PlayStation Tsw2-which Route Will You Choose First?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Jul 7, 2020.

?
  1. Sand Patch Grade - 52 mile route between Cumberland and Rockwood, featuring the CSX AC4400CW, SD40-2

23.6%
  2. Köln Schnellfahrstrecke - 70 kilometre section of high speed railway between Cologne and Aachen in G

27.8%
  3. Bakerloo Line - 14 mile London Underground line featuring the 1972 Mark 2 Stock.

48.6%
  1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    With the launch of TSW2 coming August 6th and with the information we have on the new game featuring the three routes listed below, which route are you most excited to jump into when you first load up TSW2?
    I am personally very excited to have Sandpatch coming to consoles for the first time. I have watched videos of Sandpatch and having an interest in heavy American freight the new adhesion physics sound like they will make this a great experience. That will be the first route I hop into. Hope you share what your excited for! Thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the new remastered Sandpatch route.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Oh, Sand Patch Grade all day. I know you and I have been the consistent voices on this forum about bringing the SPG to consoles for...what, two years now? Hahaha! I'm just grateful that DTG listened. I have a feeling it's going to be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  4. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I definitely think Sand Patch Grade would be the best route that showcases all the improvements that TSW2 brings along with it. Especially considering we'll have variable adhesion and new services to play around with!

• Like Like x 5
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I really can’t decide at the moment which one I’ll drive first. I’ll probably have to roll a dice for it. I’m more worried about how much time I’m going to be spending glued to the PS4 during the first week. There’s not only three new routes to play with, there’s trying out the scenario planner and the livery designer too.

• Like Like x 6
  6. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I will go for Sand Patch first. Full route drive!
    But after I finish it, I will go immediately for driving the ICE! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I voted for the Bakerloo, though it’ll either be that or the German ICE 3. Can’t wait.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

ICE 3, I'm very fond of the German routes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

For me. It will be The Bakerloo line, Then the German Route then the Sand Patch Grade.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

The route that shows up first in the menu :). I expect it to be SPG. So I voted for that. But SPG is not the route I'm most looking forward to, that's the Koln-Aachen route

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The route it boots me into after entering the menu.

But otherwise, Koln to Aachen first, then Bakerloo.
    And once again, SPG will be barely touched. Although with the supposed adhesion changes, it might be more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

With less than a month to go before release why haven’t we seen more about this game....getting frustrated:Note to DTG show console versions of game play as well

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I think we will get to see enough 'til release...

New Screens every Friday (2 for each route = about 24 screens from now until then)
    Bakerloo and SFS Köln-Aachen Vids on the next two thursdays
    Roadmap on 30th July
    Maybe some screens of the livery editor and/or scenario planner

Of course these are speculations, but from what we were given so far, I expect this to be shown to us, which is enough imo... or do you want the whole game leaked before it gets released to spoil all the fun?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Bakerloo Line as I'm really interested to see what it's like, plus a local route for me

• Like Like x 1
  15. fat frank

fat frank New Member

Really looking forward to the Bakerloo Line, hope it lives up to expectations!

• Like Like x 1
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Mainly the Bakerloo line closely followed by the Koln route. The SPG route is normally one that wouldn't interest me and I barely played it in TSW1, but it does sound like they have enhanced it so I will be interested to see what it is like now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The will show them when they are ready to. I am in no hurry to see them. Just calm down and do something else for the time being.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  18. matthewbguilford

I certainly think from here up until release we will be seeing a lot more from TSW2. I do like the idea of showing some console screen shots. I have learned over the years to not get excited by screen shots as a console gamer as in this case the screen shots are from the PC version. I always know to temper my expectations in terms of graphics and with TSW2 DTG have been vocal about trying to keep the PC and Console versions on par with each other so I do believe releasing console screen shots along side PC screen shots would be an awesome thing before release!

• Like Like x 1
  19. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I put Bakerloo only because I’m curious as to what it’s like, and it’s UK. Sand Patch second as it will be nice to have a long run. The German route I know next to nothing about so is my 3rd choice. I’ll enjoy all 3 though I’m sure

• Like Like x 4
  20. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

First route Sand Patch. First loco GE AC4400CW. Can't wait to control the 4400 hp and using the impressive horn.

• Like Like x 3
  21. matthewbguilford

So true!

• Like Like x 1
  22. matthewbguilford

I saw the advertisements on the tunnel wall of the Bakerloo line and for some reason it really got me excited. They really did a good job picking the launch routes. We have heavy American freight, high speed German passenger trains and we have the London Underground. There is something for everyone and even though it’s not even out yet but with the Unreal engine upgrades ans adhesion physics let alone the scenario editor, I can’t help but to be excited for future TSW2 routes!

• Like Like x 3
  23. matthewbguilford

Hi! Yes it has been two years lol. I always understood why we didn’t have Sandpatch on console but as DTG got better at optimizations with each route they would release, it felt like something that was possible. I always felt like I was missing out on the full TSW experience because of Sandpatch. It may have took a little while but I couldn’t be happier about it, if we had moved on to TSW2 without Sandpatch I feel like it would have always haunted me. I’m really glad we all get to enjoy it now! That’s one of TSW strengths is that they made it possible for people like me who own a console to have the chance to drive a train and it ended up being a bigger part of my life.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  24. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I think DTG does exactly the right thing with TSW.

They try to treat all players equall. So they try to offer almost the same stuff for console players and PC players. A lot of other game developers could learn a lot of that. I bought a lot of games you felt like a second class gamer, because a lot of stuff or settings were for the PC version only.

• Like Like x 2
  25. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I do think, with caution, that they are probably/hopefully going down the right track (pun intended), however, I hope this time they continue to keep developing this version and start creating a varied catalogue of DLC. There are a wide spread of routes but there are going to be many whose particular interest isn't catered for, that is inevitable, I am one of those. The routes are pretty interesting, they are all different and I will get use out of them all, certainly for a period but none of them made me excited to be honest. I do hope over time they will look at creating a way for other users to develop content whether it is someone wanting to make a timetabled scenario or a home hobbyist wanting to create their favourite train or route.

Having got back into TS1 and the variety it offers, for me it worries me that with less third party involvement, no freeware creators and the inability to create your own comprehensive scenarios or services it is going to become stilted for many, me included. Service mode goes some way but as someone who is a bit of a purist things niggle me, I have several passenger and working timetables and although the NTP timetable is generally a good representation of that route there are services missing and I won't go on about the preponderance of two car class 101's again (well maybe I will). I hope TSW2 doesn't end up only being of interest to casual gamers as I am sure that isn't the intention but there is a danger that is how it could end up developing in the long run.

There is a great community of freeware developers for TS1 from scenario creation to the many routes being built, I can't see these people having more than a passing interest in TSW2 unless some of the "no's" from the recent streams and pronouncements become a "yes" in the future, which I am happy to accept will be at DTG's discretion and own time, I understand their current stance of ruling things out, I guess I hope it is a smoke screen.

Will we ever get the variety on TSW2 we get on TS1? For example I am working on three scenarios at the moment, one set in 1949 in south Devon, one set in the 1970's in North West England and one set in the 2010's on the GWR mainline all using a mixture of DTG published items, other payware and freeware. Will I ever be able to do the same on TSW2? Obviously it won't happen overnight, it has took TS1 twelve years to reach this level and I know that as TSW2 is more complex it will take longer to develop, but I have to say if in five years time we haven't moved on that much I will be disappointed. TSW1 has been out for three years or is it four? I don't think it has developed much, if at all.

I guess for me this is an oddly negative post, but having got back into TS1 again you do start to realise how much the community of both payware and freeware developers has bought so much interest and variety to the sim and I suspect extended it's life, this is just from someone whose main interest is UK routes, there are some countries which wouldn't have any content at all if it wasn't for outside developers. This is to DTG's advantage also, as an average community route will often require two or three from DTG's collection. TS1 has it's flaws but it has so much variety and can, at it's best, look and sound almost as good as TSW. If TSW is to be mainly for those who want to jump in and drive I hope they keep TS1 going or a development of it as for me without the variety that offers I would do very little train simming and therefore spend my money elsewhere.

I just wonder what DTG's real ambition is?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020