The Problem With Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xpert2036, Jun 26, 2020.

1. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I am not taking a dig at DTG but there's a problem with TSW 2.It's not about the game personally but the routes that may come in the future.The problem with TSW routes was the lack of trains on the route, how long they were & the lack of traffic.I don't mind paying for DLC's but the lack of traffic,trains & length of the route is bad.The LIRR had only one train the M7 we had to bear with that musical train for almost 2 years we could have got the m3 or the mp15ac even the Dm30ac/the dual mode train.In May we got the M3 & only the M3 it wouldn't give any services so we were stuck with a ghost route.It only had a few branches sunnyside yard was a joke though in the NEC we could use sunnyside yard.Compared too MSB it was a joke.MSB had only 3 trains 1 passenger & 1 cab & 1 freight train & we got the DB BR 204 & if we had RSN we would get the DB Br 143 for MSB.All the german DLC's you had you could use on MSB but excluding the 204 & rapid transit all the trains on the german routes you could use on all of the routes you had.So back to the traffic on MSB it's disgusting how much traffic there is you would see lot's of freight trains on the route & the helper trains too.To see routes like LIRR & NEC the most busiest routes in the world not being used wisely is horrible.There wasn't any acela express in an add on & there wasn't any DM30ac & the mp15ac wasn't added is a shame.For peninsula corridor we only had the F40-ph & the gallery car & the GP-38.We were stuck with another musical train for another 5 months until we finally got the MP36 & the cab car I really don't know if this was true but with the mp36 & the mp15 the route was more busier & it was a nice route railfan even at millbrae in the morning.My point is why not make all the trains on the route better & stop making it half complete like why is there no acela express in NEC or NJT why couldn't you go to metropark in NJ.I hope with the londen underground I am not such a fan of it but there need's to be the whole route with more traffic & with ICE without using the scenario editor

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yes dtg can no longer continue to make short unconnecting routes. The full German line is 110 miles and we only get 40 miles which is unacceptable for a high speed route. DTG when tsw2 comes out has to make full line routes. Especially high speed ones. The game has been out for three years and there has to be a strategy to make full line routes especially high speed ones because they'll just be done quickly.

• Like Like x 3
  3. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

They can at least add an extra 20 or 15 miles these are the only things that I hate about DTG makng half the traffic ,route & rolling stock like im paying for $30 worth of DLC to get 1 train & horrible traffic.Like step up your game DTG you can do better & at least 2 or 3 trains for the $20 worth of DLC. If they could do it with the german routes with traffic & CSX heavy haul 57 miles including the branches they could do it with every route

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

Exactly but of course there will be others who will continue to defend DTGs actions. It can be better but all they want is more money

• Like Like x 3
  5. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Let me think DTG is featuring 3 routes in TSW2:
    Sand Patch Grade > 0 miles completely recycled
    German Route > 40 miles
    Bakerloo Line > 14 miles
    =55 new miles for TSW2 ehm for comperison Peninsula Corridor is 47 miles. So i'm a *bit disappointed* ...
    At least 50-60 miles would be nice for EVERY route in TSW2. Take your time and don't do things halfways, that pays off. Looking forward to longer routes ... Also a bit more train variety would be appriciated.

• Like Like x 3
  6. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I am sure nobody is swimming in money.Still if you have me pay $30 worth a route give us all the train's that run on it & at least let it have 70 miles worth of track on it onstead of making for example a 32 mile route with 1 train it's just disgusting

• Like Like x 1
  7. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

There escuse is that it will take a long time I am sure nobody cares if it takes you 1 year or so to create the assets we just want every train on the route.If the route it self is too long have it for 80 or 70 miles like this might be a joke.The NEC was mainly a passenger route we only had the northeast regional only.Not even the Acela or a baggage car & a sleeper car.That was a big joke the NEC has the acela express you know what add on pack they put is the switcher & the cab car.The cab car & the switcher are nice add ons but why not put the acela in it like it's just silly how it went to Newark instead of somewere else

8. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

By posting this no one at DTG will change their mind & say yep we will have high quality products let's make everything on the route.But really LIRR was just half of it & when you say it would take a long time no one cares just make the assets in the route so we could have every train ob the route.Instead of making the routes preserved & making a new game they should have finished the routes that were broken & were a ghost town for trains & the traffic.Unless there is a way to make the route's optimised for TSW2 so there can be more trains

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The more content is added to the product, whether that be more track miles or more trains, the longer the development time. Time isn’t free when you have to pay people for it. If it took twice as long to make a route the price would double but probably more than double because the higher the price, the lower the number of sales, so it ends up being an upside down exponential curve (if you keep going the price would get so high that nobody would buy the product). Matt will tell you exactly the same.

10. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Yes I know that but you have me pay $30 for a route that has 1 train that has glitches & is halfway done.There isn't any point of requesting a route if your going too get 1 train & the traffic is very bad.They wonder why people are in the chat asking for that route too have this train.For example if you want the hudson line you need the M7 & the M3 to be repainted & if you get the P32 you have to have the cab car also & you need to have the route also.My point is if your promoting this route & it has only 2 trains people are going to have to buy $20 worth of more DLC to get the train,then they have all these people asking in the chat for this train on the route & they have too repeat over again post on the forums I don't see a lot of those request put in game & instead of focusing on that one route they create a new game then they have all these people mad

• Like Like x 1
  11. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Look at this

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you get that a certain amount of content costs a certain amount of money, and you get that more content will cost more money, how can you still say that they should put that extra content in it for the same amount of money? It can’t be done. You can clearly see how much content can be included in a route for the price they are because it’s fairly consistent. That’s been the position with TSW for a while. The quality of the routes is a different matter, that’s not always been up to scratch, but generally, if not always, has improved.

With TSW2 none of us know if it’s going to be exactly the same but I can’t see it changing much initially because the content will be still be made in roughly the same way. If sales suddenly rocket and stay consistently high, and that will be one aim of the new launch and subsequent content, then we will see some improvements over time. Give it a chance though, it’s not even been released yet.

Hopefully there will be fewer bugs in TSW2 and that will help increase sales and give everyone a better experience, and it does need to happen, but you need realistic expectations of how much content will be in each release, it’s not going to increase massively if at all, and if it does then most probably not immediately.

13. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

This is going no were & this thread wouldn't have solved any of these problems people have been complaining for 2 years nothing has happend so this thread needs to be closed

14. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

That sounds typical for the games industry. See also Epic, Riot, Naughty Dog, CKD Projekt Red, Rockstar, Bioware etc etc (Insert Jim Sterling Link here)

I was actually thinking how much the routes compare with other games in terms of scale. Fallout 76 for example is 16 square miles, Skyrim is about 14 sq mi - I'm pretty sure some of the routes are pushing that in size. I mean assuming a 1/4 mile strip is modelled in detail on a 60 mile route that'll be something similar to Skyrim in scale of modelling. Even shorter routes are still pretty big.

So a relatively small company is pushing out game worlds the size of those in AAA titles every few months? Impressive as that is it's no wonder they have a crunch problem!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  15. tallboy7648

The German High Speed Route is 110 miles in total and the fact that we get 40 miles is ridiculous. The habit of making short unconnecting non full line routes has to stop because when people ask for a route. They're not asking for part of a route but the full line. If a route is 60 miles, we should get the full 60 miles. If they're able to make csx heavy haul for consoles, now dtg has to make longer full line routes and they don't have to be 100 miles but 60-80 miles because they have been using the same engine for three years and they should have enough info and knowledge to make a full line route and there should be a strategy to make full line routes especially for a "new game". They can't be using the same excuses as to why were getting non full line routes in the future especially if it's a "new game"

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

Asking for threads to be closed is not right because we have a right to state our opinions and ideas, otherwise why does dtg have fourms

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

But then you look at how much paid dlc ts and tsw has and probably continue to have. It's not like there not making any cash at all because there will be someone who will spend $60 on DLCs. Yes they have to pay employees and buy equipment and take time making things, but you gotta understand why people are frustrated with tsw2, because it's basically updates for tsw2020 but in a second game that could've been in an update for tsw2020. Yes we haven't seen it but it's not anything new other than some minor things. Can you really side on dtg on this one. It's not revolutionary unless you think making a train pink with some dots is revolutionary

18. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I agree with your point, however, both TSW2 and Peninsula Corridor are the same price.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tallboy7648

Well if that's coming from a former employee then I can understand why they can't find a permanent community manager and why dtg is the way they are.

• Like Like x 1
  20. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I get why people are saying that DTG would increase the price if the routes were longer but like come on. £24.99 for a route like Oakville where there are a decent amount of bugs. £24.99 for a route like RRO or HRR where they are both around 23miles. £24.99 for a route like NEC where the route has game breaking bugs.

DTG shouldn’t make mistakes like this with TSW 2 otherwise we are gonna get a TSW 3. And if we get a TSW 3 then that’s where I will have lost hope in DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

Yes, the routes they release are filled with bugs. It's pretty clear that they don't test their dlcs compared to a third party which is stupid. $30 for a dlc is ridiculous if it's riddled with bugs and the worst part is that they won't fix them. We can't have the same nonsense with tsw2 because if we do then what's the point of buying future dlc if it's riddled with bugs

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

To the people defending the current route lengths and content/price ratio, please go and take a look at the old Train Simulator routes or MSTS. For similar prices (for the time) they actually included full length routes (or at least longer ones) and much more rolling stock, even if many of them were AI only. But AI only rolling stock at least gave life and variety to the route, so it felt authentic.

For example take a look at NEC for TS1 and then take a look at NEC for TSW. The TSW one is a joke. One third in length.
    Or take a look at the old Densha de GO game from 2004, that included a bunch of japanese commuter routes, all in full length, with all the rolling stock on the given route driveable, and a bunch of varied AI only rolling stock for the other lines running next to it.

Sure, graphics and details wise TSW beats those, but no wonder, these are all more than 10-15 year old games. Technology improved over time which allows developers to make much more detailed routes with much ease, so it's really not a reason to make routes shorter and shorter.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Satiel

Satiel New Member

I completely understand that making longer routes at once is really challenging budget wise, but they should find a technical solution to quickly extend the ones they have and everyone will be happy.

• Like Like x 3
  24. tallboy7648

The game has been out for two years so there should be a strategy by now to get full line routes at least because any more short routes is just unacceptable

25. Kizna DeAllura

Kizna DeAllura New Member

You do realize, that you need to do a hell of a lot more work for TSW then you did for MSTS?

26. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

To be honest. I am not complying about the length. If I can play a route where there is a lot to do, then I don’t mind.
    But what I am slightly disappointed in is the fact that the route that there are several flaws with the gameplay. For example, the game keeps crashing on Köln to Aachen for me, and the same with livery editor.
    I notice that there is a slight horn issue with the ICE 3M, and the Talent2.
    Most of the rest is brilliant. Some more difficulty in the scenarios would be much nicer, but apart from that, it seems to be a good game.