Rapid Transit(underground Stations)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Jul 13, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Rapid transit has 4 stations on it's route that are underground all in a row,but the stations are not really that far apart,just how big is whatever city that is above thoses 4 underground stations?(The 4 stations have the prefix leipzig in there tsw2020 listing so is this the cities offical name?)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The route is in Leipzig. Only those four stations are underground though. It’s not a true subway system.

3. SHINO BAZ

I was just wondering how big the city of leipzig is,since these 4 underground station are not really that far apart.

4. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It is the city center only. The city of Leipzig begins in the north with Leipzig Rachwitz, then Leipzig Messe, then Leipzig Nord, then the tunnel with 4 stations, then Leipzig MDR, Connewitz and then the 4 Markleeberg stations. I think it's around 20 km length.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

According to Wikipedia, Leipzig is the most populous city in Saxony with 600,000 residents. The 8th most populous city in Germany.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Leipzig is big, but not Berlin Big. I would say around the size of Manchester or Newcastle in the UK or possibly smaller.
    Edit: Dingus, I got beaten to it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. SHINO BAZ

Just looked it up,leipzig is 114.90 sq miles and is the 8th largest city in the state of saxony.

• Like Like x 1
  8. docsnyder1911

There is an argument between Leipzig and Dresden (the Saxon capitol) which of both is the largest city in Saxon. :) BTW I like Dresden a bit more. All the classical buildings, the river Elbe and the golden rider (a monument which shows King August the Strong sitting on a horse) and much more.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve never been to Germany, but driving the routes in TSW, it looks to be a beautiful country.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SHINO BAZ

If leipzig had a classic locomotive weekend and would choose a unique locomotive to shuttle passenger on the route.Just think how breath taking it be to see a german crocodile locomotive comning out of one of the leipzig underground tunnels or into a underground station pulling some classic commuter coaches of course.

11. docsnyder1911

It is beautiful like the UK. And I am very happy to live there. Sure it has not the variety in landscape like the USA, China and Russia have. But we have a lot of history and scenic places. It is such impressive if you travel to the south of Bavaria. Around in 70 km distance you can see the white peaks of the Alps mountains. Berlin has a lot of sights too. The Brandenburg Gate, the TV tower, the classicistic street "Unter den Linden". Then there is a Forrest in the middle of Berlin the "Tiergarten" where I saw a fox walking at my last visit there. And a lot more.

But the UK has perhaps much more sights. London and Edinburgh allone. Then Scotland with the highlands.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SHINO BAZ

I would love to have visited Germany and UK and Australia and Japan and Africa by now but just getting a passport here in the US is a major pain in the bum,plus my bank account would look at me and laugh,This kind of travel is not a normal person options if they are not well off to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  13. docsnyder1911

Here in Germany getting the traveling passport is not so expensive. The most cost intensive is the traveling by it self depending of the destinations and the kind of traveling.

Tbh at the moment with the pandemy I prefer virtual traveling. And TSW is very good for that.

14. SHINO BAZ

In the US it's also some what costly but it's the headace inducing paper work that gets me,i have seen collage exams that were not this much of a pain in the @$$.The forms dam near want your entire life story.My would put anyone doing my paper work to sleep,it be boring to them.