Trophies I'm Owed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Factor41, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

That one worked fine for me, and I would have done the scenarios via Journey mode. Seems like this one is actually set up correctly!

I guess TVL has lower numbers because it wasn't part of a [common] bundle?

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

So - I think that's very useful to know. Because that means the chance to get a trophy (or how they are designed for different routes)... is really completely random. ;-O

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s really weird how they some work for some people and not others.

4. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Yeah I figured that was the issue. The frustration of trying 3 times at 4.5hrs each has driven me off the game entirely for now. Highly unlikely I’ll bother with TSW2, the trophy anxiety I suffer for each one I try to get is just not worth prolonging for another £25. So sad.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

TheTipsyRaccoon make sure you log a ticket and let them know they are potentially losing sales because of it. Over the couple of years it's been out they have certainly heard from me on the trophy issue

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. Trophies are definitely a big thing for me too. When I’ve earned one, I want it. I don’t want to have repeat something over and over again whilst trying different things to try and force the game to recognise what it’s supposed to do without any hiccups. There are just far too many bugs to trust the trophy will pop. Especially for the ones where you have to drive hundreds of miles or carry out so many services. TSW2 better not be riddled with these same bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheTipsyRaccoon

Oh I have. I’ve already spent money on every DLC TSW has to offer except the latest three locos, but once TSW2 comes out I’m done here.

That’s the same issue for me, knowing before I even start that I’ll probably have to redo 100 services, or 4.5 hours worth of scenarios (three times over in my case, unsuccessfully) it grinds me down. I’d have finished the entire game and all it’s content by now if I didn’t have to go back and redo the same monotonous things numerous times.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Factor41

Yeah, I'll be holding off getting TSW2 at launch and if I see more of the same "missing trophy" posts, that'll be another nail in its coffin.

9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

They really don't understand PlayStation customers....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hopefully they get to understand us (and presumably XBox customers) fast. Trophies matter. They need to work reliably, first time every time. No unnecessary hoops (having to create millions of test profiles, or sitting on your thumb whilst balancing the PS4 controller on your head and rubbing your belly etc).

The trophies not working reliably in TSW 2020 has been extremely demotivating.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheTipsyRaccoon

Reddit is no better. Whenever I questioned a trophy popping on there they always point out, so helpfully, that there is more to the game than just trophies, and I should be playing for the train driving. Excellent. I’m a train driver IRL so gimme trophies!

• Like Like x 2
  12. TinTin_57

PC players no doubt

• Like Like x 1
  13. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Some trophies I'm owned:

LIRR: The King of Queens

Done well over 70 services, but it's not unlocked

MSB: All in Order

Done it three times on different profiles and no luck

TVL: Beaming with Pride

Again, done all of them, but nothing...

MP15DC: Light Work

Done all 11 services but no trophy

MP15DC: Level Up

No trophy despite that I'm level 12

HRR: Building a Background

Done all 5 of them and of course, no trophy!

There's likely more, but I haven't gotten to the point where those should unlock anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Hate to massively bump this, but any advice for these trophies? This is for TSW 2020 btw.

15. Factor41

Best advice I can give is to give up all hope of ever getting these! I've barely touched TSW for a while now as there have been quite a few other games which have kept me busy (currently enjoying shooting down the baddies in Air Combat 7) and all of them seem perfectly capable of awarding trophies whenever I earn one. I was holding off buying TSW2 until these stupid little issues were resolved and I'm still waiting...

16. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

i hope you got all the real planes in AC7 and season pass missions :)

17. Factor41

Yeah, unlocked all the planes and special missions, playing through on Ace mode now trying them all out. It's hard work trying to take down Mihaly's SU-30 in an F4!

The best bit about AC7 (and other trick TSW is missing) is the VR mode - it's awesome being able to look around and track the enemy when he's high above you, even if it does get a bit vom-inducing after a good dogfighting session. :D

18. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Helpful...not giving up and letting the game win!

19. TheTipsyRaccoon

Reinstall the game with only the DLC for the route you’re attempting. Don’t delete save data. Do the trophy requirements on a new profile in game, and then if it doesn’t pop straight away, leave the PS4 switched on and inactive on the game’s main menu. The longest I waited was 4 hours after completing a trophy for it to be awarded however most pop immediately or within 10-15 mins. It’s a long process, you may only get one trophy a day, but it has worked without fail for me so far.

20. Factor41

So, it's been a while since I touched TSW, but I noticed that TSW2 had been in the sale so thought I'd give the original another a whirl and see how I felt about it. I've been running through the East Coastway journey, jumping between the passenger and freight options and, having got so far, am now able to add these further trophies to the big old list that haven't been awarded...

ECW: Situational Awareness
    Complete all scenarios on East Coastway

ECW: Going Coastal
    Complete 10 services on East Coastway

ECW: Top and Tailed
    Complete East Coastway scenario 'Cutting Closure'

Pic shows quite clearly that I've done enough services and scenarios to have been awarded all of these.

Train Sim World_20210103111544.jpg

I'm not interested in re-doing everything, making new profiles, fiddling with my internet settings or leaving my console on for 96 hours to try and bodge my way into getting these trophies. I understand that the game is destined to remain a shambles forever. All I want to know is this: Is this fixed in TSW2 or does anybody have any single trophy that they've earned and not been awarded?

I'm literally basing my purchasing on that. If a single person has not been awarded a trophy they've earned, then I'm out. Hard no. Definitely not purchasing. Whole franchise is dead to me. So please let me know.

On a positive note, I've started 2021 playing Dirt 5, which is excellent fun. I've earned 11 trophies so far and guess what... I've been given every single one of them.

DIRT 5™_20210102201248.jpg DIRT 5™_20210102225208.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

First of all, I’ll say that with the fact that trophies do exist in the game they should work and work every time and the devs need prodding and prodding again to get it sorted but with regards to not buying the game because a single trophy might not work, I have this to say...

Why deny yourself the joy of driving the trains? Why do trophies mean so much more than the content? Surely you must enjoy driving the trains? Or does it not matter what you are doing as long as you get an arbitrary award for it? I know that there is a sense of achievement in getting a trophy but if you’ve done everything for that trophy and it doesn’t pop, just make one out of some silver foil and pin it to your shirt or something. You’ve still done the achievement and you know that you’ve done it. Is it really enough to not buy a game because an icon doesn’t change colour when you’ve done something? I really don’t get it. It’s not like the content of the game isn’t working. It is just an icon changing colour, not something real. You’re missing out on the pleasure of driving the trains if you don’t buy it because of that, and you do say in big pink letters that you won’t buy it if one single trophy doesn’t work. That’s going a bit far if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  22. TinTin_57

The only one in TSW2 that hasn't worked for me so far is the complete all scenarios for Isle Of Wight. But that is a DLC so wouldn't affect your platinum. I have asked both Rivet and DTG to fix it and was told by both that there are no plans to do anything with trophies on that route.

23. Factor41

Thanks. That's all I needed. It's not about the Platinum, it's about choosing to invest in software which has respect for a player's time and effort. "No plans to fix" tells me all I need to know.

It's not about the reward, it's about the whole experience. Eventually, the constant frustration of little things not working over and over and over again chips away at the enjoyment. I've got a PS5 on the way, and there are plenty of other experiences that are as enjoyable, without the frustration. I've got TSW2020 - if I feel the need to drive a train, I have plenty of options left to play. I'm just not going to buy into the new version, knowing that the most basic of coding tasks for consoles are still beyond the wit of the development team.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s really poor and just two fingers up at the players. Trophies should work 100%, no ifs no buts.

• Like Like x 1
  25. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Laughs in PC :P

26. davem300490

davem300490 New Member

I can confirm to this day that the trophy issues are still a problem on TSW 2020.... I've only got Oakville Sub to finish and the Class 52 mileage on WSR....