A Review From A Former Employee At Dtg On The Internet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xpert2036, Jun 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

[removed by Protagonist - see below]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Oh
    I won’t say nothing since I might get banned.

3. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I am afraid I will get banned but this website is toxic so who knows

• Like Like x 1
  4. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Does Anyone Know Who this person is?
    Out Of curiosity

5. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

It didn't say either

6. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

When was the review made?

7. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Well.........we all ready knew [removed to avoid libel] was pretty god damn bad at management, if he can let DLC go out for £25. To be honest I'm not surprised. [removed to avoid libel] has made a quote, "DTG are here to make a difference in the gaming community", well if that's a bad difference in the community, then good job. It's simple to see DTG are a load of.................if anyone is old enough, you know what I was going to say. ;) Simple DTG management need to get a life. DTG Protagonist pass the message on for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If true and there is no reason to doubt it, this is pretty damning. I suspect it is true, because with some management types, all they care about is £$€. They don’t care about the end product.

The devs must be quietly fuming, trying to put they’re best effort into something, only for it to be undermined from the top.

These same managers don’t understand that a quality product = even more money in the long run.

• Like Like x 5
  9. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

September of 2019 TSW was popular at the time which makes this damming

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I just hope the devs don’t leave in any significant number and endure.

This sort have happened with my favourite game developer Rare Ltd. They produced some amazing games for Nintendo back in the day, but when Microsoft bought them and a load of devs left, it become a mere husk of its former self and it hardly makes any new games anymore. The ones it does make are nowhere near as good as it’s back catalogue.

11. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry. That is fairly tame feedback from an ex-employee, and is the sort of feedback that you can get from very many existing employees in very many companies. There is always a tension/distance between the Exec team and people that work a few rungs below. This is completely normal.

12. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Weird, They Must Still Be Active In the DTG Community of they didn't put there name

13. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

There are several quite damning reviews on the website which confirm what some on these forums have claimed about management rushing content out etc.

On the flip side there are also several more positive ones.

You will generally find that it's human nature to tell more people about a bad experience than a good one.

• Like Like x 2
  14. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

[attachments removed by Protagonist - see below]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Yep - that's a read-out of more office politics from ex-employees. Office politics with a very small "p". This is completely normal, and unsurprising.

The thing that is interesting is that you could probably infer/predict all of these bits of feedback (and maybe much much worse) from the quality of the end-products at release.... unfinished, rushed, buggy, poor QA..... released with iconic levels of marketing hyperbole and blind bravado.....

But you will still get disgruntled employees leaving this kind of feedback, even with the most fantastic and well-paid workplaces that churn out exceptionally high quality products. It is completely normal.

16. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locking this thread here as it is only going to be a pit of further doom and gloom. If you want to go read reviews of the company from those who have left it, the samples in this thread were taken from Glassdoor.com. They're publicly visible and you can see them for yourself, but this forum is not the place to discuss them. Also, it's worth considering where and when they were posted.

There are two kinds of people who leave a negative review when leaving any company:
    1 - people who left and it was not their choice to do so
    2 - people who left and it was their choice to do so

The commonality is - they left.

I've removed names from earlier posts in this thread to prevent libel.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.