North America And Europe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rail Nation, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Rail Nation

Rail Nation Member

I think TSW2 should mostly be about North American train instead of European train like in TSW2020

we only got 9 North American add-ons
    And
    17 European Add-ons

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

If the game was only about North American Railways then it would have to be called North American Train Sim. What I am trying to say is that it is good to have diversity in the form of different routes in different countries\continents and not just have a game focused on a specific country (but there some Train Sims that do this.) Just to end my post off here, It may not appeal to everyone who decides to pick it up and play if it was just based on one continent/country.
    Edit: It could work if DTG released a North American themed bundle for TSW2 (obviously when the game has been released and more routes have been announced).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Having ideas and suggestions is good and fine, but some members here on the forum seem to think, that they are the only ones who play this game.
    You can't just demand content or feature that fits your (and only your!) interests...
    Of course you could have used some misleading words here, but from what I can read, you think a bit too selfish.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking, who is this directed at exactly?

5. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Please forgive me that I don't want to point my fingers towards anyone, but they know... Deep down

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

TSW2020 has both North American and European content and TSW2 will be the same. Variety is the spice of life and maybe we will get some routes from other continents too but TSW2020 was not just European trains.

• Like Like x 5
  7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

tsw2 have uk.usa.europe route:cool:

8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I like the North American stuff, but if anything, they should be looking at making the World part of the title much more than North America, UK and Germany.

• Like Like x 1
  9. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

It's pretty equally. There are nearly the same amount of US routes than UK or German routes. But American routes are *Longer* as well. Let me do some math

Average USA > 44.75 miles
    Average UK > 28.83 miles
    Average Germany > 36.50 miles
    Average Canada > 24.00 miles

So technically TSW2 should not focus on the US. And I'll hope for longer routes in the UK and as i always say a bit more variety as in more countries would be appreciated.

10. Rail Nation

Rail Nation Member

11. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I agree with that. Northamerican content should have 50 percent of the TSW stuff. But there should be one condition. The big part of the American content should be mainline freight. Because that is prototypical vor America. If there is a chance for passenger action on that routes, then it would be nice too. A prolonged and remastered OSD would be a good example. CN and CSX for freight and Go Train, Amtrak and Via Rail for passenger action.

12. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

That's your opinion. And some other countries in Asia or South America or Africa are NOT included at all. So why should the US make up 50% if some other countries are not even included? And why comparing Europe to North America? The UK and Germany are totally different! Btw if you count North America then you've also got the Canadian cargo stuff.

13. docsnyder1911

Because it is like in reality. The northamerican railroads have the biggest length, they have the biggest rolling stock and they play a big role in freight transport in their own country (40 %). Germany and the UK have less than 20 % each. But I consider China, Australia and Russia would be nice. They play a key role in passanger and freight action in their own countries.

It's so hard for me to see which small role the railways play in my country Germany.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t see any way in which it would be reasonable to expect 50% of the content of a British made train simulator to be American. If anything was to be expected it would be that 50% of the content to be from UK, with other countries making up the rest. However, as TSW currently mainly concentrates on three countries, the maximum anyone could reasonably expect for a fair share is 33.3%.

• Like Like x 1
  15. docsnyder1911

To be honest I like the stuff from all 3 areas. And I have no problem that from each one comes a third. I especially like the german safety systems too. On MSB it happend sometimes that the PZB saved me with "Zwangsbremsung" from over shooting an unexpected red signal.

But if I had a choice I would like to see some more american mainline freight action. That locos look so impressive. The maintenance friendly upper body and the impressive horns are so great.

But a DB BR 232 or a Russian double diesel loco would be very nice too.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SaddingtonPlush

SaddingtonPlush Member

When I first looked at TSW I thought I would only buy North American DLC. But I tried one of the UK ones, and enjoyed it, so ended up with most of the UK routes. Same with German DLCs... So while I prefer the North American content, I'm very glad there's variety. We need to keep everyone interested too, it's a global market, and not just the countries covered.

And so it would be nice to have more new routes from outside of the existing countries. I think, for a complete change of scenery, Australia would be good - although Oz trees are so different to Northern Hemisphere trees it might give the art department headaches. Perhaps it wouldn't be appealing to many, I don't know, but there are some fabulous freight/passenger routes with spectacular scenery.

But, anywhere different - Russia? Could be a lot of fun. I believe TSW has a lot of Russian players.

• Like Like x 1