Db Br 204: Pzb Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

After carefully studying the latest manual and the cab controls, I still cannot figure out how to set the PZB mode in this engine. The manual states, "Before you enable the [PZB] system, you must first check to ensure you are in the correct mode for your train. ...The mode selection can only be changed from the incabcontrol. Locate the switch and select the appropriate mode." However, no such switch seems to exist in the cab.
    Please advise only if you know what I mean and where the requisite switch is located.

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hi,

I believe setting PZB mode is not supported. There is a box in the train, above the window, that allows you tu turn PZB on or off. This is documented, control numbered 1 at the overview.

PZB mode is mentioned in the manual section on PZB. The literal text is this:

The default state of the PZB system is disabled. Before you
    enable the system, you must first check to ensure you are in
    the correct mode for your train. PZB Mode O is typically used
    for passenger trains with Modes M and U reserved for freight
    services. The mode selection can only be changed from the incab
    control. Locate the switch and select the appropriate mode.
    Note that some trains do not have any control to change the PZB

Mode, such as EMUs. These types of trains are permanently
    locked in the most appropriate PZB Operating Mode for that class
    of train.
    To enable the system you must be seated in the appropriate
    driving seat. Press [Ctrl] + [Numpad Enter] to enable the
    system. Repeat the key press to disable the system again.

I think this is a general text on PZB and not specifically for this loco. It says some engines cannot set PZB mode, so they are not lying, but it is not very clear. Being able to set PZB mode other than U would not mage a lot of sense. The max speed in 100km/h which matches PZB-U.

It would be interesting to hear fro someone that knows this loco from real world if the model conforms to reality. Though I love buttons, I think I can live with this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

The manual is inaccurate (as always). You cannot switch mode in the 204. It was confirmed by (I think) Matt in the release stream.

4. bsrdj

bsrdj Member

todays stream later today Matt should be in the 204

5. LastTrainToClarksville

Usually, I find your comments and advice helpful, but here you've essentially repeated my OP except for your last statement, with which I thoroughly agree.

6. LastTrainToClarksville

Whose manuals are you snarkily describing? RIVET wrote this one, so if you intended to disrespect DTG you missed the mark. I haven't watched the stream you mention, but it seems to me that Matt tends to resort to SWAGs when in doubt.

7. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Calm down, I've not disrespected anyone. I don't know who wrote the manual, but I'm fairly sure that's by DTG with Rivet inputs, considering is identical to the HRR manual (they copied and pasted most parts). That said, we were just helping. There is no button for PZB mode and the manual is inaccurate, as it is for basically all DLCs.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The 204 have only mode 55, because the vMax of this train is 100 KM/H. So thats why you can't change PZB mode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

PZB mode does not depend on the max speed of the train. That loco definetly has all three PZB modes in real and all can be used for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  10. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

It has fixed PZB-U mode, this cannot be changed.

Max loco speed is 100km/h.

PZB-U has brake speed of 55, which is what is depicted on the HUD (if you have it enabled).

PZB switch is located on the black PZB box in the top of the cab. Only on/off.

11. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

If it had all PZB modes. Why do you set the the PZB mode to O if it can only go 100 KM/H?

12. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks, diamonddrep and HuggernautNL. Writers of other threads about PZB and SIFA have stated that these modes should be turned on for a realistic driving experience. I've tried using SIFA already and now perhaps I should experience PZB as well.

13. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

As i said, PZB mode does not lay on the max speed the train is allowed to drive. PZB mode always depends on the BRHs the train has. So when you have >111 BRH then you have to switch to mode O, no matter what speed the train can go, even if it is only 5km/h you have to set PZB mode to O. 66-110 BRH is mode M and below 66 is mode U. If your train is set to brake mode G at any wagon, you need to use mode U.

14. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Gosh! What a surprise - another pointless food fight - how uninteresting....! What's the point of starting a thread if you are just going to have a go at people making a valuable contribution....?

• Like Like x 1