PlayStation Pzb Learning

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Which is the best route to learn PZB? I’ve read manuals and watched videos and I’m still scared to use it lol.

2. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure there is a best route tbh, PZB is tough to get your head around but if/when you master it and I still make occasional mistake it’s very rewarding and makes German routes the most involving routes to play in my opinion

• Like Like x 4
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

RSN, and try it with that "long" dosto. I forgot what service it was. HHR and PRO/RRO (still don't know how to type is) is also pretty decent.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I agree with the route, but to learn PZB I'd recommend a light freight service. This way you won't be challenged to travel at high speeds, which would be the case if you were driving a passenger train.

• Like Like x 1
  5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

You can also set the AFB to 10 if you want :P

• Like Like x 2
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

RSN with freight as mentioned. The two short routes are PZB heavy and MSB moderately so. I learnt it on RSN

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Been trying PZB on Haupstrecke Rhein Ruhr, without much success. I keep getting my train stopped, not sure why, but clearly need more instruction/guidance.

8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

If you get always the "Zwangsbremsung" at Duisburg or Bochum (depends on terminus) around the middle of the platform, there is a magnet what you need to acknowledge. Im not sure if you also need to reduce your speed to 35 KM/H lower before you going over the magnet. Do it on a clear midday and take a look at the magnets ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TinTin_57

HRR PZB for a beginner I’d say would be one of the hardest to learn it on as it’s high speed and lots of changes. RSN is the one to learn on

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

PZB it would be good if we had a tutorial to follow as i havent a clue what to do. and with LZB coming into the game well this would make it even more confusing. i do know how to operate AFB. i think i heard Sam said he would like tutorials to be made about these safety devices or he would take part in making them

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

It's quite an intimidating system to learn, so I've been sticking to SIFA mostly. I keep meaning to try it out, so I'll have to give RSN a go.

• Like Like x 1
  12. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

PZB is pretty intimidating. But if you got it under your knee you can get no Zwangsbremsung ;)

13. TinTin_57

I played without PZB for months then decided to self teach it watching various sources and reading the manual. For me it gave me a whole new level of playability and routes I had played for a while took on a different experience completely. I can’t now play without it. If I try I find I’m still watching every speed board and signal and acknowledging them even though I don’t have to lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

It’s a completely different game for the better with PZB

• Like Like x 2
  15. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

It makes it also more realistic. until the Zwangsbremsung react ;)

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Do you have to acknowledge a speed reduction warning sign (orange downward pointing triangle) of 100kph? I’m guessing the answer is yes as on HRR on approach to Mulheim Hbf from Essen, I keep getting emergency stopped for no other reason I can think off than failing to acknowledge the 100kph triangle.

17. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Before Essen for example there is a yellow signal, you need to acknowledge that. Acknowledge only yellow signals without a white light.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I am definitely triggering an emergency brake application between Essen and Mullheim (Ruhr) Hbf on route to Duisburg (HRR). I have no yellows, but a few seconds after passing the 10 orange triangle on approach to Mullheim, the emergency brakes apply - even if I acknowledge the speed reduction. Once I move off again, restricted mode isn’t activating. Seems like a bug.

Also between Mullheim (Ruhr) and Duisburg when the speed reduces from 140 to 100 on approach to Duisburg, before I get to the yellow signal, emergency braking is applied. This time though, when moving off, I am placed into restricted mode.

Unless these are bugs, I’m not sure what I am doing wrong :(

19. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

At Duisburg and Bochum is in the middle of the magnet a 500Hz platform. I think you need to drive slower than 25 km/h if you are acknowledging it.

20. TinTin_57

matjamca yes, any yellow triangle board with 100kph or less. Miss one of those you’ll get braked

21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I did acknowledge this board though and still got emergency braked.

Also, how do you release from a 500hz magnet when a signal is red when you pull into a station but then turns green whilst the 500hz magnet is active. Pulling away from the station I get emergency braked even though the signal is now green.

22. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Drive below 25km/h until it goes away. usually a short bit past the signal.

• Like Like x 2
  23. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Are you sure? It feels like it only applies to 90km and below.

24. TinTin_57

Maybe, I've always acknowledged 100 and under and been ok. Officially it could be 90 but I haven't tested that

25. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

Just had to work it out, so for anyone else wondering, RSN is Ruhr-Sieg Nord