PlayStation Tsw 2 (bakerloo Line)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

I hope there is going to be absolute and authenticity when it comes to traffic on the west coast mainline (the line that runs parallel to the tube). I also hope there will be realism with the amount of traffic on the tube lines too, we all know how frequent tube trains are, and thats one of many things tsw have lacked! (traffic)

Also us train lovers would love if Euston-Loverpool could be an option for us to drive, i would have said glasgow, but that’s stretching it looool

• Like Like x 4
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

not to sure if they can get west coast mainline trains running on the side as this would mean they would need to get a licence to use logos and get train modeled as well. i do hope though that services are frequent though

• Like Like x 4
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s already confirmed that the Mk.2 stock is the only thing available on the line, and TSW hasn’t had AI only stock previously.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

There won’t. Stop getting your hopes up. This is DTG we are talking about. The Bakerloo line will be as lifeless as LIRR is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Knightfire1964

well dtg would have to get a licence for something no one can use unless they had a west coast mainline added to the game

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

There will not be WCML or London Overground traffic.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

They could add class 377 AI
    Since it goes from East Croydon to Milton Keynes

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. TrainSim_Fan

Unlimitedmagic yeah, but it would be a bit bland I would prefer a 387 then you could drive them aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UnlimitedMagic

This is why I wished they wouldn’t do the Bakerloo line. Immersion would be killed the moment you stop at Queens Park to Going towards Harrow and Wealdstone.
    This is why I wished they did the Piccadilly line or the Sub Surface lines

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. UnlimitedMagic

387’s don’t run on the WCML.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  11. TrainSim_Fan

As I say adding the 387 wouldnt be much effort.

12. TrainSim_Fan

Yeah they do, london Overground use them. Also thays the WCML.

13. Knightfire1964

I've had a look and 387s aren't used on the overground line and I checked if they were used on the East Coast mainline they did run but only between 2014-15 running on the govia Thames link railway from King's Cross Station to Peterborough Cambridge and King's lynn so I doubt the route will be set in 2014 or 2015

14. TrainSim_Fan

1. West Coast Mainline (out of Euston) not the East Coast Mainline (out of Kings Cross).
    2. The 387's are used I ride on them frequently (they run between Euston and Watford Junction.

Edit : Since when did London Overground run trains to Peterborough.

15. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

On the open section (above ground)... you should be passing a tube train going in the other direction about every 60-90 seconds, as a minimum. The Bakerloo Line should be at least as intensive/aggressive to drive as the metro section through Leipzig on Rapid Transit.

I am still holding out hopes for some mainline content... perhaps as a teaser for a forthcoming UK route.... It will be slightly daft if there is nothing on there at all.... The following video starts with the tube section (note that it is not pitch black, and that the front lights work), and above surface starts at 25:20, with mainline trains on the left, and London Overground (LOL) trains on the right.... and then there is more mainline on the right after Wembley.

It will look daft without some EMUs and some Pendolinos, as AI trains.... for now... ;-)

EDITED TO ADD: The 378s and 350s, and their branding, are already in TS1..... but it would be very very much nicer if any included mainline AI came from the 1980s...

• Like Like x 1
  16. UnlimitedMagic

You mean 378’s

387’s are these
    upload_2020-6-24_10-52-29.jpeg
    As you can see unit number is 387 150

378’s are the one you are probably talking about
    upload_2020-6-24_10-55-5.jpeg
    As you can see the unit number is 378 233

• Like Like x 2
  17. TrainSim_Fan

Oh, yeah 378's. Sorry about that, my bad.

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if the trains are going to be shiny or not. Shiny reflective trains stopped appearing in TSW near the end, as is most noticeable on the BR425 in HRR. I suppose the same question applies to all new releases not just the LU but I did notice they are shiny in the real footage, so I’ll be looking out for that when it comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

London underground is only of interest to people who live in London.I am from that strange land north of Watford, where we all keep ferrets, and race pigeons.(yorkshire) and don't care which route is in Tsw2. I cannot see any point in a 14 mile route, where almost the whole journey is in a tunnel with no scenery.

• Like Like x 5
  20. UnlimitedMagic

They should be shiny since look how shiny this is
    upload_2020-6-24_12-33-42.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve just looked at the promo pictures and all the trains appear to have a matt surface, so I think the days of shiny reflective models in TSW is over. It’ll be a performance enhancement I think and may also be connected to the livery creator.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Plastic Pal

To be honest, if this really is a new approach, and if it allows more AI trains, more of the (new) TVL particle effects, plus more light sources on the front of trains.... and it gets rid of (or increases the radius for) the ridiculous sleeper-popping dynamic shadow radius.... then I am all for it. Of course... this might seem like it is heading "backwards" into TS1.... but I think that the use of the bells and whistles in UE in TSW was far too enthusiastic from the start, and it has killed the immersion in TSW....

They could start switching these reflections back on again (and let's be frank, some of them were just very very silly.... like the black super high gloss reflective walls on LIRR...)....... but before they do that..... they still need to deploy better optimisation of textures, leaner asset builds, smarter density of prims on map tiles, etc. This is one of the reasons why I think that in future they should triangle for the PS5 - single performance target to aim for - squeeze it to the max.... and sharpen up the optimisation processes.

But hey.... what do I know.....? (Probably not very much.... ;-) )......

• Like Like x 3
  23. TrainSim_Fan

On the topic of "shiny trains" I guarantee to you that photo is at the beginning of the day (just after a wash) because trust me Bakerloo line trains are filthy, smell and bounce around like a boat inadvertently storm. A shiny rain kinda wouldnt be that realistic anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Plastic Pal

Actually, that's a good point. Even if you just do a 20 minute journey on the tube, your fingernaills get grimed up by the gunk floating around in the air. If the 72 model comes shiny as standard, then the Livery Editor will have to be used to add some realistic filth....

• Like Like x 3
  25. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Go on the London Underground and when home blow your nose and have a look at what comes out..

• Like Like x 3
  26. Zammy Martínez

LOOL one is allowed to dream or expect no? Lol

• Like Like x 3
  27. Zammy Martínez

Yh man me too at the very least!

28. Zammy Martínez

S
    saying that, if they incorporated some type of online or multiplayer, would be sick if you saw other users on their shifts while doing yours lol

• Like Like x 1
  29. Zammy Martínez

A
    nd that’s exactly what I suggested in another one of my posts, that would be brill, i used to play that line on pc back in the day, would love to play it on ps4 in bed

30. Zammy Martínez

I
    dont get this comment, I know it was intended for me, but what do you mean, im intrigued.
    Plus the difference between 377/387 always gets me

31. Zammy Martínez

Hahahahahah having a dig at dtg are we? well im totally in with this one mate!
    I swear the lights better illuminate them blue signs in the tunnel that tube drivers have to deal with.

that just made me think of them blue n yellow signs on the eurostar/south eastern high speed lines, id pay £80GBP if they ever made the eurostar up to calais at least (cant drive for too long) then have other services starting from there to paris/lille mixed with tgv services just to break up the driving hours..

ok ive officially expected way too much lol

• Like Like x 1
  32. Plastic Pal

It needs to look like this:

Baker St - Elephant & Castle:

If we are greeted with a sea of Standedge black, then the Bakerloo Line route will be a complete failure.

• Like Like x 4
  33. Zammy Martínez

You know what thats not a bad shout in regards to the bakerloo line, they should of went for something with more outside stretch, but the bakerloo line has quite a long stretch outside, plus for people that can relate to the tube and enjoy operating trains in general is who will benefit.

I definitely agree with you in regards to the route being specific to your area or country at least, which why im always crying out for more MODERN UK routes..

• Like Like x 2
  34. Zammy Martínez

Dtg seem to be annoying, not to make them feel like we don’t appreciate the work they do, but why would they have to choose the oldest bloody tine stock on the network? You got jubilee, central, metropolitan, (central and jubilee come out the tunnel on both sides btw - as do district/circle/h&c) victoria is only inside, unless you go to the depot in Northumberland Park, dont need to name the rest, even dlr would be a laugh..

• Like Like x 2
  35. Zammy Martínez

Tha
    thats another thing they got to think of too, the ps5, or are they going to budget and let us use the ps4 version on the ps5...

i wish i still played on pc again, tsw is far to limited for my liking

36. UnlimitedMagic

Well let’s say that the Bakerloo line has never been done in TS (I’m not including that one with the 73 stock)

37. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping that the Bakerloo line in the follows the irl timetable of
    • 6 tph (trains per hour) from Harrow & Wealdstone to Elephant & Castle
    • 3 tph from Stonebridge Park to Elephant & Castle
    • 11 tph from Queen's Park to Elephant & Castle
    Thus forming a 20tph service (or a train every 3 minutes) between Queen's Park and Elephant & Castle.

• Like Like x 6