PlayStation The Master Trophy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Jun 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have now done all scenarios on LIRR and NEC yet ‘The Master’ Trophy hasn’t popped under Train Sim World Set 1.

That means I cannot get the Platinum Trophy. So friggin annoying. That’s at least two trophies that haven’t popped so far... ‘The Master’ and ‘LIRR: Accessed All Areas’.

Is it even worth logging a support ticket? I’m guessing not.

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Short answer: No.

I'm owed a lot of trophies - see this thread - but when I raised it, they told me to look on the forums for help! I think there's a real gap in their knowledge when it comes to the specific elements of development for consoles and I fear many of the glitched trophies will now never be resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Infuriating. This is basic stuff.
    Or at least it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

DTG Protagonist
    Is this a fruitless exercise? To expect Trophy fixes on PS4?

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is. They've obviously got this history of development for PC, and with the switch to Unreal, there was an opportunity to expand the market and develop for consoles too, but it kind of feels like none of them has had that much experience with consoles and the the slightly different way that things feel on those platforms from a UI/UX perspective. The trophies just feel like a bit of an afterthought and they don't seem to have taken much interest in actually getting them to work as flawlessly as console players expect. I think also they maybe hold more value for console players than something like Steam achievements do for PC players, and that was never really taken into account.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I had an issue with Access All Areas, but got it eventually (long story....).

However, I can offer a suggestion with The Master Key. Any trophy that requires completion of "X services", or "all services" (such as German Legend or New Yorker) tends to require those services to all be uniquely done.... only from the timetable screen. Anything done under "Scenarios" or "Journey" won't count....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Fruitless yes. I would say so. The response to any support ticket regarding trophies is usually 'it's an issue on your PS4 so rebuild your database'. Sorry to say but there is no specific PS4 knowledge on the helpdesk. Helpdesk staff are changing though as I understand it so we live in hope. There is a trend certainly with mine that if there is a 'complete all scenarios' trophy, I don't get it awarded. I then have to run them on a new profile to get it. When this happened to me on the Oakville DLC I just could not face it as this DLC is so universally bad to begin with so I didn't get that one

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

But you can’t do the scenarios under timetable mode can you? I can only do them in the scenarios menu.

9. Plastic Pal

Yep - you can't do most (if not all) Scenarios under Timetable. I would do those under "Scenarios"... and not under Journey...... The Journey tab is not a friend of the trophy system.

A "Service" (in a trophy description that uses the word "services") is usually referring to a Timetable Service.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rainbirds

rainbirds Member

I got the trophy today by using my "offline" profile and turned off internet on the ps4. After drivning all the senarios the trophy poped :).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve started doing the scenarios again on a clean profile. I’ve done 4 of the original 5 scenarios involving the M7, which I assume are only required for the trophy seeing as the M3 was optional DLC. I’ll be doing the last one tomorrow. If I get the Trophy, I’ll let you know.

I’ve started each one by going specifically into the ‘Scenario Menu’.

Interestingly, the 4 scenarios I’ve done so far contributed to the Tier 1 Mastery for the M7/LIRR.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Right, well I’ve done all M7 Scenarios on a new profile by going into each one via the Scenario menu and the trophy still hasn’t popped. I’m doing the M3 Scenarios now to see if that makes it pop.

If it doesn’t pop, that’ll be twice I’ve done all the scenarios on LIRR without the trophy popping. Both times my PS4 has been connected to the internet.

This is NOT helping my OCD!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yay!

Unlocked ‘The Master’ and ‘LIRR: Accessed All Areas’ Trophies.

I did it with a new profile, going into each scenario from the scenario menu, keeping my PS4 connected to the internet and completing all 5 M7 scenarios and all 3 M3 scenarios.

Having used a new profile, this would suggest my original profile is corrupted in some way. Should I delete it and start it again? Decisions. Decisions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plastic Pal

No.... there is no such thing as a "corrupted" profile. The best explanation for you getting your trophies is by chance.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yes, pure chance. I really hope this sort of thing is fixed in TSW2. It's a simple thing that's in there that should work. But in the same way that trophies were glitched so was Mastery. Both functionalities involve the software 'counting' things....both were broken but not consistently for all players.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I think, it'd be wiser not to expect that these problems will be resolved upon release. Of course, hoping for it is quite natural, but I'd rather be surprised positively. ;)