Train Sim World 2 - Scenario Planner

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Especially to those who were were on the fence about getting TSW2 and when this news came out many changed their minds to yes and now with this it could set those back to maybe or no again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I think we need an answer sooner rather then later

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s true. It won’t affect my decision to buy but for someone who has changed their mind to a yes purely on being able to use a particular route DLC and their loco DLC with scenario planner to then find out soon after that those DLC aren’t going to be preserved after all is going to be a massive let down and you would not blame them for not buying TSW2. I’ll still be disappointed about it as well but not enough to not buy it because that function isn’t the most important thing to me. It is for some people, especially after waiting many years for some kind of quick drive or editor function, to be given some hope and then to have it dashed once again so soon. It’s not good.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Michael Newbury

Yes I agree we need a proper answer sooner than later.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Newbury

Still will not change my mind either looking forward to TSW2, if we want to move forward with new routes we have to get TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

In my opinion, we will see all TSW routes in TSW 2 but not at once. There is a list on the DTG site with schedule of release. Keep calm and don't panic, friends

• Like Like x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Facts and truth strictly on vacation.

8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

YES I SEE

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I think I missed the routes and locos that DTG gave out for free, which did not require a purchase....... ;-)

So all of the current marketing materials give the impression that all routes and all locos will be available in TSW2.

You could reasonably make an exception for the original Sand Patch route (as it would be a duplicate on PC).... but any locos that came with the original Sand Patch should get ported across, along with any additional loco DLCs bought for Sand Patch.... for those PC customers that spent more money (including me).

----------------------------------------
    EDITED TO ADD: Following confirmation below that the GP40-2 won't make it to TSW2 as a TSW DLC in "Your collection".... there is another option.... which would be to re-make the loco for TSW2, and include it for free as a boost to the remastered Sand Patch Grade route. It's just an idea.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I think if what is/isn't included in the preserved collection is a deal-breaker, it would be wise to hold off on purchasing TSW2 until it's made more clear.

If DTG wanted my unsolicited advice- if some routes/locos aren't ever going to make the transition to the preserved collection, better to let the community know sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Quite right. We'll ensure you know as much as possible before the option to buy the game exists.

I've posted this elsewhere, however to make sure nobody is being missed, the two add-ons unlikely to make it into Preserved Collection are NEC and the GP40-2. Everything else is scheduled for conversion.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

GWE is OK then .... just double checking

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  13. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Yes GWE is ok

• Like Like x 2
  14. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Hentis it's no time to celebrate NEC is going to die (A joke)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sad to see NEC go. This had potential.

16. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It had really high potential anything could have gone on that route I mean an HST or the ICE

• Like Like x 2
  17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yep, it did. Then it was released.

• Like Like x 5
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ooh, cruel but accurate :D

• Like Like x 3
  19. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean it is very sad to see NEC go but it had so many bugs & inaccuracies I mean NEC was basically killed off before TSW2 lack of DLC & ,modeling wasn't right & what happened to an acela you call this a NEC with no Acela yeah right but really you could of had a potentially good route but I hope there will be good US routes(which I highly doubt)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Maybe TSW2 will give us a different section of NEC. They are focusing on high speed now...

• Like Like x 4
  21. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean I was thinking about that but maybe this is a possibility

22. Plastic Pal

Sorry - I don't understand how these two ideas ("NEC" and "high speed") are connected to each other........?

• Like Like x 1
  23. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Acela express is a high speed train used on the NEC I have a picture of the acela https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acela_Express

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Plastic Pal

Okay - that did make me laugh..... Even though I actually like NEC.

That said - it is the least played route that I have... and it does have horrible build issues (Like Penn tunnel.... which I discovered at the weekend even breaks if you are complying with a 20 mph SR with ATC on....).... And then there's the freeways above the marshalling yard that have columns and concrete walls in the middle of the road.... because the builders probably did not know that you could free-cam away from the driver's seat to look at their handiwork in detail....

Despite all of that - there is something chilled out about the switcher and the ex-Metro that I really like (but unfortunately these apparently will not go across to TSW2).... But there's something else - NEC was the first route I fired up with TSW - the first train simulator route I had played for over ten years... so the wow factor for me is burned in my memory.... So I will sort of miss it, if I uninstall TSW from my PS4....

• Like Like x 2
  25. Anthony Pecoraro

NEC is America's high speed route.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Plastic Pal

Yeah I know - I was being very slightly cheeky. Actually I saw a great CNBC video just the other week about High Speed trains in the US...:

• Like Like x 1
  27. fanta1682002

thank you

• Like Like x 1
  28. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Why do you think these trains are bad they could have potential but freight trains also run on the line so that is one of the many reasons that there isn't any good high speed train & they can't even make a good subway train anymore & Im not sure if that video is supposed to offend me or something but that video is nice & basically American trains are somewhat really bad

29. Plastic Pal

Oh - no offence meant. The video - I just see it as factual (watch the whole thing - the title doesn't tell you the whole story). CNBC tends to be a reasonably decent news source. The video explains how the NEC infrastructure is limited... and how the oil lobby continues to prevent the USA from getting a High Speed network. There's hope in California and Florida for more high speed rail.

And yes - you are right - mixed traffic lines hold speeds down - same applies in the UK - you need to grade separate for truly high speed rail.... like the TGV network. The problem in the US is not the trains - it's the politics.

30. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

NEC a high speed route nice one lol

• Like Like x 1
  31. Anthony Pecoraro

The Acela reaches 150 mph. So yes.

32. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well I mean they could if Amtrak would upgrade their track's but gateway isn't getting funded so the bridge's are horrible they are almost 120 or 110 year old & they get stuck & the track quality is bad also

33. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more right about the politics I mean this isn't a political discussing but Orange mans administration doesn't want to fund gateway to fix the NEC with the new acela's coming they won't be able to reach top speed (Again not trying to spark a political discussion)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Plastic Pal

150mph would generally fall into the definition of "High Speed" - you are correct.

"Route" however could be contentious.... because it is 150mph for about 30 miles... although that would be ideal for a TSW route length... ;-)

35. Plastic Pal

Oh it goes beyond party politics..... It's an "establishment" issue. Lots of money can be made from oil for a small handful of people. Oil is good. Cars are good. Planes are good. Trains are bad because they can be powered on "not oil".

We had exactly the same thing with Beeching tearing up the UK railways and city tram systems.... to be replaced by car and bus. And in the early 1980s.... the new Government at the time was strongly influenced by a lobby group that literally wanted to take the remaining UK mainlines and cover them with tarmac.... And the one thing they did build was the M25 oribtal motorway..... Thankfully she changed her tune and was very keen to get the Channel Tunnel project going.... and if that did not happen then the UK would still be stuck at 140 mph maximum... or possibly even just 125mph.... ;-O

• Like Like x 1
  36. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well back to the factor of America having a high speed train seems a bit farfetched because of these many many factors that involve other railroads & money & much more

37. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

150 for a long distance ? Nope so what I ( and many others ) call a high speed is around 186 and is segregated so no other different trains that runs on the same line like suburban or regional trains

• Like Like x 1
  38. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

What's gonna happen to the Amtrak SW1000R as that was a DLC for NEC ?

39. Plastic Pal

It has been added to the growing list of things in "Your collection" that you can't take with you to TSW2. And as we know, Train Sim World has always been about your collection. The collection that you can't have, or take with you to TSW2.

But you will be able to buy it again, I suspect.... and make it part of your second collection. Until TSW3 comes along.

40. fanta1682002

have tsw3?

41. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification- much appreciated.

I personally will miss the NEC, as it's the closest to me IRL, and i've ridden on it many times. Also, i really like the urban setting.

That being said, TSW's implementation of NEC was always a bit troubled- bugs/technical issues aside, putting Penn Station in the middle of the route really throws off the pacing IMO. Hopefully if we get a revamped version somewhere down the line, they'll use more natural start-end points (NYP-Trenton/Trenton-Philly/NYP-New Haven, etc).

• Like Like x 3
  42. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

To be honest I myself am not disappointed if NEC doesn’t make it to the preserved collection for technical reasons, we can always play this route on TSW2020, and that holds true even for the content that is coming in the preserved collection. DTG aren’t taking NEC away from us.
    Considering the info we have, I find your post a little “off the rails”. It’s almost as if your trying to further along the “Anti-DTG” agenda with silly talk about your “collection” not coming over just because a few dlc can’t be brought over for technical reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Plastic Pal

Not really. I am trying to emphasise the fact that all of the marketing materials still clearly say that everything is moving over to TSW2...... when that isn't true. They need to fix that ASAP. Not everyone will get to read the occasional post by DTG Protagonist.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/about-trainsimworld#faq-2

Also - I am not anti-DTG. I am extremely pro-DTG. I strongly suspect that DTG has received far more financial support from me than from you. I don't know that for a fact, but I am fairly sure that this is true.

Also - there is no "anti-DTG" agenda. Nobody has such an agenda. Not here. Not unless there are some spies here from the maker of Trainz..... Everyone on these Forums is a fan of TS1 and/or TSW, and therefore appreciates what DTG contributes to their lives, by providing awesome train simulator software.... with a few bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  44. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh now Im a communist but really why are you guys bickering Plastic you said you would avoid people like this at all cost in another thread.(Funfact Im not a communist)

• Like Like x 2
  45. matthewbguilford

A forum member was asking an honest question, when you reply the way you did your not helping anyone. You don’t know the answer yet, you rant on about DTG making us repurchase routes and talking about a TSW3. It certainly doesn’t say that in the marketing materials. They will update everyone when they have a concrete answer, there is no sense in updating the marketing materials until then.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Plastic Pal

Nope. The onus is on DTG to provide clarity. Am I speculating a bit about TSW3? Sure I am. Why not? It's all a bit vague at the moment, with various bits of news coming in that completely contradicts the website for TSW2 - the main portal to all information about TSW2, from all other in-bound links.... everywhere on the internet....

So - I think you are wrong. If DTG now know that the marketing materials are grossly misleading - then they should be changed to reflect the truth, or they should be removed. To help reduce the confusion.

DTG don't have to tell the truth on their main website for their upcoming products - but if they consciously choose to mislead.... then that is a risk that they choose to take. It's a risk that could have been wholly avoided.... if they had tested their build-out before they decided to start marketing it.

47. matthewbguilford

We aren’t sure yet, hopefully they add it to the locomotive collection. Even though the DLC was released for NEC, I don’t see why we couldn’t use it with other routes with the scenario editor. We will have to wait for an official response before we will know though!

48. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Do you count HS1 as high speed then? Just wondering.

PS: If Dovetail is reading this, please don't make HS1 for Train Sim World, unless it has bits other than St Pancras to Ashford. For the same reason, don't make the Channel Tunnel please.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Plastic Pal

50. matthewbguilford

So you would like DTG To change their marketing materials to something they aren’t even 100% sure about? The product isn’t even out and we have only heard a couple posts from Protagonist and none of them are 100% concrete on what exactly. Your talking non-sense. Even if NEC doesn’t come over to TSW2, you really feel like you aren’t getting your collection? You will complain on principle whether or not it effects you, you have stated this and your inability to understand why DTG might not be able to bring over the route compared to your ability to feel so entitled to everything
    because you purchased a game from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.