The Catch Dose The Price Mean It's Better?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wintersmith81, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Wintersmith81

Wintersmith81 Member

Just trying to work out if the price of gear really makes a difference. For an example

The Haichou EX-Paintball is a 13ft fast action rod priced at 5,000

The Sonik Gravity XT is a 13ft fast action rod and that's priced at 10,000

What's the difference? Why the pay an extra 5,000 for the Sonik over the Haichou?

Same goes for all the other stuff dose price really mean it's better? In what way?

2. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

In practice, the higher prices rod is normally better made and higher quality. What I've found in the game is that the higher prices rods and reels perform better by a small degree. You'll find that you can place your drag higher ( more strain on the fish) and pull harder ( lead the fish). It's not a large difference. But it could mean pulling in an almost 500 lbs boss arapaima or not.

3. Wintersmith81

Wintersmith81 Member

Ok thanks so it's best to just save up for the Sonik then. Shame as I do like the look of the Haichou gear, must be the bright colours haha

4. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Honestly man, the gear really has little impact on the ability to catch anything. Your setup, location & time of day/weather are biggest factors. The gear is really in game for something for you to spend your TP on. I use maybe 6 main line/hook/lure setups on a regular basis to catch 90% of everything. I own & experiment with all the tackle, all the time just to see if something new/different works. It gives you options.
    I find anything over 10ft for rods too sluggish for my taste to play the fish. I mean you can use all the biggest, rods, heavy line & easy mode the game but, it's kinda defeating the purpose of fishing/playing? The price costs of the rod has more to do with the length of the rod( longer=more material=higher price) the reels, are the biggest non factor in game. The specs say they're different but, in game really have zero impact on anything. Tackle is where your money should be spent the wisest because it has the biggest impact on what you'll attract & Catch. Then experiment, use the fish info they provide, target certain species with the kinda gear that zero in on those species diet/behavior/weather/time of day.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wintersmith81

Wintersmith81 Member

Nice so you reckon I just get what ever I like the look/feel of then? Need to do some more research on the fish. Never fished in my life so don't really know anything about fish or fishing haha. Tho I do really enjoy the game

6. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Well, I'll say this; I'd prioritize. The rods & reels would be last in the list because they simply have the least impact. Tackle, baits & lures are the money makers. Players post what works for them here in the forums, use that as a guide. The best money in the game are the monsters at Pearl. To fish there you will want at a minimum; 30/40lb test line, #2 hooks for dead baits. This is what's popular, highly recommended & effective, not required.
    When I first started playing this game, I made all my money in Loch Mickle, Scotland right from the pier, default settings, with the default predator tackle box. Using the default rod/reel/line & lure(strike pro baby buster- blue chrome). Earned enough TP to get 30 & 40 lb test, #2 hooks, dead baits. From there I went to Pearl lake. It takes more time & effort to land the fish but, by far has the highest pay off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alpha Ginger

Alpha Ginger New Member

I know im a little late on a reply but I couldn't agree more with what D3VILDOG said Tackle, baits & Lures are the bread winners. I use all the Sonik rods only bc i needed something to spend my TP on.

8. Wintersmith81

Wintersmith81 Member

I went for all the Nash gear in the end just because I liked the look of it and there rods are fast most of them

• Like Like x 1