Announcements, And Departure Boards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pandyniamb, Jul 22, 2020.

?
  1. Yes!

77.4%
  2. No.

12.9%
  3. I'd want departure boards only.

6.5%
  4. I'd want on-board train announcements only.

3.2%
  1. pandyniamb

pandyniamb New Member

It would be GREAT to get announcments and working departure boards! I know departure boards could be kinda hard to create, but these are the detail that really create an immersive experience with the game. On-board train announcements ( next station, the station we are currently at, train being late ) would help with creating an immersive experience, too! I don't know much about creating games, but it sounds much easier to do, than departure boards. You would only need someone to record these, or even use an Ivona text reader.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I don't think this is as big priority as you think it should be. There's better things they could be spending development time on.

Also this is the TS community - the pedants will kick off unless they have the exact voice actors and the exact speaker distortion for each train and station.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

I disagree. Anything that improves immersion is important. Nothing ruins a good route like sterile lifeless environments.

• Like Like x 3
  4. fabdiva

In that case fix the passengers to be less zombie line, many add some background chatter in the passenger cabins and on stations, stuff like that.

Thing with announcements is how do you implement them, and with players able to create their own scenarios how does an announcement system react to that. If new routes are added does all the stock need it's announcement's updated for the new stations? It's probably easy to implement in something like WoS (Single route and Standard service pattern) or Densa De Go (fixed services - no user editing possible) - If you build announcements into the route package then you'll get complaints when a train from another route uses the wrong voice.

I know announcement enthusiasts are a thing, but it's one of those things that is more difficult to implement if you want players to be able to create scenarios etc.

And of course that's without the Japanese Eki-melodies. Good luck getting some of those licensed!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think it would be cool to have announcements and destination boards. How does OpenBVE which is a 15 year old game have announcements but a game in 2020 can't. It's not hard to put announcements in OpenBVE so I wouldn't think it's hard to put it in tsw2 for the timetable mode at least. If it's a Sim then announcements and destination boards would improve the immersion of the Sim. Hell bus simulator has bus announcements and you make custom routes in that game so why can't tsw.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

How does a game like roblox have announcements in it's game when it's low quality we may never know

7. tallboy7648

DTG should really implement in train announcements for future routes because they really got no excuses especially with all the money they make

8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

If a Roblox train simulation can do it, DTG can do it too :)

9. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I thought this was a train sim

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

100% absolutely yes. I'm basically happy with everything else as it is more or less, feel the passenger boards and some station announcements would add more immersion

• Like Like x 2
  11. tallboy7648

This is a train Sim and announcements would improve immersion of the game
    It's supposed to be a sim but It doesn't feel like a sim. Who knew adhesion was so revolutionary. Hell it was in World Of Subways 4 when it snowed. Announcements would improve the immersion of the game

• Like Like x 1
  12. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

100%. Chatter in the stations and passenger cars would be brilliant. I do like that there is general announcements at stations, but a bit of background chatter, maybe guard whistles at the bigger ones would go a long way.

13. tallboy7648

The announcements in certain routes sound muffled and they're just copy pasted from one route to the next. Example the announcements for East Coastway are the same from Great Western Express and the Announcements for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Rhur come from Rhein Rhur Osten. Not a whole lot of creativity

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes. A guard whistle when you’re due to leave would be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fabdiva

East Coastway and GWE having the same announcements is expected, most stations in England now use the same system and voice. Some lower cost installations (ie small halts or anything 'upgraded' by Abellio) use Text to Speech and a small LCD display on the help point but the majority now use an Atos system.

16. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

PIS are working on the bakerloo line and the door mirrors work aswell on bakerloo line

• Like Like x 1
  17. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Mirrors are working half.

18. tallboy7648

They don't fully work. If they did it would hurt performance

19. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

They should add the PAssenger Information System too TSW 2020 passenger train dlc when they update them to the TSW 2 preserved collection.

20. tallboy7648

As well as in train announcements. I mean if the game is delayed, it should've gave dtg ample time to put announcements for the Bakerloo line at least and then do it for other routes as time goes on

• Like Like x 1
  21. pandyniamb

pandyniamb New Member

Well... We got departure boards on Bakerloo Line.

22. tallboy7648

Hopefully we get more of that for other routes including preserved collection as time goes on.

23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2