Convert Tsw Dlc From 2019 And 2020

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thelonius16, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

A lot of great material (and outstanding bug fixes) are apparently being abandoned.

Recent DLC should be migrated (not just in a preserved collection format) over the next several months to a year to TSW2 to allow current owners of the DLC to take advantage of new features (and obviously to entice more people to buy it). This is apparently already happening to some extent with Sand Patch and the Talent 2. (Or if they are all new models, at least the research phase was already completed...)

If this is not possible or will never happen for business reasons, I would like to know now. But it seems like the 3D models and other UE4-created components would be an easier migration than building all new DLCs.

If it can happen but would need to come with an "upgrade" charge equal to a percentage of original cost, I would be open to considering that for my favorite DLCs.

• Like Like x 7
  2. thesuperpuffin

thesuperpuffin Member

Im hoping that the engine upgrade and subsequent testing will iron out some of the bugs (e.g. cars on lampposts) but i guess only time will tell.
    I like to be optimistic

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

I'm bored of saying to everyone that ALL work on TSW2020 including the preserved collection is not continuing. Stop being optimistic this has been confirmed by Matt (the senior producer) has said there not getting updated with new features, deal with it.

4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Then don't read these threads. We all know that you know, and many of us also saw the recent Q&A video too.
    This does not prevent us feeling a little let down but hopeful for the future. If we make this clear, at least we have done all we can to get this decision changed, regardless of the outcome.
    As my late nan used to say, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

You can feel let down, everyone is. So l dont you need to share it............its not going to make DTG change their mind.:)

6. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I agree. It will definitely be annoying if a bug is found in one of the preserved collection routes and it cannot be removed.

7. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

There are plenty of bugs already there without them having to worry about finding any more.

• Like Like x 2