Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pandyniamb, Jul 19, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

[edit - see next post from me]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

it would be a shame if we lose the GP40 as it could be used on sand patch and oakville. the switcher would be a shame as well. as for the NEC route i will cut my loses on this route as i never liked it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boda09

Boda09 Member

[removed quote as it has been superseded - Protagonist]

Will we have a journey on RT because it is the only one other than NEC that do not have one...?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2020
  4. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

[removed quote as it has been superseded - Protagonist]

Excellent. Thank you. You have also answered my earlier question. I think a Class 33 early hours jaunt at 3.00am through the dreaming spires of Slough is back on the cards....!

Normal extremely high optimism for TSW2 has now been restored (for me anyway). ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gae14

Gae14 Active Member

DTG Protagonist Thank you for your answers. Could you investigate about what will happen to the Metroliner Cab Car DLC, because its consist uses ACS-64s so if NEC does not make it how that will work?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Just speculation on my part, but given they talked a lot on the Sandpatch stream about some of the new services and yard duties, I wonder if the issue with the GP40 is that there is no longer room for the services /scenarios that come with it on the new version of Sandpatch. Other than that it's difficult to see what the issue is unless there is some really weird technical reason.

I really do hope the NEC does make it, I actually quite liked it. It was the first that contained some proper variety and the first that had the freight services joining up with each other, so you did actually felt like you were doing one days work, not just lots of random drives

• Like Like x 2
  7. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It was hardly the first that had proper variety. That was GWE, which was released before NEC, and had High speed, stopping passenger and freight. Thankfully GWE is making the cut.

8. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

IIRC, the GP-40 was the first DLC engine in the game. Makes sense that it requires "remaster" kind of work instead of "convert" work if you know what I mean.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Okay, update first then I'll go back and correct my previous.

The switcher and ACS-64 are not planned to be brought forward, as without NEC their applications are both limited and potentially non-functional.

Please hold any further questions about what is and is not coming, as it's evidently a moving target at present. NEC is the only route not coming and to that end please assume anything associated with NEC will not be in the preserved collection. Obviously it will all continue working with the original Train Sim World.

If there is further information, I'll update again.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ok thank you updated

11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

So it's 100% that NEC is not coming and the devs gave up on it entirely, or are they still trying? Sorry I'm just curious as it's an interesting situation.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jursly

jursly Member

Wouww

13. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean it is really sad but then people won't complain about it but still it was a nice route to me

• Like Like x 2
  15. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

That's fair. I always found it the weakest route of the original trio (mostly because it looked awful on PS4) but I guess it can be enjoyable if you can put up with it. Hopefully now DTG can properly go back to RT at some point and make it slightly better - the level crossings are horrendous.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I hope DTG does learn but about the level crossings those have been popular bugs due to passenger's getting hit by the trains which I found way too real for TSW

• Like Like x 1
  17. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Dear Sam,
    even that message was not so good I am very satisfied with the direction TSW 2 tooks since last week. In the not so far future 14 from the 15 TSW routes with all its rolling stock will be full compatible with TSW 2.

• Like Like x 2
  18. fanta1682002

yes is very good

19. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think this requires some more explanation at some time. One question is, what will happen with the Amttrak switcher? Will the DLC not transferred to TSW2 at all? Will they still be available for at least some time? Or will the be usable with the TSW2 engine, but just not be usable with the scenario planner? And finally, if they remain available at steam, how are you going to inform customers on what you can do with these DLC? So, still e lot of questions. Personally, I can live with this decision. I like the NEC route only half, the shunting part is nice. The mainline activities are just boring and frustrating. It is my least favourite route.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This has already been answered. The switcher is not coming to TSW2 at all. The NEC route and all associated trains will only be available for TSW2020, and customers will know that as it won’t be offered for TSW2 in any way.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Plastic Pal

The current formal position of DTG in their FAQ on the dedicated webpage for the game is:

"Preserved Collection will mean you can bring all your older Add-Ons to Train Sim World 2."

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/about-trainsimworld#faq-18

The full of the section reads:

-------------------------------------------------------
    Will new Add-Ons be released for Train Sim World 2020?
    All Add-Ons released after the launch of Train Sim World 2 work in Train Sim World 2 only. We have to do this in order to take advantage of the new features of the sim. Preserved Collection will mean you can bring all your older Add-Ons to Train Sim World 2.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes we know that it’s not been changed on the website yet but I was offering the latest information provided by DTG (from the CM) to a fellow member on the forum. Your reply is likely to confuse members who are trying to find the latest developments. I know why you have replied like this but it’s not helping members of the forum keep up to date. There is enough confusion around here as it is. I’m trying to help.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

BTW, DTG added the Steam page yesterday and it still does not say anything about NEC not being preserved. It is not just that they do not update old pages, they make new ones with the not up to date, misleading, information. Of course, no mention of it in the Steam discussion forum.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Plastic Pal

All I am trying to do is ask for consistent clarity across the piece, and especially for the message to be correct at definitive sources such as the main webpage for TSW2. Or the same questions and confusion will just keep coming back over and over again.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Plastic Pal

Oh, wow. So maybe they are including NEC and the associated locos after alll.....!

The main page on Steam for the TSW2 game says:

"Your purchased Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons will be available to play in Train Sim World 2."

Surely this might be right....? It agrees with DTG's main web page. In fact - most places seem to say that all locos and routes from TSW will be available in TSW2.

26. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the TSW2 Steam page.

27. fanta1682002

ok thank you

28. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

So, for me it is not clear what we may expect exactly. That's why I asked for clarification. I think it is not our job to make assumptions on the correct answer. Be patient and let's see what Sam has to say about it (or we will just see what is happening).

• Like Like x 1
  29. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Could Sam or someone please at DTG let me know what the timescale is to finish the transfer of all the old TSW routes to TSW2.
    ie: what date will be the last preserved route be available for transfer?

The reason I am asking is because I am running out of disk space and would like to uninstall TSW2020 to free up some space for the transfer of the preserved collection and leave available space for TS2021 as well. If I uninstall the game, I will have to pay for the preserved collection as it won’t recognise their existence on my computer once they are gone!!

I haven’t downloaded anything for over a month apart from a Windows update and I noticed on my C drive properties, that I had lost nearly 40gb of hard drive capacity. I don’t understand why this has happened, but that amount would have seen me through without a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  30. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You can just delete TSW2020 for console But I wouldn't know for PC

31. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

nwp1 Unfortunately we can't give you any dates as to when the last updates will be added.

32. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The attached was posted shortly after release of TSW2, so we should expect by 21st October if this timeline is to be believed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  33. xavpin234

xavpin234 Member

If you have the game via steam and the DLC's too there should be no problem, with recognition if you uninstall the game

• Like Like x 1
  34. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

xavpin234, I bought the heavy haul initial game on disc and have bought all add-ons since via Steam.

35. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lucas that doesn’t sound too long too wait, if this is the case and if not DTG may have a clearer picture by then.