Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I think the Bakerloo Line could get a battery loco (either the older or newer types) as a DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

That would be very much welcome, with a selection of flats.... And a lack of passengers would work quite well with engineering trains running around..... ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  3. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

[​IMG] download.jpg
    Surprised this hasn't been given more attention here... This was posted in another thread, but somehow got overlooked. Obviously this is from a work-in-progress build of the game but still...
    What first struck out is that LZB in the top left of the screen...Is that a conformation that it's going to be in TSW2?
    We can see some changes in the HUD, which at least in this picture doesn't look that different from the current one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

1.PNG
    2.PNG
    Here are statements from Sam about that leak. Take from it what you will.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

That and his forum post here only say that the look of the UI has changed. Doesn't change the fact that this seems to include LZB, which is great!

Also, judging by the speedometer, this is actually while driving a Talent 2

• Like Like x 3
  6. MrAsieru

MrAsieru New Member

I dont think that it's a Talent 2, while the speedometer shows a maximum speed of 160km/h the train is also using PZB mode U (55). So I think the loco used is the BR 146.

• Like Like x 1
  7. raildan

But that isn't an option, though, right? TSW locos aren't usable in TSW2, and the only 2 trains available on the route are the Talent 2 and ICE 3M.

Perhaps they only had PZB mode U on for testing purposes, just to make sure the whole of the PZB system works.

The other, less likely but more optimistic idea is that they're adding a BR 185... it's just that the works to port it into TSW2 aren't finished enough yet to show it and they're focusing on the ICE. But that seems unlikely tbh

• Like Like x 1
  8. flyingpaul

flyingpaul Member

On the right side of the screenshot you can see the 185, possibly the MRCE 185 from RRO. But I don't know if the picture is taken from the preserved collection or if the screenshot is taken on the new route.

• Like Like x 3
  9. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

RRO is 42 kilometers long. However, the objective on the screenshot shows 52 kilometres. You can't use the MRCE 185 on any other route than RRO, IIRC.

• Like Like x 3
  10. raildan

Oh WOW you're right! Well then, it looks like the BR 185 is... a bit more likely

Also I highly doubt they'd retroactively add LZB to the preserved collection where no routes actually need it

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. raildan

Here's a brightened version of the screenshot... I guess the next step in proving it isn't a preserved collection screenshot is trying to find this location, in either RRO or the new Köln-Aachen route.

I don't have RRO, and of course I don't have the new route lol, but I guess I know what I'll be doing in Google Earth now

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The author of the screenshot was probably testing the 185 to see what is going to happen.

In the ideal world, it would mean they are trying to update the current stock to the new standard after the feedback, eventually merging the "Preserved content" into the current version. But I don't think that's very likely at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  13. raildan

Yeah, that might just prove too complicated, and the comments from Sam suggest that it's an older screenshot, and thus not likely a response to recent community feedback.

But... it is interesting to note that they are focusing a LOT so far on the ICE, with the Talent 2 only appearing in the background in a couple screenshots and being mentioned only in one sentence. Of course, the ICE is the flagship of the route by far, but... makes you wonder if the rolling stock is still work-in-progress, a bit?

After all, this would bring the route up to 3 driving cabs, which is pretty standard, and even give a second freight experience to use the adhesion system.

But... yeah, sadly, this, too, is optimistic. It was likely just a one-off test earlier in development.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The only place from RRO this reminds me of are the tracks around Wuppertal-Steinbeck. But that is the endpoint of freight services, the route does not continue in the direction of the marker.
    Plus from one end to the other, the marker shows something like 27 kilometers, there is no way to get 52 from RRO.

Could it be from RSN? Hagen area? That would be the only route long enough in the current collection.

But most likely it's from the new route, somewhere around Cologne or Aachen.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

For exclusion this in not the RRO route but this specific train (in current TSW DLCs) run only on RRO (intermodal freight/cargo).
    So, I suppose this is the new German route or as alternative the 185MRCE+Intermodal Cargo wagons along the RSN in a freight area like Finnentrop or Hagen (more Finnentrop -> than <- Hagen). Also if the locomotive, if it lead the train, is on the wrong track...

And if I can speculate a bit, maybe DTG will give us this extra "freight over Köln-Aachen" like Deluxe version of TSW2 at date launch. :D

• Like Like x 3
  16. raildan

I think I've found it on the new route. Small yard just east of Stolberg (Rheinl) Hbf. On the new route. Not 100% sure, but... looks kinda like it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.799535,6.2283448,214a,35y,225h,55.9t/data=!3m1!1e3

Best part is that about 52 km away is a really logical endpoint for freight, where it would stop at a signal and an AI would take it off the map at a junction near Koln.

[​IMG]
    leaked_location.png
    annotated_leaked_image.png
    annotated_leaked_location.png

(My mspaint skills are remarkable, aren't they :P I'm already annoyed realizing the font on the first one is too small)

• Like Like x 13
  17. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hmm, ur all on to something here. Maybe DTG will bring us freight services on the new Köln-Aachen route, so it won’t be so passenger focused. I can say maybe they’ll try to transport the BR 185.5 as dlc for TSW 2, with the new adhesion and other features. If there is freight on the new route then most likely it’ll be future dlc. Besides, DTG will show us their release roadmap for the first time.;)

Also...

[secretive dev work?]: anyone noticed those yellow BP gauges? New color for UI?:D That HUD showcasing next signal/speed limit, was slightly modified. Objective HUD: I personally like TSW 2020’s version more, unless this is a type of “beta” or pre-production phase, I suggest DTG to try something else. Edit: side notes: “reflection whatever else is said, needs to be rebuilt (1 unbuilt). Lighting (66 unbuilt units). Maybe I was right! A Preproduction teaser-of-the-new-TSW2-HUD screenshot! Maybe DTG is gonna work a little more on it? I hope so, that HUD looks kinda, lame. Regarding DTG’s statement of “completely rebuilt new menus, UI, and HUDs, hmm, doesn’t look so “rebuilt” to me. Besides the new yellow gauges, that zigzag line beside the next signal HUD, objective HUD (I’m just gonna call it that), TSW clock, timetable “time”, the time ur supposed to arrive at x location, everything else is still...old. Give us something new DTG! Unless it is a pre-production phase screenshot, I would like a completely refreshed menu and UI, far from what TSW 2020 did!

• Like Like x 1
  18. raildan

I highly doubt they'd sell the BR 185 as a loco DLC, considering how the community would go completely insane on having to buy a train they already owned. Yes, again, DTG is bad etc., but I don't think they'd go that far.

Again, IMO the most likely thing here is either they're trying to surprise us with it being part of the base route or this was a one-off test for development purposes, establishing that TSW1 DLC couldn't be ported over to TSW2 routes easily.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Protagonist did say that this screenshot is legit but was in heavy development and won’t look like that when tsw 2 is released

• Like Like x 2
  20. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Yes, that's true.
    So I'll correct my previous shot.

The loco on the "leaked" image its not a DB BR 185 but a DB BR 189. Lol :D
    *the first add-on for new route like the GP40-2 on TSW for a special price* br189db.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Where did that screenshot come from? Was it in an article somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
  22. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It was a leak.

• Like Like x 2
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Leaked to where? Facebook, twitter, bbc news?

• Like Like x 1
  24. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The Steam forums I believe, although it's now been deleted from there as well.

• Like Like x 2
  25. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

at least i hope it comes with the 204 diesel (from rivet games) upgraded as a "freight pack"...

(just speculating over speculations)

• Like Like x 3
  26. raildan

Nope, it's not a BR 189, you can clearly see "185" on the side.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  27. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Thanks to you I realized that I need an eye examination. With difficulty I can distinguish a train on the right ... but you also see the number. Well! That is, no, not at all! :D

• Like Like x 1
  28. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

The route of this screenshot could also be Main-Spessart Bahn, which is 52 km long, although I'm hopeful this is indeed the new Koln to Aachen route.

• Like Like x 1
  29. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well, I hope they at least give us some freight services for the route! Even if it’s not the 185 but still, I want freight! Maybe they’ll be able to find a way to “port” the 185.5 to TSW 2 for the new Köln route, and offer it free for those who own it and at a regular loco dlc price for those who don’t. Personally I would like a reduced price (doesn’t anyone?) if they end up releasing it alongside TSW 2 like how DTG did with Peninsula Corridor, either as a “deluxe edition” or, another dlc, as a “limited time offer”, but that would most likely, not happen. If we do end up getting another loco for freight dlc (with wagons of course!) for the Köln Route, then, maybe it’s best they don’t do the 185.5 again, much less the BR 204, for those who already own it, but have them try something new, shouldn’t they?

• Like Like x 1
  30. raildan

Well, clearly they've been working on the 185, considering the leaked screenahot shows ot on the route :p

I think either that was an early test that just proved to them that TSW1 trains can't easily run on TSW2 lines, OR the 185 IS being upgraded and will come with the base route, they just haven't mentioned it yet because it's unfinished or a surprise or something.

I'm being pessimistic and assuming the former is true for now, but either way they at least tried to make the 185 work

• Like Like x 3
  31. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The community might own it but of course new players won't own it, maybe it might be the first loco DLC for the new route. If they have got the TSW1 BR185 to work in TSW2 then if you have it as part of the preserved collection then presumably you wouldn't be expected to purchase it again, obviously you would have to purchase it if you don't own it.

• Like Like x 1
  32. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't expect to have to buy it again, if you already own it, but I'm learning not to take anything for granted where DTG are concerned.

• Like Like x 5
  33. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

We have recently learned that the NEC and its DLC will most likely not be converted into the preserved collection. But LIRR is coming, so there will be a big part of Penn Station and Sunnyside Yard available with nothing to put on it.

I wonder if that suggests that a bigger part of NEC or part of New York will be remade and released as a new route for TSW2. (Dare I hope that it combines with an updated LIRR??)

Reasons for:
    • It's been more than a year since the last U.S. route. So hopefully they have been working on something big all this time.
    • They said this year they are focusing on "high speed." The only candidate in the U.S. is the Acela.
    • There is a new Acela coming out in real life soon.
    • Amtrak seems to like working with them.
    • They obviously have all the work done on Amfleets and ACS-64s. At minimum they would make nice-looking AI trains.
    • The cab car and switcher actually get more use on other parts of the Amtrak network than they do in New York. So they could easily be repurposed.
    Reasons against:
    • They might think people are tired of the Northeast region.
    • NEC had its share of issues, some of which might not be easily solved when the team is busy on Bakerloo, Koln-Aachen, etc.
    • They might think Canada and the redone Sand Patch is "close enough" to a new U.S. route to count for 2020.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  34. PinkDude17

PinkDude17 New Member

DLC 21 and 22 were updated recently. (Steam DB) Does anyone know what/why that was?

• Like Like x 2
  35. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

is tsw2 dlc

• Like Like x 1
  36. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

just speculation but the signal is green on the wcml side of the railway.
    Adhesion03_logo.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  37. jursly

jursly Member

So in today’s livestream they say NEC will not come to TSW2 and that will be a new amtrak route in the future of TSW2

• Like Like x 3
  38. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Interesting. Although perhaps this is automatic as I'm sure in GWE the adjacent underground lines permanently had orange/green signals illuminated?

• Like Like x 2
  39. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

An Amtrak route would be nice. And if there would be an additional freight operator like CSX or NS it would be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Did they actually confirm that?

41. jursly

jursly Member

Go to 37:05 min in to the livestream and you will hear “ the will be a amtrak route in the future but we not talking about future plans

• Like Like x 1
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

He said, more than likely. It was not confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Sam did say in today's stream that NEC will not be coming to TSW2, that there would answers as to why in their next stream.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  44. Anthony Pecoraro

I know.

45. fanta1682002

is?

46. Plastic Pal

Your instincts on this are right - Sam said it in a purely speculative way. He also said that there was a sporadic chance to see routes in France, Holland, Italy, india and Africa. And the North Pole. He absolutely did not confirm that an Amtrak route was being made at this time.

DTG tend to very clearly announce confirmed routes a few weeks before release. So a speculative discussion in a stream must be put in context - as being a speculative discussion in a stream. I would go further - if a specific route or operator is mentioned in this speculative fashion.... then you can probably rule it out for any release in the near future (because otherwise it would ruin the surprise).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Now.... don't shoot the messenger.... ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  47. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

For clarity:
    1. NEC and its associated locos are 100% not part of the preserved collection.
    2. Any talk of routes beyond the launch of TSW2 is entirely speculative. You'll know which routes are coming up when we announce them.

The live streams are conversational in nature and the chat varies quite a lot. What you won't find on one of those streams is a massive announcement about an upcoming route that hasn't been mentioned before (unless it's in a sneaky trailer drop at the end or something).

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  48. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. If the information is not already there you should probably update the FAQs adding a footnote or similar about this.

• Like Like x 3
  49. fanta1682002

ok thank you updated

50. Plastic Pal

I would agree with you, but DTG have decided to continue with the risky and fairly unreasonable approach of having conflicting information in the Forums and in the FAQs, which is the main end point for all in-bound links. The FAQ currently says:

-------------------------------------------------------
    Will new Add-Ons be released for Train Sim World 2020?
    All Add-Ons released after the launch of Train Sim World 2 work in Train Sim World 2 only. We have to do this in order to take advantage of the new features of the sim. Preserved Collection will mean you can bring all your older Add-Ons to Train Sim World 2.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Let's just repeat it again:
    "Preserved Collection will mean you can bring all your older Add-Ons to Train Sim World 2."

The specific phrase used would be parsed by most English speakers as a definition. It is located on the main webpage for the game, and it is dealt with as an answer to a FAQ, giving it added emphasis as being "a definitive answer to something that people are concerned or confused about". As such - this formal marketing takes very clear precedence over anything that a Community Manager of a Forum might say (no disrespect meant to Sam on this - it's just reality).

I therefore read the current formal position of DTG as "Preserved Collection will mean you can bring all your older Add-Ons to Train Sim World 2."

As long as the above text remains - then customers must assume that this is the formal position of DTG:

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/about-trainsimworld#faq-18

If it isn't possible to get clearance from the Marketing Department to amend the above webpage, then there really is something very very wrong with the way QA, Production and Marketing interact with each other within DTG.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6