Tsw 2 Dutch Route(s)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by raymonversteeg, Jul 13, 2020.

1. raymonversteeg

raymonversteeg New Member

Maybe it will be nice to make a route between amsterdam and Utrecht (around 30km).
    If possible add Utrecht - arnhem with it (around 65 km) then you have nearly the complete line from Amsterdam to Elten Germany (118,6km).
    [​IMG]

Why i think this is a great line?
    Because the landscape is very diverse.
    From the middle of the busy city Amsterdam you get in to the Polders/Farmlands. after passing some little city's you get into the middle of Utrecht. from utrecht to arnhem you have some other city's and some forest. around Veenendaal you got a little siding to Rhenen (this can also be a little route Utrecht - Rhenen)
    But the main thing i like is that the landscape is very diverse and got quiet different traffic.
    You got on this line Slow high speed trains, intercity's, stopper service, Freight.

My train suggestions
    Virm (common intercity on this line)
    [​IMG]

Koploper (a very iconic dutch intercity)
    [​IMG]

Sprinter (for stopper service)
    [​IMG]

NS 1600/1800 (not very common on this line but can be used for freight)
    [​IMG]

There are also some other trains that drive on this piece of track like tome Deutsch DB freight trainc or the ICE but the trains listed above are the most common and iconic ones.

Also a line to schiphol airport will be nice but i think it will be to much.

This is my list of the first dutch train route that should be added to TSW

If you have something to add or any commends feel free to post below
    Sorry if my grammar is not correct in some sentences

sentences

• Like Like x 5
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think Amsterdam-Utrecht is a pretty boring route. Straight, open flat landscape, 4 tracks. It's pretty much GWE all over again...

I think Amsterdam/Schiphol - Amersfoort offers a much better scenery, and still stays within the typical length of DTGs route. I guess another option would be Amsterdam/Schiphol - Lelystad, passing the Oostvaardersplassen, which has been elected as our countries most beautiful railway section.

But we're just a tiny country. I doubt DTG will make a Dutch route. Although their new Köln-Aachen route comes pretty close to our national border. It does give me a spark of hope for any international route, recycling the Aachen area, and making a route crossing either the Dutch or Belgian border. I guess DTG could still reuse some German trains to keep development costs in check, while spending resources in developing assets for a new country.

One can only hope. A Dutch route would be awesome.

3. alexander.s

alexander.s Active Member

Wait until they release the editor. Third Party from Netherlands will make it 100%.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I do hope they won't rely on a huge list of third party content like the Dutch routes made for Train Simulator.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The editor is available to third party developers NOW through the partner program. If someone wants to make a Netherlands route they could be doing so right away. There will probably never be a public release of a full route building editor.

PS - let’s not turn this thread into an editor debate - this was just a response to the post that mentioned it specifically regarding a making a Dutch route.

6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Very good route

7. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

The Koploper certainly has a distinctive snout! Though I would imagine DTG would prefer making something where they can recycle their existing locomotives and assets.

8. geweldigesjem

geweldigesjem New Member

Great idea, I hope DoveTailGames (or any third-partie) will bring it out!

9. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

This would be a great route. A nice addition to the Train Sim World Community.
    Maybe the DB Class 189 could be added as a DLC? Not too sure if they run there but I know they run on the Betuweroute

10. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member