The Catch Not Looking Good

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nuter41, Jun 29, 2020.

1. nuter41

nuter41 Member

So there’s been very little promo work done for this game and the most worrying thing is there’s only 5 locations where fishing planet has 19 and it’s a free game. So it’ll be more paid dlc’s for extra locations and tackle. I feel that alot of people’s ideas which were asked for which they said were going to be implemented into fishing sim world have just been collected and pumped into a new game. Bet you can’t sit down or change float depth etc.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

4 years between euro fishing and FSW and They made some good stuff with all the online tournaments and leagues, career mode etc but when FSW first dropped it was full of bugs and was an unfinished game! It worries me that 2 years isnt long enough for them to make a similar impact. Why not just a big DLC? Surely easier But i guess for £20 buy it see what it's like after a few weeks theyll be updates but they never complete a game before bringing the next one out! I look forward to coming on here n reading the comments nevertheless

3. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

The comparison with Fishing Planet is pretty bad. Yes, in theory it's free but you have to pay to use all venues without limits and that is ridiculously expensive, especially since they managed to completely ruin the in game economy.

As for the rest, I guess it's wait and see.

4. nuter41

nuter41 Member

I got the fisherman fishing planet which is the complete game. Cost me £30 and includes 35 DLC’s which in my opinion smashes anything else out of the park

5. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Just got done watching a stream from a certain user on Twitch. It looks exactly like FSW, except the fish models look nicer, and the UI is different. Not a good first impression yet. :(

6. nuter41

nuter41 Member

Yep I watched that as well. Very poor. You still can’t change float depth, you can’t sit down, no day and night cycle. Not impressed

7. brunskillmatthew

brunskillmatthew New Member

If u are just here to complain why are u commenting keep it to your self

8. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Where can I see this stream ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. brianvangrol

brianvangrol New Member

How late Will the catch Come Out

10. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Hi bruno.cordero.bcn , I saw you on the stream. We are having a dialogue, and there's nothing wrong with having a discussion and expressing our opinions. So far, as you have seen, the criticism has been healthy. We didn't mean to offend you; we're just having an open discussion. Please do not take it personally. If you're happy with what you've seen so far, then we are also happy for you! :)

The Catch comes out June 30th.

The stream is now over.

11. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Well, sorry I didn't hear about that stream or any stream from the Dovetail,gang. So, the most bothersome thing about all this is Not One flipping piece of news or mentions on any social media about game release. Yes, we know 30June is the supposed release date. Having an almost non existent moderator or rep in your forums is utter garbage Dovetail! Less than 12 hrs to go to release. Nothing in the Xbox game store??? DTG_Stephen You, coming on here for the last month saying they'll be more news to come soon. I'm a huge Dovetail supporter. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing all of your games, through the good & bad. But, you guys have really dropped the ball on this release. Not to mention, not a great move to bail on FSW unannounced to your player base, then roll out a whole new game with literally almost no PR for said release. You guys have got to do better than this! I want to see Dovetail around for a long time making good sim games that so few companies actually do anymore. Pull it together guys! Show the Fishing sim players that support you, you actually give a flying flip about them! I'm a huge fan guys, have been for many years from your first game published. This garbage that you have pulled during this whole release is very concerning. Your supporters deserve much better than this!

12. joegatt37

joegatt37 New Member

Don't see why there's so much hate for this game people saying it should be DLC for FSW but £20 for 5 new venues + new species and more is better value than the usual DLC, Not to mention I willingly give my £20 for amount of man hours put into the game cheers dovetail for your efforts a welcome chill time away from the kids I'll be there at midnight. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. D3VILDOG8541

There definitely has been some unnecessary hate thrown Dovetails way. Some of it is deserved though. I personally think that FSW was a very solid game that took their fishing sim to the next level by far. The amount of work that went into them getting the sponships of the companies, real life fishing pros in itself was a huge accomplishment. There I think, lies one of the biggest points of frustration/anger/resentment from the players. FSW was a great solid foundation they could have built from. Heck, look at TSW? They could have done the same thing with FSW, rebranded it with whatever name & kept the core game there & add the new content as expansion, so it's all in one place under one game. If 'The Catch' isn't running on a new engine, with completely different modeling than what was the point in making it a stand alone? Dovetail not providing ANY information about the new game, why the decision was made to leave FSW behind as a finished product, etc. has upset a lot of players. I understand that, they have a legit reason to not be happy about that. I would've much rather seen FSW continue to be developed. That being said, I love sim games. I like the games dovetail puts out & I believe they truly try to make every game the best they can. So, I will continue to support them. The pricing is fair, especially in the current game market. I'll happily buy the new game, even if it's nothing more different than new maps, gear, fish. I really hope it's more than that but, based on the lack of PR from the company, lack of keeping the player base informed on Anything; I'm not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 1
  14. brianvangrol

brianvangrol New Member

Waiting for the release

15. brianvangrol

brianvangrol New Member

I can download it

• Like Like x 1
  16. D3VILDOG8541

Nice, Happy Hunting

17. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

I finally watched the stream. Quite a surprise : it is the exact same game as FSW.
    Why can't we play the FSW venues in The Catch? ( as they did in Train sim world 2 with TSW 2020 ?) Now we will have two identical games installed but with different lakes each... and a lot of space lost.
    DTG (absence of) communication is very surprising too. they used to stream regularly then suddenly disappeared with no info to their players. Now they release the same game with no communication at all. So weird and contemptuous for the players.

• Like Like x 3