Deadline To Fix The 155 And The Class 47

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by synthetic.angel, Apr 5, 2020.

1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Not at all, as I suspect it would have been fixed anyway once a few people had reported it, as it there were a few more bug fixes released at the same time if I recall. I was being a little bit sarcastic.

2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

You? Sarcastic? No - surely not....? You have always struck me as being a truly wonderful stand-up fellow, and not prone to do doing horrible things like sarcasm.... !! Maybe you have let yourself down on this occasion. Just goes to show that you are probably mostly human.

As we both know, there is absolutely no way that either the DB BR 155 or the Class 47 were going to get fixed without a push, because all of the bug-reports for both of these locos were rejected for years.... It was not accepted that they were faulty....... because the faults could not be reproduced on PC, when they were checked... on PC.

The Class 47 was fixed two years after release, and the DB BR 155 (or rather, RSN) was fixed a full year after release. If you are suggesting that this is the normal turn-around for bug-fixes to be pushed out "in the next batch" - then that sounds like you have a remarkably low level of expectation for this sort of thing. In which case - if you find bugs that make your life difficult, say when making scenarios in TS1 - then you should now follow your own advice and be quiet about the issues you face, and just be patient.

It would be hypocritical for you to do otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theorganist

I am being patient, I have been battling with the scenario editor for over a decade, I accept it as a way of life.

These OOM on TS1 are actually stopping some people even being able to use the simulator, which is a different matter entirely.

4. Plastic Pal

Well - just be patient with the OOM thing. I am sure that it can be said that DTG are beavering away diligently trying to fix it for you - and the fix might well come in a few years. Just wait. Be patient. If you already think that you are being patient, then why not try being even more patient....? Rome wasn't burned down in a day you know....!

Don't make a fuss. Why keep on going on about it....? I am sure that your issues have been seen. Why do you have to make yourself heard as well? Haven't you heard of the phrase "Be seen and not heard?" Being seen is quite enough thank you.

And anyway - they are probably working on your issues right now, as you are reading this. And the fix will probably come as part of a batch of fixes, some time in the distant future. Can't be sure when. But probably within your lifetime. I mean - you have probably only invested a few hundred pounds into TS1, so it's probably a bit much for you to expect it to work when you want it to. Money is just numbers after all. It's not real.

But I tell you what.... - if you really want...... if you want me to look at the problem that you are facing - and you want me to get it fixed for you.... just let me know. Until then - please keep quiet... and tone down the abusive insults a bit, okay?

Just let me know when you have had enough, and you want it to be fixed.

5. theorganist

They aren't fixing it for me, I haven't got a problem with it apart from it occasionally crashing in the editor, which I have been putting up with for years. For others, they are unable to even use the sim.

I don't want you to do anything for me thank you, if I want anything done I can stand on my own two feet.

As for being abusive, where have I been abusive?

Of course out of us two, one has been banned from a forum and one hasn't so I don't think I need to take advice from yourself on how to conduct myself!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Plastic Pal

You are abusive quite a lot of the time... using words about many forum members like "pathetic", and wrongly accusing them of stuff.... making personal value judgements like calling people "patronising"..... You do it quite a lot - especially when you are losing an argument.

The worst bit... the most ironic bit.... is that the terms you use about others actually quite accurately describe your own behaviour. And this is probably just me... but I am a bit allergic to hypocrisy...... *coughs* *sneezes*

But hey - as I have said - I think that you are probably a great guy... you like trains, so you can't be that bad. It's a bit of a shame that you are not prepared to have a debate and base it on factual information, rather than levelling out your emotionally charged abuse.

Why don't you just try to be nice for a change....? Give it a go, and see what it feels like. Apparently it's really good for the endorphins.

Anyway - I have offered to help you, and you have refused. So, I wish you the best of luck, You are going to need it.....

7. theorganist

You really are unbelievable! I certainly don't need to take lectures from you and I don't need to be patronised by you either!

• Like Like x 3
  8. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

As someone who has been here since April 2019 I can say for a fact Theorganist has made these forums a better place for everyone. He joins in conversations and has always been kind, he speaks his opinion in a positive manner and has been seen helping newer members. Plastic Pal you have only been a member on these forums since May 2020 and you might not agree but he certainly isn’t the bad and mean person as your suggesting. I suggest spending more time listening on these forums instead of talking and targeting others. especially considering your a newer member to our community.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

He’s not new but he’s doing it on purpose for sure

• Like Like x 2
  10. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

This is a weird hill to die on, but then again I don't normally frequent sim based forums....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plastic Pal

Oh dear.... you actually accuse me of targetting people - when you have clearly been trying to analyse my posting history to compare it to people that I haven't even heard of.... I don't even know who that Shadows person is.... That's not just targetting... that's stalking.....! But it's okay - if you want to be obsessed about me - please carry on.... you know - whatever rocks your boat.... :o

Look - I get it - we don't perfectly agree about how accountable DTG should be made for their quite expensive and usually defective products. I think that they should be held to a high standard - you seem to think that they should get a free pass on everything.... "and more understanding from the community on how difficult things are for them to fix things...." (or words to that effect). But you guys don't want to talk about that too deeply.... and when you lose the argument... you both just switch to weird obsessive derailment.....and personal attacks. Which for me is fine - because if I am in any doubt about whether my arguments have any strength - it's exactly that sort of behaviour from you guys that 100% vindicates my position. Every single time.

The insanity of your position (both you and theorganist) is that you are actually disappointed that things like the Class 47 and DB BR 155 got fixed - and you feel that you have to play it down..... And you seem to be disappointed that pressure was applied to DTG by the community to make them allow all TSW DLC locos to be interoperable with all routes..... (QuickDrive).... You both seem to actually hate it when those dreaded "consumers" actually get something worthwhile.... And I find it truly bizarre. I really do.... I always wondered what whether the phrase "cutting your own nose off to spite your face" ever had any real application.... but you guys demonstrate the principle oh so clearly......

But thanks anyway - for your kind advice. I will bear it in mind.

12. theorganist

Last thing from me as I am going to try and avoid you from now on.

Where have I ever given any indication that I was disappointed that bugs were fixed, that is just weird?! As a PC user I didn't even have a problem with the 47 and I don't own the class 155 anyway, talk about a straw man argument.

You are making things up in your head, just like you have created this alter-ego with this new profile. I would also say from the above, it is you engaging in personal attacks!

I just want the best for the community, I only get annoyed when I see baseless rants rather than constructive criticism. I think personally you could have a lot to offer but you just seem to like the sound of your own voice, or fingers on your keyboard.

Anyway I will leave you to it and I will do my best to avoid interacting with you anymore.

13. Plastic Pal

They do not tend to be baseless. That's the point. Nearly always that's the point. Should people rant? Well preferably not... but it never starts as a rant (for anyone). It always starts as a query, then becomes a problem, then an unaddressed problem, then an ignored problem..... then a rant. Then it might get fixed. It would be great if things could get fixed at the query stage.

Maybe DTG could set up a public bug-tracker, which would almost immediately dissolve the angst (if communicated well). Note that I am talking about the topic here - not the personality of the persons involved. And without any personal abuse - the argument stands for itself.

Well, if you are unwilling to see other people's perspectives, and you readily dismiss the concerns of console users because you don't experience console-specific game-breaking bugs on your PC.... then that is probably a very good idea. Because when you open up with an unprovoked personal attack (which you freely admitted to re-starting.... just a few posts upthread with your "sarcasm" - using your description of your own behaviour.....), riding on the back of the weird stalking behaviours of another..... without even addressing the topic at hand.... then I will always defend myself.

I personally don't hold grudges.... so for me these personal issues are always transient... I understand that some people can have a bad day when they lose control. But I do always remember the positives - and on that note, I thank you for inspiring me to buy Riviera in the Fifties, and Weardale.... and for probably being the key person that encouraged me to use steam engines in TS1.... it's been a wonderful revelation - so........ Thank You. I really appreciated your input. But when it comes to your tendency to become a bit abusive - please try and cut that bit out. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  14. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

So this thread still isn't dead yet

15. Plastic Pal

Not quite yet. And we will have to see what happens with the Class 31 Cement Circle scenario... another DLC breaking bug.

16. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh don't get me started with that scenario it has been complained about many times

17. Plastic Pal

Just to double-check.... as you are indicating some lack of satisfaction.... is your lack of satisfaction with:

- DTG: because of the fact the Cement Circle scenario is broken and remains unfixed; or
    - Forum members: because the issue (asking for a fix) has been raised many times.......?

18. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It has been raised many times too many times to count like it has been out for 8 months already unless this is something new

19. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Keep the tone in this thread civil or it will be locked.

20. Plastic Pal

It's something new.

The TVL scenarios were working fine until DTG recently brought out the prep for the Class 20.... When they did that they made some of the AI have "inverted" double-header trains (as the Class 20s face each other).... but they didn't invert the AI driving orientations... so the AI trains could not move... and this now prevents Class 31 scenarios that use the Class 20 as AI from being completed (becasue the AI trains won't trigger the signalling, because they don't run to timetable... because they don't run........).

Something like the above, anyway. It breaks the scenario, and it breaks a trophy that is dependent on the scenario, which it means it breaks the integrity of the Class 31 DLC as a PlayStation Compatible Product. It's quite serious.