Train Sim World 2 - Scenario Planner

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Drive what you want, where you want with the Scenario Planner!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 10
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Once i create a scenario and play it, would I be told what time I'm due at my next chosen station? Or would it show as 'stop at location'?

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m going to sound like a broken record but this is as good a place as any to put this...

That narrow tall font in the menus on the left hand side of the screenshots in this article is not easy to read and is too small. This will be a bigger problem on lower resolution screens. The text in one of the centre popup screens and the bottom menu bar (using a font similar to TSW current font) is much more readable. Can the narrow font be changed to the readable one in an appropriate size throughout.

Many thanks, all players over 35.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Maybe making it pure white could help. This of course unless there is some sort of "selection" that makes it white as it is now. Font that is now used for the scenario name input could also be used for the station names.

Just trying to expand on this thought.

• Like Like x 2
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Hey DTG Protagonist, don't mean to unnecessarily tag you, however there's a few errors in the Bakerloo Line shot I've seen. With limited time remaining, it seems like a now or never situation.

There's a few things I have noticed in this particular screenshot shown in the article which hopefully can be resolved before final release. This particular shot is took at Harrow and Wealdstone.

Issues:
    - Wrong coloured fences. This is a London Underground station, so the fences should be red. I see these have been recycled from GWE with its purple colour.
    - The OHLE is completely wrong for the WCML. It's clear that these have been recycled from GWE. I'm not expecting it to be fully accurate however portals should really have been used. Not headspans. The below image comparison shows a vast difference between the two.
    - There seems to be a random mishmap of track clips.
    - The pot insulators should be sitting on top of the sleepers, not on its own support on the ballast.
    - There are far too many insulators. One pot should be approximately every four sleepers.
    - The pickup ramps are incorrect, the entire rail should curve, not just the top. There should also be a low-height pot at the end of the ramp.

I appreciate this list may be overwhelming, especially so close to release, however I am hoping some of these things will be resolved before release. Thanks.

[​IMG]

upload_2020-7-17_17-56-25.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I think this is what the 'edit timetable' button is for... which puts me to the next question:
    Are we able to edit the timetable of each service manually or is there some automatism? Matt has been quite clear about the starting times in the stream but what about the departure times at later stops?
    Just curious, my mind's full of scenario ideas already :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good to me, at least for passenger services.

Will it work as well for freight? IIRC, they said we wouldn't be able to create switching services, but will we able to do set-outs/pickups? Or just simple A-B?

Will there be an "asset limit" per custom scenario? Does this limit vary from PC to Console?

Count me as an initial skeptic on this feature, but i'm feeling a little more hopeful atm.

8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

londonmidland Tag acknowledged (unnecessary - I read everything I can, I'd have seen this). However, don't get your hopes up.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  9. Amax

Amax Active Member

LZB est fonctionnel dans db br 182-dosto-db br 156-db br 425 ?

10. palme111100

palme111100 Active Member

First of all, great to see a scenario planner. Now custom services are possible. So, thanks for that.

I understand, it's a simple scenario planner for simple things to see how people get along with it, but at least I think it's a bit underwhelming. To clarify: Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have a scenario planner. But a very very limited one. And that is my problem.
    TSW(2) has so much potential with its feature of walking around. This gives a lot of possibilities in senario design, e.g. let the player start at the station before the main station, get in and go to the main station as a passenger, wait for your train to arrive and then take over. So at this point, for us it won't be possible to design scenarios in a way DTG can with the delivered ones. Also, we can't start the scenario outside the train, e.g. right next to it.
    A thing that bothers me is the lack of the possibility to let AI trains drive into "void"/portals at least for my understanding as you have to set an end station. Logically it's also not possible to have trains come out of void.
    Further it's not possible to set the time of arrival/departure for every station in the timetable.

To sum it up, I wouldn't call it a scenario planner, for me it's some kind of advanced quick drive. The name scenario planner(at least to me) suggests the possibility of making "real" scenarios, just like DTG's. And as I said in the beginning, although - for me - there are features missing, I'm glad we get the option for a custom service.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Don’t forget, it’s very much a work in progress. They indicated it would be expanded upon after launch.

• Like Like x 4
  12. palme111100

I know and as they said on stream, this version of the scenario planner is to see how people can work with it. All I wanted to say was, in this state I would not consider it a scenario planner. But I'm happy we get it and I'm looking forward to the further development of it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It's a great news that we have 6 routes with the scenario planner at launch. That means we can run 14 different locos, emu's, dmu's and cabcars on 6 different routes where we want.

• Like Like x 2
  14. turnipgaming97

turnipgaming97 Member

Will I be able to drive the Class 43 and the Class 166 on any route or will it only be available on the London Paddington to Reading route ??

• Like Like x 1
  15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You can use any train in any route, as long as you select the "off rails" mode. As an example, they put a huge american engine in the Bakerloo line in the Q&A stream last thursday. It looked terrible, but it worked.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

You should be able to, however GWR is not the first route to be added to the preserved collection at launch so may have to wait a while.

• Like Like x 2
  17. RedFate

RedFate New Member

What I want to know is at the very beginning of each scenario, would there be a pop up list of all the stops and platforms, it would help as you could write it down and then turn off all the gui, for a realistic look, so then at least we know if we need to slow down for a switch to a platform.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the crazy scenarios some ppl will create and share on PC (once the file locations are figured out - which won't take long)

No doubt we will see ppl creating much busier scenarios to drive

Is there a hard limit on the amount of AI services you can add to a scenario?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I believe Matt said that you would run out of room on the route before you hit the limit of AI. So basically, no limit.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

There probably will be but they might not bother as different systems will be able to handle more or less trains at the same time. Alternatively, they might implement TS' brute-force method of limiting AI by crashing the game to the desktop when trying to load a scenario with more than 3 AI services.

21. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

So will it be possible to share scenarios?

22. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks Anthony....yes, now you mention it I think I do recall that being said in one of the earlier Q&As. That's good news

Not officially....but they said in the Q&A stream that it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out where they get saved to and then its just a matter of sharing them using external sites / file sharing etc

They are fully anticipating this happening on PC and within short order of TSW2's release

• Like Like x 1
  23. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Until an expanded version is actually released, however, we should assume that the scenario planner as it stands is the final and most complex version it will be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Once it’s added to the preserved collection, the class 52 and class 33 will be fun on Sandpatch. So many fun possibilities whether it’s based in reality or not and I’m glad we can make that decision. Can’t wait to make my own freight services for LIRR and Rapid Transit! Very exciting news and it’s making me count down the days even more!

• Like Like x 2
  25. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

With scenario planner, is it possible to be able to use all 8 platforms at Jamaica Station on LIRR?

• Like Like x 2
  26. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

Maybe sometime in the future you could make that you put your designed service (by Scenario planner) into service (timetable) mode.:)

• Like Like x 2
  27. 2008bmw525d

2008bmw525d Member

Before any plan to have Class 800 and Class 387 on GWE route, it will be great if we can use the class 377 from East Coastway to replace Class 166 on GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Anthony Pecoraro

That will be possible, once GWE is in the preserved collection.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Doomotron

No electrification on GWE, as the catenary is just props. DTG would have to make a new version of the route set in the current day for you to do this, although it would come with the Class 387 so there'd be no point. Knowing DTG, you'll have to wait at least 7 years for that to happen.

30. londonmidland

The new “off the rails/fun mode” in TSW 2 allows you to place whatever you want on whatever route.

The DLC has to be added to the preserved collection first of course.

Though anything realistic, the route will be have to be remade from scratch to natively support electrification.

• Like Like x 4
  31. Doomotron

I'm 95% sure that it does, however, require the correct electrification, as was said in the first Q&A session.

32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You can now use any train on any route whether it has the right power mode or not. Things have moved on since the first stream. They’ve called it ‘off the rails’ mode.

• Like Like x 4
  33. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I wonder if it will be the same for the livery painter, now that would open up some possibilities!

34. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The way I understand it, Off The Rails mode will allow you to put a Class 377 on the GWE route ...but because the route is not electrified, it will not be able to move

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  35. londonmidland

Still need to confirm the finer details with the developers. You can place any X train on Y route. Whether or not it can take power (electric trains) is yet to be answered.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Anthony Pecoraro

They had electric trains on Sandpatch, so yes.

• Like Like x 4
  37. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

There is no restriction on power, but rather on train length. They said the only restriction is if the consist is longer than the allotted marker. The ICE might not be able to substitute for something like a 4 Car 377 service to Lewes because it is too long for that.

Very exciting news regarding the scenario planner. Hopefully we get an extensive amount of paths that we can use and possibly even portal paths to route trains from branch lines as AI. It would be a great idea if more paths could be added post launch, and maybe even as an incentive for Mastery rather than screenshots.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  38. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

I just thought of that and went over to this post but you got there first lol.
    Anyway heres a pic of it.
    Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  39. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I sit corrected :)

• Like Like x 2
  40. palme111100

As of now, looking at the screenshots in the live article and the video in the stream, it seems there are only stations available that are on the route. And as there were now annoucnements on that, I'd say that's a no.;)
    Talking about paths. The question how many paths there are was answered on stream
    (t=3280). The thing is, to what is 7 or 8 reffering. To each kind of service? Or is it the total number. We'll have to see.
    If you'd ask me, I wouldn't want to have more paths, I'd want custom paths, which we don't have the ability to make (t=3204),

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  41. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Let's see how it works first. I think the policy to create a minimal viable product (MVP) first and then see what else is needed most makes sense to me. It makes we get something soon, rather that having to wait for the solution that covers all possible wishes eternally.

(You may want to read something about the scrum approach for developing software. You also can find some excellent information on the MVP concept. I think it is a good step for DTG to adopt these approaches more).

• Like Like x 2
  42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s just been stated on another thread by Protagonist that there may be some TSW DLC that won’t be available in the Preserved Collection so some plans for driving certain locos on certain routes may never actually happen. It’s not confirmed yet and it was not said which DLC it may be, although I can guess which ones it might be, and I’d say it would it make a lot of people very unhappy if it turns out to be the case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

To be honest ive never heard ALL dlcs were going to be updated to TSW usage... Correct me if im wrong

• Like Like x 1
  44. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I believe you are right

45. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The wording on the official site is rather ambiguous: "Your purchased Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons will be available to play in Train Sim World 2"

That could be interpreted as either all routes because if you purchased them, they fall into this category or most routes, because even if 1 of your purchased routes didnt come over, you are still effectively getting purchased routes to play in TSW2 (because unless you only bought csx hh at release and nothing else - you will own more than 1)

Sam has put the notion out there that there may be 1 or 2 routes which won't make the cut, so depending on how popular these routes are, we are going to see alot of unhappy people or maybe only a few. My guesstimate is the cut routes (if it indeed happens) will probably be the most unpopular ones across the board: NEC:NY and/or Rapid Transit

It can also be pointed out that those 2 also received the least amount of love from DTG as they didn't bother updating them with a journey mode, so they could be likely candidates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes is NEC and Rapid Transit route

47. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

All of the DLC's will be available for TSW2 as they become available DTG needs to do updating on the routes for them to work.

• Like Like x 1
  48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That may not be the case now. It is possible that some DLC won’t make it into the preserved collection. There was a post from DTG Protagonist stating this last night.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Well that is a kick in the back side I really hope that is not the case, that will very disappointing if that were to be the case.

• Like Like x 3
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes. After all the good news we’ve been getting about TSW2 lately it would be quite a blow.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.