Train Sim World 2 And Tsw 2020 Content

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pinxtonpaws, Jul 21, 2020.

1. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Hi.
    I have a physical copy of TSW2020 CE and intend to buy TSW 2 when it also becomes available as a physical copy. My question is: Because the CE extra content is on the disc (there is no product key), in order to 'own' that content the disc must be inserted into the console at all times. With that in mind, how do I insert the TSW 2 disc and it recognise my owned content from TSW 2020?

If it recognises content already installed and allows you to play it in the new game regardless then I could just sell TSW 2020 and keep the game installed - but if it doesn't then I'm a bit stuck because I can't have both discs inserted at the same time.

I'm just curious as to how things work for those who prefer to choose the physical option.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean I had the disc for TSW on xbox & the 2 add ons because I had TSW2018 I have had the NEC & RT on my disc & they show up as purchased items though they were on the disc so I don't think you should worry about it

3. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Think this is probably something the Dovetail reps would have to answer. It might be worth your time to send it up to them to see if they're even tracking this as an issue. Not sure how many players this will affect but, it may not even be on Dovetails radar yet?

4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This is being tracked as something to be solved. I have no more information on the topic other than that it is something we're aware of.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean at this point you have answered our questions which we can't thank you enough for

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I've seen it done with disc versions of Hitman 1 on Xbox One and PS4 (the content was made available as a digital entitlement for use only in the next game). Basically you went in the first game, clicked the legacy pack store link in there (required all content installed from disc to access). Then you got a Microsoft Store link that offered the content for use in the next game at no extra cost. If you had the GOTY edition content installed it gave you a different Microsoft Store link.

Accessing these specific store links outside of the game it would show as unavailable. Anyone that searched for the legacy content manually on the store outside of the game would see a different store legacy pack with a price tag.

Hopefully a similar process can be done for TSW disc versions (TSW, TSW 2020 and the edition variants) but it's something that has to be done carefully as you don't want non-owners getting content for free.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Well the bulk of the CE edition is pretty old anyway so it beats me why they don't just bundle it into TSW2 to give it more appeal. A first time buyer might see three routes sounds as being a bit thin on content for £25, whereas seven or eight sounds an awful lot better. To the best of my knowledge there's no disc version of the game that includes the much newer routes so it's not like they're losing out on stuff that is still worthy of purchase.
    Incidentally, since the last update my TSW can't make up it's mind which version it wants to be and what content it wants to load. So far i've had the founders edition, the deluxe edition and on a good day the collector's edition - and although it's forgetfulness is mildly amusing, it does become a bit of a pain having to uninstall + reinstall chunks of the game each time it throws a wobble..

• Like Like x 1
  8. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Thanks