PlayStation Nec Ex-metroliner Final Service

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bkulesza, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

Has anyone gotten this to work? I know it's bugged & puts you, supposedly on the wrong track.
    Has anyone got a work-around?

2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I might take a look at this, as it seems a bit unusual (and therefore potentially interesting).

Just to confirm - you are talking about the last listed service in Timetable mode......?

3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh yes you have to spawn at new york penn at 21:45 then cross over the tracks & hop into the train then keep the doors open then you complete the task but return to free roam then you could do the service completely fine I found this out even though I needed this info a year ago

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

Yes, the last one. I can't get it to move..

5. Plastic Pal

You can get it to move, if you do the following:

1. Open the doors on the wrong side, to load the passengers.
    2. Head over to the loco and cut-out both of the driving positions (I think this is needed)
    3. Return to the cab-car, check that it is cut-in, and close the MCB
    4. Close the external driver's door behind you (or the loco will lock-out the traction)
    5. Close the passenger doors on the wrong side.
    6. Wait for departure time (if there is still time to wait)
    7. Put the reverser into forward.
    8. Release the brakes.
    9. Maybe flick the reverser back into key-out and back to forward to clear the pipe.
    10. Apply a very small amount of power - do not go above 2mph, and shut the power off.....

You will then find yourself slowly coasting towards a red light about 100m in front of you. Your brakes will only appear to work in the emergency setting, so to stop you will have to ram them on. You cannot proceed any further because there is a train in front of you on the reversible line - pointing towards you. Then another train will get snarled up just ahead of you on the other tunnel track.

You could say that this service is a bit broken. This service is bugged, and should be fixed. It is not functioning as intended - the schedule and signalling set-up is incorrectly initialised for this module. Had the module been tested, then the bug would have been found within two minutes of starting the test.

The NEC DLC will still be made available for sale on PC and XBox for TSW, even after TSW2 is launched - so this bug should be fixed, as it breaks the game, and can't be completed. Thankfully no trophy is dependent on this service.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Did you guys read my advice

7. Plastic Pal

I did. I have a question.... If you spawn in.... and follow your process..... does the service get "ticked" as complete in Timetable mode? I don't think that it does.... (but yes, I can imagine the scheduler would work fine, so that you can use the train).

When I had a go at the service, I tried to debug the service, as normally selected from Timetable mode - to see how bad it was, or if there was a workaround (that ticked the box)..

8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It does work,in another thread about this service someone said to do this & it does work.It took me 1 year too complete this service so this does actually work

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

If this is the one I’m thinking of, the details of why things get stuck in front of you, locking up the junction are hazy as it was so long ago, but my workaround was as follows: I spawned into Newark Penn in time to take over one of the trains that gets stuck in front of you. I then drove that into Penn station and without even finishing the job, just hopped out, commandeered the cab car and confirmed I wanted to start this service instead and it worked fine, nothing was stuck, timetable mode got its tick, happy days.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I think I know which service you're talking about the ACS-64 service that pulls into penn station southbound.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plastic Pal

Oh wow - I didn't realise that you got the tick.... so kylel2036 is right. Well thank you guys - that's something completely new that I have learned today - which might well come in useful at some point. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I can't believe I didn't think of spawning. I guess it really has been a long time since I had to do that. There was a service on LIRR you had to spawn a few stations out from the service start.

There was one issue, at the start & the end, where I had to manually close all the doors on the right side. Other than that everything was smooth.

Thank you all for the help! You really put me on the right track - hahaha!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yep I don't know why you would have to close the doors manually

14. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I could open and close the left as normal, but the right just wouldn't do any of them, I had to do them all one by one.

15. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

The final service is not the only one that's causing trouble. The service at 10:48 gets stalled at the second signal for ~10 minutes because a train that's ready for departure 4 minutes later than ours has a green signal far too early. When you finally get your green you've lost all chances to arrive at Newark Penn in time ...