PlayStation Questions And Feedback Following Tonight's Livestream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gilly, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Following tonight's livestream I'm sure there's many questions that people have as well as feedback. If you haven't seen it yet here's the link, including Sam's indexing system!!

Personally, I'd like to say the new format was well structured, honest and forthright even if it's not what people necessarily wanted to hear.
    What I would like some clarity on is with regard to preservation. I understood that all our DLC routes will carry over but does this include the 'base' tsw 2020 routes. For example, I purchased the deluxe tsw 2020, will my peninsula carry over?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Honesty is the best policy, it was a good interesting stream

• Like Like x 3
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

My only disappointment was that the scenario planner could not be used for the TSW 2020 preserved content (routes and rolling stock).
    I don't care one bit about the editor (Sam explained in the forums as to why the editor in its current form could not make it to the TSW 2020 or TSW2.
    Also multiplayer I do not really care. In fact I hope that gets dropped.
    Im not really worried about the Livery creator (I'm not really good at creating them .... see below (yes I created it for GT Sport using their livery creator) but I may dabble in it at a later date.

I suppose the good thing about the scenario planner is when TSW has a decent amounts of routes and content under its belt then scenario creation would be beneficial. So its definetly one decent thing to come along with TSW 2.0

I'm still not convinced about the underground line. I mean not being silly here but will they "fill" the mainline out upto Harrow & Wealdstone perhaps. I'm not holding my breath for it but hey. I'm looking forwards to driving both the German Route and the Sand Patch Sub as well. But I already see a pattern emerging.
    Both the US and the German Routes have more than one piece of "rolling stock" included. The UK route has one..... Hmm

Also as a complete stab in the dark i'll come out and say that I dont think the original routes for TSW 2018 (GWE, NEC and Rapid Transit) will be available to use in TSW 2. But I may be proved wrong. For £24.99 I will be purchasing it for the PS4 digitally then will have to get an Optical version later.

Cheers

Hentis

PS Incidentally If you do have GT Sport you can find my liveries on my GTsport page on GTsport (believe it or not). Look for Hentis

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the stream actually and thought Sam did a good job managing it, keeping it on track, and making his way through many of the questions folks submitted. Matt did a good job too... honest, yes/no answers when appropriate, and info on some features that are scheduled to be worked on moving forward with TSW2 (just not right now).

All in all, I’m pretty excited about what the future holds for the next-gen Train Sim heading our way... and am impressed (so far) with the comms going on these days between DTG and the player community. So far so good... may these positive changes continue, and may the new sim live up to expectations.

• Like Like x 4
  5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

A good stream and a quiet a lot of questions answered. Looking forward to more of these kind of streams.

1 big question of mine that wasn't answered yet is the fate of NEC/GWE/RT. So, Sam, if you're reading this, can you please include this in the next Q&A stream please. As these routes weren't TSW1 add-on's I'd like confirmation if they'll be in TSW2 or not

BTW: Anybody know if there will be a 'normal' 5 PM UK daily stream tonight ?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'm only skimming these threads for now, but I'll just say that the regular streams will return after the weekend. We won't be answering TSW2 questions on those streams as we want to keep the line of communication clean about the new game. The next look at TSW2 will come in June (I have a date, but it's not yet locked so I'm gambling a little here).

• Like Like x 9
  7. OnlyMe1909

Thanks for keeping us informed, Sam!

8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well my question is why charge tsw 2 for people who own tsw2020. I feel like the whole "It's a different game" is an unjustifable excuse to charge for the game with some new features that aren't the biggest of news and some members have pointed that out along with some youtube reviewers. Also DTG has come under fire for their business practices over the past few years as well. Any response to that?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

My question is will the London Underground Bakerloo Line have it's offical in train announcements and could we see in train passenger announcements in current for future routes? Also for the new db ice line, is that the full line route as it is in real life or is kit the typical 20-30 mile short length route because a growing number people have called for longer routes and full line routes for future dlcs

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well they don't tend to give new content out for free!

• Like Like x 2
  11. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

No wonder these forums are toxic it's a new game give it for free.If your a CEO of a game company will you just give your games for free too people that own the 2014 version of the game & then repeat the cycle you wouldn't make money.Tallboy you just use the forums to attack people that like the game & you take out your anger on people that love the game & the employee's like sam have too deal with people like you & you still wonder why DTG doesn't listen to the community it's just toxicity every were the discord server & the forums.You will attack the people that are saying it's a new game.If you don't like the game then don't come on the forums & take out your anger on people.What ever insult you have for me in the comments I won't listen too because all you do is be negative it's not feedback it's toxicity.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

Well Said xpert2036! Tallboy7648 doesn't sound like a true train and/or train simulation fan or video gaming fan at all. Like real world trains and/or scenic railroads cost money to operate and enjoy. Train simulation and gaming simulation of all types of games takes a lot of money to develop. DTG is actually extremely competitive in the initial cost of the games and the cost of DLC content compared to many other games that can cost $60 or $70 dollars initially and more money for various add-ons. If you don't like paying for quality content and improvements to the games, then don't buy the DLCs that come out and/or the game in the first place. I commend DTG for the work they are doing and continue to do and the upgrades coming with TSW2. Train simulation has come a long way since MSTS days.

Keep up the Excellent work Sam and Matt!!

• Like Like x 3
  13. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To be honest I've seen posts like these from people like you on various forums on various game Genres over the last few decades, its all the same same crap from people that dont want to pay or dont see why they should pay. Have you seen footage of the game, seen what the new game entails NO, you are using the same old excuse that everyone else uses that's doesnt want to pay for new titles. They have bills, staff and overheads to pay like most of us, so Yes why shouldn't it be a new game. Just because a few people dont agree with it. Yes there are a couple of dissapointing things in there, but it wont ruin my experience of it.

The Game costs £24.99 Console players get 3 routes and a host of new features, PC players basically get two and an optimised version of the CSX heavy haul route with extra Journeys (presumably with the extra Journeys will be on the console editions as well). £24.99 is the current cost of a route and you are complaining about that. The fact that you and other people say its an unjustifiable excuse to charge for the game I find is quite insulting.

Hentis

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  14. theorganist

This is true, regularly when a new add-on is talked about of social media there are always several posts asking if it is for free and then moaning if it isn't, they can never explain why they think it should be free, at most they come up with a glib statement usually insulting the producers or the product.

I think some people just cannot work out the concept that business is there to make money and would go out of business without cash flow.

• Like Like x 5
  15. tallboy7648

You know how they release train simulator 2019 and then we get train simulator 2020 which dtg calls a new game and it's free for players who own ts2019. That's what they should've done with tsw 2 because from what i've heard, tsw 2 is one step foward but two steps back. I mean when matt was answering the questions in the q&A, anybody who can understand facial expressions and I've heard a youtuber point that out, that he looked unconfortable answering the questions for some odd reason. So here's what is well ok and not ok about the game.

Livery editior: That's a nice feature although it's absoutley stupid that we can't share our liveries when the game releases. If a game like gran turismo can do that at launch, i don't understand why we can't if we have dovetail live accounts. I find that just silly because i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a difficult process unless they're trying to rush out the game. I can't wait until we can eventually share our liveries in the game but it's stupid we can't do it at launch.

Routes: Well sand patch grade seems cool and for players who use console, that's a plus although I can't to seem to understand why they had to wait almost three years to put that out on console. The London Underground Bakerloo Line I think exposed how dtg just put out a lie. They said that the Bakerloo Line was the most requested underground line, but that's a lie. I've been looking into the fourms and what underground lines people wanted and a youtuber also pointed that out. The most requested were the Circle, Victoria and Nothern Lines. Very few to almost no people asked for the Bakerloo Line before it was announced and it would be the last line I would want. So people who read that the Bakerloo line was the most requested, it's all a lie so don't believe it. I'm suprised that they would lie but hey it's just business. The fact that it doesn't have the official in train announcements is odd, silly and dissaponiting. London underground announcements are the staple of the network. It probably wouldn't be that difficult to implement as well espicially if they have the tfl license . They could've taken recordings from youtube probably and just pop it in the game. It wouldn't be hard so I don't understand why they couldn't do it. At least it's the full line because it's 14 miles so that's a positive I guess. The german high spped route is an absolute joke. The fact that it's not the full line route and only 40 miles is just stupid. For a train that does 180mph, you could probably do the whole timetable in a day. It'll only take a maximum of 25 minutes to complete which is a joke. You can't make a high spped route if it isn't a full line route because it'll just be done quickly. People been asking for longer routes in streams or at least full line routes and the fact that this is the second high spped route and it isn't full line is unacceptable. It's a "new game" yet they do the same nonsense by not making full line routes apart from the underground (which is short as hell but within their apparent comfort zone) and csx line which are the only two full main line routes in the game which is a joke.The sand patch grade is just a port of csx heavy haul route but with extra service and new trains. The game has been out for years and you would think their be a strategy by now to address this problem but they continue to do the same thing over and over and never seem to improve. But at least we get a full s-bahn route but not a full high speed route. After this comes out, they really have to start making full line routes because i'm not the only person asking for full line or more longer routes. I'm pretty sure people who make a route suggestion aren't asking for part of the route but the full line. They really have go up their game after the game comes out.

Scenario Planner: It's not the best of news, it's just essentially a quick drive mode like in train simulator 2020 driving your train from point a to b and adding ai. It's essentially like making your own timetable instead of using dtg's timetable. It's very dissapponting and it does need to be massively improved and worked on when tsw 2 comes so we can do more.

In terms of the new features, its not revoluntary. The unreal engine is the top and most poplular game engine for video games so the fact that it's a "new and better engine" is something that I don't buy for a minunte. It may improve visuals of the game, but they could've done that with the ue4 engine and do 4k with the ue4 engine. Plus they'll most likely upgrade to the ue5 engine when new consoles come out. The dynamic weather, that 's cool however that should've been introduced and could've probably be easily implemented with tsw2020. The scenario planner is a joke. They could've also enhanced the physics in tsw 2020 like codemasters did in a patch with f1 2019 so that's why the whole "tsw 2 is a new game" is just an unjustified excuse to charge money for the game. That's why I said the core game itself should be free for players who own tsw 2020 and the new dlcs should be bundled as seperate content or seperate dlcs. It's not me being insulting but the game is not revoluntary or sounds like a new game at all if you watched the q&a (with matt looking scared answering questions) and read the press release. I'm not the only person who has said that. It's sounds like features that should've been introduced in tsw 2020 as a update, not a seperate game. I hope tsw 2 comes with massive bug fixes in the routes and the new dlcs are tested multiple times because with all the issues tsw2020 had, it shows that dtg doesn't test their dlcs often and just release it to make some cash. Nobody is perfect but they should own up and fix the mistakes they made with previous and future routes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. iancownie

iancownie New Member

Matt didn't look scared.

• Like Like x 1
  17. theorganist

Must be true then!

• Like Like x 4
  18. OnlyMe1909

2 More questions for the next TSW2 Q&A stream:

1. can you confirm that LZB will be in the game (seeing that we're getting the ICE3)
    2. Will routes in TSW2 still have a donkey in them :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

One of my major concerns is about the patch we heard about for the BR 204 from Rivet... In the Q&A its stated the class 20 would be the last piece of DLC for TSW2020... will it also be the last "patch"? Has the 204 update been scrapped?

20. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

I would guess that there will be a combined DB204 and Class 20 patch released once any minor bugs in the 20 are identified and fixed.

21. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Where can I put questions for the next Q&A for TSW 2

22. OnlyMe1909

I'd like clarity about what routes are in this preserved collection and which routes are discarded. So please list which routes (names) are gonna be in the preserved collection and which aren't.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It's quite simple to list it's everything that is available right now including up to and including the Class 20. There are no new releases until after Aug 6 when TSW2 releases.

24. OnlyMe1909

Are you sure? They said all DLC will be ported over. So that rules out GWE/RT/NEC because they were never DLC. And there seems to be doubt as to what all DLC means. Do they mean all DLC from the start on (from the original TSW) or only all DLC from TWS2020 and nothing before that?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Michael Newbury

Yes it means every route and every add on that is available now will be considered Preserved after Aug 6. Yes everything you currently own will be ported over to TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

You're thinking about console only. Pretty much everything is DLC. There was only CSX Heavy Haul originally when the game first came out on PC - and that is now included again.

I think all current routes/locos will eventually be updated and transferred over, but everything may not be ready before the release of TSW2.

27. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

When you say ported over, do you mean these will be available to play within tsw2, as soon as new game is downloaded. I asked this question myself this morning in this forum, and the two replies were quite positive that you will have to download all dlc you own again. I cannot see how you can download from playstation store again, when it says already purchased.

28. Michael Newbury

Yes everything you currently own will be ported into TSW2, you will not have to repurchase that content again.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Was there not some mention that it may be possible that not all TSW2020 DLC's may be available from Aug 6th?

30. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

I remember hearing that as well ... I believe a list is to be released at some point(?)

• Like Like x 1
  31. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Agree 100% - the format of the Q&A stream was very good (except for the flickering green screen image behind Matt).
    Honesty is definitely the way forward - kudos to Sam for enforcing mostly Yes / No answers :)

My question for the next round is...
    Will TSW2 get an updated / upgraded PlayStation 5 version (or patch) - something that will bring the game inline with the PC version?
    I know the PS4 version should run fine on the PS5 - but I'm asking about a specific version or patch with enhancements.

Many thanks guys!

32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not everything will be available when TSW2 launches as work to make them all compatible may not have finished by then. You will have to download new versions of your DLC to TSW2 but not purchase them again. There will be two versions of each DLC, and when you purchase one, or have already purchased it, you will have access to download the other version. So, if you already own a TSW DLC you will be able to download the new version to TSW2. If you buy a TSW DLC that you don’t currently own after the release of TSW2 you will get both versions at the same time and can download into both TSW and TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  33. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

To remove doubt, stujoy 's post is accurate.
    All TSW routes and locos will be available in TSW2 however not at launch. We'll provide a timeline for the availability of each add-on when we're closer to launch.

If you want to keep TSW installed after adding TSW2 you will have two copies of each route saved to your hard disk as, despite appearances to the contrary, they are different.

• Like Like x 4
  34. OnlyMe1909

Thank you for clearing that up, Sam ! That's great news and very much appreciated :love:

35. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

When will Preserved Collections be available?
    We are working to bring your collections online from the launch of Train Sim World 2.

DTG Protagonist, so this answer from TSW2 webpage isn't fully accurate, and now you know that some addons will need more time to find a way into TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  36. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

What you need to remember is that the website is PR spin, made with the intention of making you feel you must have the new game. However, it depends very much on how you interpret it.

It implies everything will be available, but by using the phrases "working to" and "from the launch" they haven't actually said everything will be available.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  37. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

There is one thing I’m finding strange about the whole Q&A thing,why doesn’t Dovetail just put everything it knows about the game be it the price,what the game runs at and what’s in it blah blah blah....after all it’s been announced its coming out so why not just show more information so us gamers get a better understanding in stead of asking us...just tell us about the whole game with videos if you can as the game should be pretty much done by now....or is there issues?.

• Like Like x 2
  38. tallboy7648

why won't all the routes and locos not be available at launch? Unless your trying to rush out the game it doesn't make sense

39. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Well said! I keep on reading comments saying that this is a 'money grab'. I think peoples (justifiable) annoyance with DTG over other things are clouding their judgements on this. This could not be further from a money grab. PC players are getting two routes for the price of one and console players three routes, and a whole bunch of new features on both. If DTG were charging £49.99 then this issue would be a lot more contentious but they're not. Whatever TSW2 is, and there is a lot of genuine disappointment associated with the announcement, it is certainly NOT a money grab.

• Like Like x 2
  40. tallboy7648

The game is the same ue4 engine but with updated physics. You can't share your livieries at launch. You get a new hud. Two new routes because sand patch grade is just csx heavy haul ported to consoles with new trains and more services. The german high speed route is 40 miles instead of the full 110 mile route so when your doing 180 mph on a high speed route, it'll be done quickly which is a joke but at least we get a full s-bahn line.There should be a strategy by now to get full line routes espically high speed routes bcause they'll get done quickly. If we get short not full line high speed routes in the future is just unacceptable at this point. At least we get the Bakerloo Line even though evidence shows a huge number of players didn't ask for that underground route in the fourms so that was a lie. A huge number of people asked for the Circle, Victoria and Northern Lines but hey at least we get the full Bakerloo Line even though it's 14 miles so that's a plus I guess. No multiplayer but if you watch Kazick Fairwind youtube video titled Train Sim World 2 Rants, he takes you to an offical Train Simulator video which came out in 2016 Matt Pedelisston who is the SENIOR PRODUCER of Train Sim World said that mutiplayer would be in TSW, He literally promised that. But DTG Daniel on August 7 2019 says that multiplayer was never promised. Now to me there must've been some poor communication between the company even if it's a small one. So Funny. So no multiplayer but they can't introduce multiplayer until they fix the bugs like rro crashing or the lirr tunnel glitch and others that have been brought up for months but haven't been addressed for the routes or otherwise it's gonna have so many problems that you can't play it. It also shows that dtg doesn't test their dlcs which is a joke. So bascially were getting two new routes or three if you don't have csx heavy haul. You can make your train pink but can't share it compared to games like Forza or Gran Turismo, a scenario planner which is just quick drive from Train Simulator 2020 so you just drive from point a to b and add some ai, updated physics engine and no it's not a new visual engine but we do get better visuals which is good because the game on consoles doesn't look great from far apart from the train. Current tsw2020 routes won't get updates or extensions which is a horrible idea because people keep asking for extensions and addons for routes like Great Western Express which is the most neglected route in tsw2020 for a long time and whoever made that decision to not add more stuff to current routes should be fired because it's a poor business decision. 4K if you have a 4k tv that is and that's about it. Is it worth $30, no and all these features could have been in a update to tsw2020 like how codemasters updated the handling to f12019. This isn't revoluntary but more of a cash grab and it's the same repated pattern from dtg. Yes they are a business but they should treat their customers with more respect and not think of us as a virtual wallet because I've seen discussions on this in youtube and those people feat disrespected by the fact that we have to pay for all of this which and they have a right to be , admit their mistakes like rivet games did with the 204 and rectify your mistakes instead of being quiet and not transparent. TSW 2 is not a new game, it's bascially an updated or should've been an updated version of tsw2020 that you have to pay for cause I guess there low on cash even if they had made so much money on dlcs. There are passoniate people at dtg but clearly something is wrong and they really do need to change and get more third parties involved to make tsw 2 better because it's clear when they do it, it's riddled with problems because they wan't to get more money. I think tsw 2 should be completely free for people who own tsw2020 because it's clearly not a new game and you can't argue that it is. It's completely obvious. I think it's disrespectful for people who have invested so much money to get routes that are overpriced to have to pay $30 for minor new features and updated physics that should've been introduced in tsw2020 and if they're gonna introduce it in a seperate game, it should be free because the argument that it's a new game is unjustified and not defendable unless of course you support dtg.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  41. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

Not sure how to take this post,it’s not actual footage of the new game nor anything new from last Q&A which was my whole point in the first place...it’s been 2 weeks and nothing new has been mentioned but never mind....I’ll just shut up in here.

• Like Like x 2
  42. tallboy7648

My question is what is the strategy to get more full line routes, especially high speed ones because we have so many unconnecting routes in tsw and the game has been out for over two years so we can't be continuing to get these short unconnecting routes. The new high speed route shouldn't be 40 miles because it'll be done quickly so what is the strategy to make full line routes for tsw2 because any more of these unconnecting short routes at this point is unacceptable