Euro Fishing Live Tournament Suggestions...

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Bacon Hoarder, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

I really enjoy the live tournaments, but think there are a few things that could improve the experience. For me, the thrill is the competition to see if I can catch the leader. But is that Manor Farm 62 fish total (looking at you, Ville Boy!) his final total, or does he still have sessions remaining?

1) After the Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam ID of the player, include the number of completed sessions by that player.
    So for example, let's say I'm playing my 3rd 30-minute session (of perhaps 6 for this tournament), my name would show as Bacon Hoarder (2). After I finish this session, others would see (3) after my name.

2) Distinguish active players from those already finished. Currently, all ID's are shown in a white font with "Score" in a black font with yellow background. I think it would be neat to see who's actively playing in the tournament, so you know their fish count/weight is still potentially climbing. I'd suggest a green background behind "Score" for active players. So using my above example, during my 3rd session my name would appear as Bacon Hoarder (2) with "Score" highlighted in green. Once my 3rd session has ended, I would appear as Bacon Hoarder (3) with "Score" highlighted in yellow as usual. Maybe a different color background or (F) after the ID could be used once a player has completed all available sessions for the tournament.

3) Finally, please either let us catch a fish we are currently fighting when the tournament ends, or stop the fight immediately at the 20-second end-of-tournament window. It's somewhat insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but it's still a little frustrating that my lost fish counter increments when the fish I'm fighting invariably escapes through no fault of my own as I watch helplessly during these 20-second windows.

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to comment/criticize my suggestions. I love the game, and think these could make it slightly more enjoyable.

edit: I appear to unobservant and potentially colorblind. I fixed a couple of errors in my 2nd suggestion resulting from this.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

Yes I think that was my final fling. Agree with you have posted, the fish you hook b

• Like Like x 1
  3. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

4. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

I wasn't suggesting the fish hooked but not yet caught be added to the total for the tournament, just that we either be allowed to catch them out of curiosity (or completion), or at least to avoid having them added to the total lost fish in our stats. Sorry for the confusion.

5. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

They should also limit everyone to only one attempt per Tourney. It doesn't take much skill if you can use 5 characters to improve your position in a Tourney. In its current state, the most deserving winner doesn't win, I just cant take Tournaments seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

+1
    It took me 3 sessions to figure out the rig/bait combos to stop catching course fish and only catch carp in the Manor Farm Tournament. In the last 2 sessions I caught 14 carp each session, which would give me 84 and the lead if I could play it again. I'm not interested in playing each tournament multiple times, though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thank you for the suggestions for improvements Bacon Hoarder. I will pass them on to the development team.

It has previously been requested that the tournaments be restricted to one attempt per account so this is something that the developers are aware of.

8. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

I know what you mean but my wife likes to play too.

9. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

Thank you, sir.