Preserved Collection Fully Usable For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jursly, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Obviously, I am very pleased that DTG has seen the light (or some of it)..... But I do want to say this:

THANK YOU to everyone in THE COMMUNITY for keeping up the pressure to help MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN

• Like Like x 7
  2. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

does that mean that the features in tsw2 like adhesion will be in the dlc from tsw 1 ?

3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Unfortunately not.

Adding adhesion physics to preserved locos and routes is actually fairly straightforward, however implementing the correct anti-slip or traction mechanics is "not trivial". That's programmer speak for "really complicated".

At present please assume that none of the preserved collection will include the TSW2 featureset, we'll give a more concrete answer before the game is released.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

thanks for the reply thats answered my question :)

5. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

Definitely think this is a good thing - one of the main selling points for TSW (and also TS) DLC is that it's a "collection" and will be mixable with any new stuff in the future.

The "old" description of TSW kind of broke that assumption (and so sort of reduces the value of any past or present DLC). This change undoes that.

----

I think not having things such as adhesion physics is a reasonable compromise. It'd obviously be nice if it were added but I can't really bring myself to complain to hard about stuff continuing to work as it did before.

• Like Like x 3
  6. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

One thing ive wanted to do is drive the 166 over the pennines, this may now happen... ☺

7. Plastic Pal

That is my understanding from the Q&A, as long as it fits into the maximum consist length set in the Scenario Planner for the allocated paths, and only after the Class 166 and NTP have been "preserved" (or partially converted) into TSW2. The Class 166 should fit into all of the platforms used on NTP (I believe).

I am looking forward to using the Class 40 and Class 47... with AWS switched on.... (a function described in the TSW Class 47 manual as being functional)...... on TVL.... and GWE.... (and ECW)........ and the Class 52, Class 33 and Class 101 on GWE..... etc..... ;-)

I am assuming that all of these combinations are now intended to work - so that all legacy routes (like ECW) allow all legacy rolling stock to be used in QuickDrive mode, in Scenario Planner, as well as the "new" TSW2 routes and locos. The only difference being that legacy locos/routes will not have support for TSW2 coded wheelslip and adhesion mechanics/physics.

If I have misunderstood this in any way (as I believe this is now the common understanding), then I am sure that DTG Protagonist will be urgently seeking to correct me.

I am hoping that the Livery Editor, as a plug-in, will also be available for legacy rolling stock - no word on that yet though.

8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Livery planner will not work on preserved collection. Other than that, your understanding is correct Plastic Pal .

9. Plastic Pal

Brilliant...! Thank You.

This is, for me, the most significant reason to now purchase TSW2 - it totally dwarfs the other good reasons (such as the Bakerloo Line).... and it means that I am now actually tempted to go and buy the routes, and especially locos.... that I have not yet purchased in TSW.

It's a total Game Changer. Literally. ;-)

I might even buy the DB BR 204 - because it will actually be possible to use it.... (for more than five minutes). In the MSB yards.... the TVL yards.... etc..... ;-)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good br204

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

We have been doing this for some time on TSW
    http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2380
    TSW_Peter H_1578234857_00.png
    TSW_Peter H_1581957469_00.png
    TSW_Peter H_1573593669_00.png

Peter

12. Plastic Pal

That's great....! But it's not for me because that website is not behind HTTPS... so there is no way my PC is ever going to visit that website.

Nice pics though....!! ;-)

Oooooh - I am so looking forward to the Scenario Planner implementation.....

• Like Like x 2
  13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Your Loss :D :D :D :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. fanta1682002

EMD CLASS 66

15. Plastic Pal

Not for long.....! ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I will await reports on how well that works before wasting a sh1t load of money on something that is promised but is not delivered

17. Plastic Pal

I am doing exactly the same thing with the Class 89 on TS1.

I am still waiting for that loco to be completed.

Maybe I will pick it up when it is 75% off.

18. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Been away for awhile... it's great news to come back and find that the preserved collection will be fully usable in TSW2!
    Just shows you though, if everyone had simply bowed down and accepted the outcome on the table this would never have happened.
    Well done to all who made a point and got DTG to listen :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Welcome back! You picked a good time to return as we are learning more and more about TSW2 up until it’s released. One thing they have updated us on the preserved collection is that sadly NEC and the Amtrak cab car and Sw1000 can’t be brought over for technical reasons. If I personally had to pick one route and dlc that couldn’t come over it would be those as NEC and the Amtrak dlc is my least favorite of the content. I am going to be so excited to be able take the WSR class 52 on NTP as an example but I’m really excited to be able to do experiments that I find fun and I hope the rest of the community is to. I have my $30 put aside ready for either pre-order or the release of TSW2. I hope you have had to time to check out the other articles of what’s coming!

• Like Like x 2
  20. fanta1682002

yes me too