Train Sim World 2 - New Screens!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jun 26, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Take your first look at Köln Hauptbahnhof, go underground at Baker Street and get close up to the power of CSX on Sand Patch Grade.

READ MORE

• Like Like x 27
  2. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Looking Good!

• Like Like x 3
  3. felixinx

felixinx New Member

Nice DB red train on the left! Didn't know we would have two trains for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Hopefully more passengers on the tube then what there is in these screenshots

• Like Like x 7
  5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Looking really, REALLY good, the detail on Bakaer Street in particular is STUNNING (and it's good to see the Talent 2 mentioned briefy in the announcement get an... equally brief appearance, but hey, now we know it will have a working destination board), but uh

wh

why'd you give the crossing at Mance gates

• Like Like x 4
  6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Having empty platforms is a performance optimisation and allows the user to view the full splendour of the station. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Nice shot of the Cologne cathedral! The traces of dirt on the lower part of the ICE 3 make it look more realistic. Some new sky details are also recognizable, but usually for a rail fan only trains count... ;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Still no fix on the track imposter textures? That's sad.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Desiro444

Desiro444 New Member

Are hotkeys for door control planned for the 1972 stock? Very difficult to drive without them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

The bakerloo line is in it's full length 14 miles & nice DB red Talent 2

• Like Like x 3
  11. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Looks great. I can't wait.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good tsw2

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mkdog45

It was good to hear on the stream that none of the screenshots have been altered and are straight from the game.

• Like Like x 5
  14. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Some nice screenshots but I stand by my statement that the Bakerloo line with be as lifeless as LIRR with a lack of AI trains on the WCML and very few passengers on the platforms. As much as I love the idea of LU in the game I do wish they had waited until they could do it justice, with more people and working PIS/announcements. It'll be a total immersion breaker not hearing 'please mind the gap between the train and the platform'.

On a more positive note the sky in the first ICE3 screenshot looks very good. I'd be surprised if it looks this good on console.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mkdog45

In the FAQ on the website, it says that the theme this year is High Speed so I believe the WCML could be added.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  16. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Wow! What a great batch of screenshots! Hearing that these screens are all from in game and haven’t been altered show what an improvement of the game engine can have. Really love the look of the bakerloo line and I’m glad it’s not lacking in advertising! Can’t wait to get my hands on TSW2!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in the original article.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Anthony Pecoraro

These look fantastic! I am really looking forward to TSW2!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

It's interesting to see what they've done with Sand Patch. The crossing at Mance has been replaced from TSW with a new automatic crossing, which is great except for the fact that it was accurate the first time around.
    TSW:
    [​IMG]
    Real life:
    [​IMG]
    Also, it's a bit of a shame all the 2D trees are the same pine tree model. In that part of the country, forests would be mostly deciduous trees. This is going to be especially noticeable during autumn, when they'll stick out like a sore thumb against the reds and oranges of the 3D trees next to the tracks. I'm worried about what else might be optimized out of existence on Sand Patch - those nice windmills almost certainly won't stay, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Same, Take out some issues with TSW 1 and it was a 1st step in the right direction at it's core for train simulation. TSW 2 will be everything TSW 1 ha and more I guess. This is probably going to be the step we needed hopefully. TSW 1 did what is was supposed to be in some ways. Be almost a full train simulator. With TSW 2 on the horizon, The graphics look stunning as usual. Some of the new features look great. TSW 2 is certainly going to be a great game at it's core. But who knows only time will tell. Also I'm not fully prasing DTG. Just stating my feelings.

• Like Like x 4
  21. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes

• Like Like x 3
  22. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I'm so happy, that I can control the GE AC4400 CW, the EMD SD 40 and the ICE 3 on my PS4 the first time at August 6th. I also can't wait to move longer freight trains then. I have to take vacation for a week starting August 6th. :)

• Like Like x 4
  23. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Looking good. As an Xbox player i'm really looking forward to Sandpatch. Most of the NA freight in TSW2020 is either ancillary (Penninsula Corridor/NEC), or underwhelming (OSD).

Can't wait to run the big AC units!

Also Bakerloo looks pretty neat- haven't ridden the tube in 20 years, but seems very accurate from what i remember.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

The two tracks in the Picture are not existing anymore, and also the wheels of the ICE are clipping the rails.

Train-Sim-World-2---01---Koln---LOGO.jpg
    Unbenannt.JPG

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  25. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Very exciting indeed! As a PS4 player I am very happy to see DTG making this available to the console players, I will enjoy the Köln route, the bakerloo line but as a big fan of North American freight trains and always wanting a route based on steep grades. I can’t express my excitement to be able to run on Sandpatch.

• Like Like x 4
  26. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

The ICE 3 looks sexy, I can’t wait to give this beast a run out. As for the London Underground, what can I say, Baker Street station looks absolutely stunning. Can’t wait to see more picture updates.

• Like Like x 4
  27. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

You couldn't be more right sir

• Like Like x 2
  28. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Am I the only one worried by the absence of passengers ?

• Like Like x 3
  29. bart2day

Nope. I'm worried about that too but DTG have said over on Facebook that passengers will be in the game and these are a WIP. How many of them there will be and why they are not there now when the game is 6 weeks from launch is another question.

• Like Like x 2
  30. enzocarbone

enzocarbone New Member

looks very nice. I really hope in an improved number of frame per seconds.

31. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...really like the add’l pics from TSW 2- thanks for making these available. As others have mentioned here, I too hope that we see add’l passengers at stations where you would expect to see that in real life, as well as add’l rolling stock in yards where you expect to see that as well. I remain hopeful and am really looking forward to the release of this new sim!

• Like Like x 3
  32. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Hopefully there will soon be DLC:s for the german route, like BR101 with IC carriages or freight trains, otherwise it will feel empty.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

They said there is no proper PIS, I suppose that means definitely no next station announcements and such. But GWE already had your usual loud speaker chatter at Paddington and other stations, so I would imagine they do at least the usual "mind the gap" lines and such to play occasionally on the stations. So no working active system, but hopefully just a passive one playing random lines occasionally.

If not, then that's really lame because it means they still didn't get to the level of detail that their first DLC had from 2-3 years ago...

• Like Like x 2
  34. Railfan722

Right, a few more things seem off in these images too. Firstly, the 1972 Stock cab is the wrong shade of blue entirely. The panel should be much darker, and the cab interior bit should be more of a pastel blue, as seen here:
    [​IMG]
    Also, the cab is remarkably clean. These things get filthy after a few weeks in service, so why does it look like it's straight from the factory?

Baker Street itself doesn't look too bad, although the real thing is a lot less bright and clean. The Sherlock Holmes mural is too small, though, and the benches are the wrong color entirely for the underground portion of the route. They're represented as being solid blue, but IRL they're black with yellow armrests.
    [​IMG]
    The benches themselves should be a bit closer to the roundel. This might seem like nitpicking, and it kind of is, but this is one of the most iconic parts of the route and one of the more photographed. Platform destination boards also would have been great, and from what I gather all the technology is there already - get the timetable date from the game into a text file, then just have the dox-matrix boards read from that. I would at least expect something like that to be in a "new" game.

Köln-Aachen doesn't look too bad, actually. Nick already pointed out that the ICE 3 appears to have slightly melted inside the rails, but that shouldn't be too hard of a fix. Freight makes up around a third of the traffic on that line, though, and not having it will result in again what feels like a dead route like so many others in TSW.

Sand Patch I've already talked about, but there's another thing worth mentioning. If you look in the background, you can very clearly see the bare hillside. One would hope that something like that would have been fixed, after all MSB isn't like that, but clearly not. It honestly feels like a bit of an insult to have this route sold to me for what's now the fourth time with little to no change - surely an extension to Connellsville, the actual logical end of the route, wouldn't have been too hard?

There's a lot of small issues here that quickly stack up, and unfortunately DTG is going to have to send the final version off to Steam in the next 1-2 weeks, so what you see is pretty much what you get. Hopefully this all gets ironed out eventually, but I wouldn't count on it. For now, my wallet is staying shut.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  35. Anthony Pecoraro

There are trees on that hill, but they haven't loaded in. If you go closer to it, they load in.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Railfan722

I mean, it's just some 2D shapes. Surely they could be loaded at a much further distance, no? As it is, it looks terrible especially with the flat green texture they've used with no variation.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

I just REALLY hope that ai passengers are completely re-worked.

1. There is nowhere near enough on TSW1. On platforms/trains or walking down the street.

2. They appear out of thin air when stationary on a platform.

3. 30 pile onto the platform as you approach but none get on.....just the original 4 when your pulling in.

4. Stand facing the wrong way, too robotic, be good to see groups/families etc.

5. If its to do with performance give us the option in settings to have more/less in game using a slider setting.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  38. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I think that this is a very good package for console, at £25. Heavy freight (and lots of it on CSX), plus high speed rail, express commuter and metro... all in one pack. The Talent is most welcome, as I suspect that Cologne to Aachen will become a bit of a Paddington-Reading snooze fest... (looks nice, but it is probably the weakest part of the offering).

The hue/saturation in the Bakerloo pictures looks a bit wrong to me... but other than that - it looks good. Nice bit of wear on the route maps... some tunnel grime on the walls.... reasonably detailed (although exceptionally clean) platform pit. Baker Street looks very well proportioned - they got the alignment right, and the pit block details look okay. Looks good. You can pick anything apart if you want to... but the overall presentation is good. Big shame about no dot-matrix PIS - this is a major missing component.... but that will become a non-issue compared to lack of passengers.... These platforms should be jam-packed with commuters... almost continuously.... for nearly every hour in the day. If they are all "first train" empty.... then bart2day is right.... the life and soul will not be there.

• Like Like x 4
  39. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

And the nitpicking award goes to... :D

• Like Like x 7
  40. bart2day

Absolutely. The grime on the map is very well reproduced and 100% realistic. They've even made it look like its beginning to peel off at the bottom. Shows that DTG can have a very good eye for detail.

Screenshot (2).png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  41. Mkdog45

It’s also looks like someone had just removed a label from the Lambeth North stop on the map - the station closed for maintenance between July 2016 and February 2017

• Like Like x 2
  42. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

its work in progress. there will be passengers

• Like Like x 2
  43. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

That's exactly my concern about the game. On console there are very few passengers and they act strangely, not boarding trains most of the time. If DTG fixes this immersion will be much better.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Ideally, there would be enough passengers to block your view around curves in tube stations.... it should feel like you are surrounded by swarms of people - it is part of the immersion. If you run a service through central London at 8.00am, and there isn't a soul to be seen, then it's (generally speaking) completely wrong.

Absence of passengers won't bother me that much, because I am used to seeing every station platform on the network when it is completely empty.... but when The Metro, London Evening Standard, Torygraph, Gridiniad, Daily Hate, Sun and Mirror get their hands on it.... the reviewing journalists will really want to sing their praises about TSW2 because of the Bakerloo Line route (which they will all be able to strongly identifiy with) .... but they will all just make a COVID-19 joke about it..... this is almost guaranteed. Might increase sales anyway.... ;-O

Breathe Easily.jpg

It might actually be a good idea to have some COVID posters in the stations.... for "2m social distancing" and "wear your mask" (like above, but without the Mr Handy robot...)......and....of course..."Mind The Gap" now has a completely different meaning.....

Regarding the PIS - how hard would it be to make every dot matrix show "1. [Destination]......Arrived" plus a clock showing the in-game time - to give some tiny amount of light and movement (even if it is just a digital clock ticking over....)....? Just the predictable basics - I am not asking for them to have mice running around the pit.... although that would be authentic.... ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  45. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

And the nitpickers are out in force -- just as expected.

• Like Like x 9
  46. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the lack of passengers is intentional to show off the screenshots, they would block the view otherwise especially on the Underground. Previous promotional screenshots have had no passengers also.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  47. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I want PIS why does it look like this the map is peeling off like it's not a big deal

48. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

It looks like that because it looks like that in real life apparently, these trains aren't exactly new. Some have even pointed out earlier in this thread how it looks like there was a sticker ripped off covering Lambeth North, as the station was closed for about a year a few years ago, so they DEFINITELY did their research with this

The lack of PIS is a bit more fair criticism

• Like Like x 5
  49. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I wonder how the lack of PIS is going too affect this route

• Like Like x 1
  50. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

You see it all the time on the London Underground, as well as stickers covering up existing stops depending if the stop is undergoing maintenance, thus, not in service. As soon as I noticed the peeling stickers and wear on the route map, I was happy as that’s one thing they’ve nailed bang on.

• Like Like x 5