Routes In Ts2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nwp1, Jun 22, 2020.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me If it possible to install Train Simulator 2019 on top of TS2020 to get the 2019 routes into the game or will it cause problems? Thank you

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Download it, it will install and you'll get all the routes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Cat

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

The same is true of any edition of TS you can get a key for as well as any future edition that you may find interesting. You can build up a good value collection of international routes this way.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Heck, I can tell you I installed 2019 AND 2018 on top of 2020. Got all of those routes. Only way to get North Wales Coastal (or start with the 2018 key and then get a 2020 package later). 2017 also gets you South Wales Coastal, but only as far as Cardiff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Following the advice I purchased a steam key for TS2019 and the Steam install aborted saying I already have the content. Really wanted the routes included in the 19 package and now disappointed that the routes didn’t install. In discussions with the seller and hoping there is someway to resolve this.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  7. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

That's strange. I happen to have some Steam keys for TS2016 to give away and at least two of the people who have taken me up on that already had some edition of TS and were able to use their keys installing the 2016 routes without difficulty. It's Steam's system so I suggest you take the matter up with them before giving up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I also started off with TS2020 and then installed all the previous years packs afterwards without any issues, so not sure why you are having problems.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you install you get a message saying you don't get another version of Train Simulator you click ok to agree and then it installs as it should.
    Try it again

• Like Like x 1
  10. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I have tried several times now, in case it was a server problem.

I am doing nothing different from what I usually do to install an add-on and I never have received this message before.

I click on Add a game, bottom left. Then Choose activate a product on Steam. I then enter the code in the product activation window. I then receive a message: Product already owned. Saying, “The steam account already owns the product(s) associated with this activation code.” Click next to proceed. There is no next button to click on, only Back or Finish. Clicking on finish, I then receive an error message. “Steam failed to install (connection time out) OK.”

In conclusion, I can only assume that I have been issued with a code for TS2020 and not TS2019, because you all have confirmed to me that installing a previous year to obtain the routes all work. Unless someone else has had this problem and found a way around it. I have submitted a ticket and written to the seller and await responses. I will advise the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  11. longo239

So it sounds like the codes have been accepted. Have you checked whether the routes have appeared in the game? Apologies if you have, just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

No routes not in game yet. Sent my full details to seller so they can see they didn’t download. The only route I have from the Ts2019 route collection is Portsmouth DL but mine is from Woking and the London part doesn’t show. I think the code given must be for TS2020 as the code wasn’t accepted. Hope it is sorted as it has become frustrating and disappointing!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  13. Cyclone

I was given a wrong key once, for 2016 when I tried to buy 2017. I would never have bought 2016 due to owning two of the three routes already, with the third being part of Battle for Sherman Hill (and all included DLC also in 2016 from that route). The company did not make any effort to take accountability for the error. Be prepared to document in video form what's going on as this would be a great way to dispute with Payoal under the listing of incorrect product received, which may very well be what you wind up having to do. I can show you such a video I took if you need an idea of things to cover. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

In Steam - go to "Manage my DLC" (when TS2020 is selected in your library) and then make sure everything is ticked for TS2020.

• Like Like x 1
  15. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Yes everything is ticked. Should it all be unticked to get key code to work?

16. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the advice. Seller is acting reasonably and after examining the code the customer care assistant is trying to get their powers to offer a refund. Should I issue a support ticket and send the code to DTG support. Is it the same code for TS2019 and if I bought it from a different seller will the code be different? Advice please.

17. longo239

I don't know how the codes work, but I doubt DTG will be able to help is it hasn't been purchased from their store.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Cyclone. Thank you for the advice. I hope I won’t need PayPals help with this matter

19. Plastic Pal

Are the DLCs that you purchased in that "Manage DLC" list - the TS2019 routes (Soldier Summit, Portsmouth, Frankfurt HS...).... are they listed....?

NB: I bought TS2019 after TS2020, and I had no problems. In fact, I bought TS2019, TS2018, TS2017, TS2016, TS2015 and TS2014 - all of them - after I bought and installed TS2020 - all without a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's most likely steam throwing a wobbler, but the license key you've bought it for a BUNDLE rather than just TSx, so make sure whoever you deal with realises you don't actually want TS2019, you want the DLC bundle that came with it

• Like Like x 1
  21. Plastic Pal

And most people would call that specific bundle of routes "TS2019", as marketed. So I'd suggest that nwp1 refers to the purchase as a purchase of "TS2019", which 99.99999% of people understand it to be called.

Is it even possible to buy Train Simulator (TSx..?)... without any DLC....?

• Like Like x 1
  22. ARuscoe

Which would actually cause more confusion in this case because TS2019 (the game engine) automatically upgrades to TS2020, so if you have TS2020 you don't need TS2019, whereas in this case you want the TS2019 bundle rather than the TS2020 bundle. Putting that word in there just makes it easier to understand

No, because there would be no content bar maybe the academy.

23. Plastic Pal

Nope - it would cause less confusion if the bundle was referred to as TS2019, because that is what it was marketed as, sold as, and bought as. This is what everyone else would call the product. Objectively, it is the description that (almost) everyone agrees on and understands.

Steam doesn't sell the UI component individually, and it is clear that nwp1 did not try to purchase the UI, or the three DLC items.... individually (Soldier Summit, Portsmouth, Frankfurt HS) - so "TS2019" is the best and clearest description, for discussion, when making a consumer query.

It doesn't matter what the computer's perspective of the DLC structure is - the computer didn't spend any money or try to sell the product.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

Oh I agree if it was only the bundle that was every referred to as TS2019, but it wasn't, so if I go into a store and as for TS2019 they can happily say that it's not sold any more because TS2020 is the new thing. Unless you then go on to say that you want the BUNDLE which came with 2019 the confusion is still there.

Either way, the OP can say or do things how they want and if they get the DLC good on them.

25. Plastic Pal

Yep - and it is going to be far less confusing if they don't take your advice and then enter into a long discussion about how technically you never really buy "TSx" as a "base game" but you can buy the TSx UI and a bit of DLC in a bundle....etc.....

....and simply stick to saying that they bought a TS2019 code, and then work from there... as that reflects objective reality.

• Like Like x 2
  26. ARuscoe

Absolutely. Do what they've already done only to be told they've already got it. Works like a charm.

27. Plastic Pal

In the context of the purchase made by nwp1 ...... having "TS2019" literally means having the bundle of x3 DLCs that were meant to come with the TS2019 product, as sold. Every single other person (with perhaps only one exception) would take that meaning.... so.... if they.....

.....simply stick to saying that they bought a TS2019 code, and then work from there... they will be fine....

CORRECTION: As detailed below, TS2019 was marketed with x5 DLCs as a standard package.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Cyclone

It's actually five. Soldier Summit and Salt Lake, Rhine Railway and Frankfurt, and Waterloo-Portsmouth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What are the other two?
    [1] FRANKFURT HIGH SPEED: travel out of Frankfurt on Deutsche Bahn's vision of high speed travel
    [2] SOLDIER SUMMIT & SALT LAKE CITY: Denver & Rio Grande Western and Amtrak action
    [3] PORTSMOUTH DIRECT LINE
    [4] ?
    [5] ?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dovetail-Games-RS-TS2019-Train-Simulator/dp/B07HZ3JMGK

• Like Like x 1
  30. longo239

https://steamdb.info/sub/306681/apps/

1. Portsmouth Direct Line: London Waterloo - Portsmouth Route Add-On
    2. Frankfurt High Speed
    3. Salt Lake City Route Extension
    4. Soldier Summit Route Extension
    5. The Rhine Railway: Mannheim - Karlsruhe

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Three routes and two Extensions which do not work without owning the main routes

• Like Like x 1
  32. Cyclone

Right. The point is that they are five separate route DLC. Even if it is only three routes in the end. You say tomato, I say tomahto.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Plastic Pal

The real point is.....

.... has the problem posted by the OP ( nwp1 ) been addressed....?

• Like Like x 1
  34. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

35. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Non of the routes included in the TS2019 package are in my manage DLCs list. As soon as I entered the cd code I received the already owned message immediately so nothing was downloaded. That’s what makes me think that the code given was not for TS2019 and maybe for TS2020 or before TS2019 all of which I do own, but I own none of the routes within the TS2019 package and was hoping that they would be unlocked into the game, hence my purchase.

I have sent the code to support and await their response and hope they can throw some light on this matter and hopefully a fix.

36. Plastic Pal

Okay - so it is a duplicate code for the TS2019 package.

DTG are aware of duplicate codes being created (by Steam), and TrainSim-Steve has recently dealt with this sort of issue. I don't think there is anything that anyone in the Forum can do to help you.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Cyclone

It might be worth taking a picture of your DLC list after receiving the code to show that you did not receive any content. Then you can take that back to the reseller.

• Like Like x 1
  38. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Cyclone. I sent the reseller a full list of my DLCs following taking a few screenshots and this is being investigated by their technical team. I hope they find that they supplied the wrong code and give me the right one, rather than a refund as the customer assistant suggested to me.

I would like to thank everyone who offered help and advice and certainly if TS2019 can be successfully installed into TS2020, then the code given must be wrong. I am uncertain about buying the key from another reseller. Would purchasing the CD ROM version be the better option?

39. Plastic Pal

If you get the refund, then that would be great (easiest solution).... and then you could try again with any decent online retailer. If you buy a physical version of TS2019 then make sure it is marked as "new", as the disc itself isn't actually needed..... you want the individual printed code inside the sealed box (unused). There should be no problem with addiing TS2019 on top of, or after, TS2020

• Like Like x 2
  40. Cyclone

This is absolutely correct. I finally went ahead and bought a boxed and previously sealed TS 2012 retail box, but we discussed beforehand and I noted that the product did not have to actually be shipped as I would rather activate it remotely and then he can do whatever with the box. We did that, I tried my code, and I now have Cajon Pass on my Canadian computer. Plus Castle Rock and the other two fictional routes from back then. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  41. Plastic Pal

Oh really.... Hmmm.....

Does TS2012 (I didn't even know there was a TS2012....).... Does TS2012 really work under TS2020? I thought that was under the "Railworks" technology phase.....? I will investigate... thank you......!

What are the TS2012 routes? (I will be looking it up anyway.... ;-) )

EDITED TO ADD: To save anyone from being helpful.... I have found the routes for TS2012. I realise that I have them all, as they are (almost) all available for free on Steam Workshop - and these Workshop versions are specifically upgraded versions to work with Train Simulator as it now is (TS2013/14-TS2020), so they might be better than anything from a disc.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Cyclone

Since you already answered your own question, I'll link this anyway. (That is a link to SteamDB.)

I want to point out something you're not going to be able to use. Railworks 3 LegacyScenariosFictional represents the scenarios that are supplied for the three fictional routes. Naturally, this means Railworks 3 LegacyRoutesFictional represents the three routes themselves. They are under a different ID than the workshop versions, so if the scenarios were to be remade, they in theory could be for the workshop routes. This would require someone to look through the original scenario and make a recreation for the free version in the workshop. There is a question of legality, but it COULD be done all the same.

Also, notice that activating 2012 without ownership of 2020 still gets you 2020 (look at the SteamDB listing). This is true for all versions. When 2021 arrives, it will replace 2020 in every one of those packages where 2020 is. The core is always updated in these packages, and I have seen it said even by DTG that adding old versions does not work. IT DOES WORK. You can do it safely. I've done it three times, and someone else has done it SIX times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Plastic Pal

Yeah - that was me........, about x20 posts above this one.... ;-)

If I found a copy of TS2012.... would it be worth it, just for Cajon Pass (as I have everything else).......?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you fellas. Your help has been wonderful. I hope they find the right code rather than a refund. But it is good to know that you can import TS2019 into TS2020. I really appreciate your time and effort shown. I will advise of any further developments.

45. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am pleased to inform that the reseller has issued a full refund and this has been confirmed by PayPal account. I now await to hear back from my support ticket which because of this pandemic could take awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Cyclone

Do you have the three fictional routes including Castle Rock? They are formed by a single item in the package, LegacyFictionalRoutes I think it is. There is one for their scenarios, too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. longo239

I got the three fictional routes from the workshop. They were uploaded by Matt Peddlesden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Plastic Pal

I got them all from the workshop. they are all on the first page in this (extremely useful) search query for Workshop Routes:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop...&section=readytouseitems&requiredtags[]=route

• Like Like x 1
  49. Cyclone

I should point out that the official representation back in 2010 was as a single Steam DLC, and the routes for them a single Steam DLC bundled with it in any packages that included the routes. Therefore, because this is a separate upload of the previously combined trio of routes, the scenarios made for them - including in other packages, like the Canadian National pack that includes scenarios for the Castle Rock route, will not function on the workshop editions of the route. At all. Because the route ID is different. You might be able to copy the scenario into the Workshop route's folder, and apparently this works in cases like Maine Maritime conversions of Portland Terminal scenarios (the SD40 and GP40 notwithstanding since it was changed in the freeware version, I believe the SD40 is owned by DTG and could not be kept), but I do not know 100% that this would work even if you did this and then tried uploading such a scenario (this is technically illegal as it's not your content, BTW) to the workshop as a scenario for the workshop route. I would love to see the old CN scenarios for Castle Rock now that I own the actual route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. longo239

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1