Ts20: Wonders Of The Rockies!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 9, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

Now available, Canadian National’s Yellowhead Pass route for Train Simulator crosses the Rocky Mountains via CN’s wonderous Albreda and Robson Subdivisions!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 4
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Will most likely wait on this one, as I still have a backlog of routes and locos I need to get around to using before buying new content.

3. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

this is very nice route. i like it but warning if you are starting new route using the assets two of the stations jasper and valemount can't not be moved or selected once place. so you have to use ctrl-z to move the stations. and one of the signals head is sticking out of post. but over all cool route.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Download it and have played and enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

I bought it and can't wait to try it out when I get home!

This route also saw VIA Rail's Super Continental until the '90's, and sees VIA Rail's Canadian as of today. While we do have VIA Rail equipment available on RWA, I do hope DTG can get licensing from VIA Rail and then eventually, we'll see more accurate-looking VIA Rail content available on Steam. From the ALCO FPA-4's to the EMD F40PH-2's.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LargeInjector

LargeInjector Active Member

How does it compare with Canadian Mountain Passes. Is it sufficiently different to justify purchase, or is it a variant on Canadian freight through the Rockies?

7. Michael Newbury

It is entirely different from Canadian Mountain Passes, I have so far found it to be worth the money spent.

8. LargeInjector

LargeInjector Active Member

In what ways, please? From the DTG screenshots it looks very similar, apart from the liveries of the trains.

9. Michael Newbury

I have found nothing about this route being the similar this is much further North in the Rocky Mountains, if you a better picture I would suggest you watch the stream from Thursday. That may help get a better picture of what the route really looks like.