new to this side of the sim so can anyone help Thanks

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome, check out World of Subways, there is the Circle Line route there. Different ballgame to TS though.

3. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

How do you mean?

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

World of Subways is on a different platform and not related to TS 2020/DTG in any way

5. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

O
    Oh i see. Any good?

6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Been a long time since I played it, not bad but all scenarios which is not my thing. Look at some utube videos which might give you some idea.

• Like Like x 1
  7. minayang44

minayang44 New Member

Great post. Thanks for the information!

8. Expat16

Expat16 New Member

You need to buy the metropolitan line from Just Trains if you want to drive the Underground on TS2020.
    There is also the Virtual District Line which is great. It’s a free download but you need a fair bit of DLC which makes it expensive

9. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

There's also the Bakerloo line on Train Sim World 2 coming out tomorrow...

10. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

I can also highly recommend the Virtual District Line! It is made by one of the most dedicated 3rd party teams in the TS community, who strive for the most authentic experience you can possibly get within the constraints of Train Sim. The list of required DLC to run the route has been streamlined and is far less than many less detailed 3rd party freeware routes. The major requirement is the Just Trains Metropolitan Line and S7+1 stock, which is available as a bundle either direct from Just Trains or on Steam.

So essentially in getting what you need to run the Virtual District Line you will also be getting the other excellent London Underground route available in Train Sim. The VDL also has a section of the Piccadilly Line and comes with it's 73 Stock, plus a whole wealth of heritage stock.

There is also the Bakerloo Line in Train Sim as part of the freeware WCML South route available on Alan Thomson Sim. This route though does have a rather extensive list of payware requirements.

Edit: And yes as mentioned by another member the World of Subways Vol.3 (Circle Line) is worth checking out. You can pick it up pretty cheap on Steam and despite being 9 years old looks great and has things like working train announcements.

11. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

The VDL stock on the Bakerloo line is pretty decent: