Tsw 2 London Underground.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mkdog45, Jul 23, 2020.

?
  1. Bakerloo

20 vote(s)
    12.8%
  2. Central

23 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Circle

65 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. District

26 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Hammersmith and City

14 vote(s)
    9.0%
  6. Jubilee

19 vote(s)
    12.2%
  7. Metropolitan

25 vote(s)
    16.0%
  8. Northern

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  9. Picadilly

31 vote(s)
    19.9%
  10. Victoria

26 vote(s)
    16.7%
  11. Waterloo and City

40 vote(s)
    25.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

If TSW 2 did not announce the Bakerloo Line, what line would you want the Underground to be?

The Bakerloo line is a London Underground line that runs between Harrow & Wealdstone in suburban north-west London and Elephant & Castle in south London, via the West End. Coloured brown on the Tube map, it serves 25 stations, of which 15 are below ground, over 14.4 miles (23.2 km). It runs partly on the surface and partly at deep level.

The Central line is a London Underground line that runs through central London, from Epping, Essex, in the north-east to Ealing Broadway and West Ruislip in the west. Coloured red on the Tube map, the line serves 49 stations over 46 miles (74 km). It is one of only two lines on the Underground network to cross the Greater London boundary, the other being the Metropolitan. One of London's deep-level railways, Central line trains are smaller than those on British main lines.

The Circle line is a London Underground line in a spiralling shape, running from Hammersmith in the west to Edgware Road and then looping around central London back to Edgware Road. The railway is below ground in the central section and on the loop east of Paddington. Unlike London's deep-level lines, the Circle line tunnels are just below the surface and are of similar size to those on British main lines. Coloured yellow on the Tube map, the 17-mile (27 km) line serves 36 stations, including most of London's main line termini. Almost all of the route, and all the stations, are shared with one or more of the three other sub-surface lines, namely the District, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan line.

The District line is a London Underground line that runs from Upminster in the east to Earl's Court in west London, where it splits into a number of branches. One branch runs to Wimbledon in south-west London and one runs north to Edgware Road. A short branch said to be weekends only runs for one stop to Kensington (Olympia), although in fact there are some very limited weekday services, two in the evening out and a number of early morning journeys which commence out of service from Lillie Bridge Depot. The main route continues west from Earl's Court to Turnham Green after which it divides again into two western branches, to Richmond and Ealing Boardway. Coloured green on the Tube map, the line serves 60 stations over 40 miles (64 km). It is the only Underground line to use a bridge to traverse the River Thames, crossing on both the Wimbledon and Richmond branches.

The Hammersmith & City line is a London Underground line that runs between Hammersmith in west London and Barking in East London. Coloured pink on the Tube map, it serves 29 stations over 15.8 miles (25.5 km). Between Farringdon and Aldgate East it skirts the City of London, the capital's financial heart, hence the line's name. Its tunnels are just below the surface and are a similar size to those on British main lines.

The Jubilee line is a London Underground line that runs between Stratford in east London and Stanmore in the suburban north-west, via the Docklands, South Bank and West End. Opened in 1979, it is the newest line on the network, although some sections of track date back to 1932 and some stations to 1879. Coloured silver on the Tube map and has 27 stations.

The Metropolitan line, colloquially known as the Met, is a London Underground line between Aldgate in the City of London and Amersham and Chesham in Buckinghamshire, with branches to Watford in Hertfordshire and Uxbridge in Hillingdon. Coloured magenta on the Tube map, the line is 41.4 miles (66.7 km) in length and serves 34 stations. Between Aldgate and Finchley Road the track is mostly in shallow "cut and cover" tunnels, apart from short sections at Barbican and Farringdon stations. The rest of the line is above ground, with a loading gauge of a similar size to those on main lines. Just under 67 million passenger journeys were made on the line in 2011/12.

The Northern line is a London Underground line that runs from south-west to north-west London, with two branches through central London and three in north London. It runs northwards from its southern terminus at Morden in the borough of Merton to Kennington in Southwark, where it divides into two central branches, one via Charing Cross in the West End and the other via Bank in the City. The central branches re-join at Camden Town where the line again divides into two branches, one to High Barnet and the other to Edgware in the borough of Barnet. The High Barnet branch has an additional single-station spur at Finchley Central with a shuttle train to Mill Hill East. For most of its length it is a deep-level tube line. There are 50 stations in total on the line, of which 36 have platforms below ground.

The Piccadilly line is a London Underground line that runs between Cockfosters in suburban north London and Acton Town in the west, where it divides into two branches: one of these runs to Heathrow Airport and the other to Uxbridge in northwest London, with some services terminating at Rayners Lane. Coloured dark blue on the Tube map, it is the fourth-busiest line on the Underground network with over 210 million passenger journeys in 2011/12. It has 53 station.

The Victoria line is a London Underground line that runs between Brixton in south London and Walthamstow Central in the north-east, via the West End. It is coloured light blue on the Tube map and is one of the only two lines on the network to run completely underground, the other being the Waterloo & City line. The Victoria line is operated using automatic train operation, but all trains still carry drivers. It has 16 stations.

The Waterloo & City line, colloquially known as The Drain, is a London Underground shuttle line that runs between Waterloo and Bank with no intermediate stops. Its primary traffic consists of commuters from south-west London, Surrey and Hampshire arriving at Waterloo main line station and travelling forward to the City of London financial district, and for this reason the line is normally closed on Sundays. Coloured turquoise on the Tube map, it is by far the shortest line on the Underground network, being 2.37 km (1.47 miles) long, with an end-to-end journey lasting just four minutes.

B.JPG c.JPG CE.JPG D.JPG HC.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mkdog45

3. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

One that isn't ATO - so that rules out everything but the Bakerloo, Waterloo and City and Picc

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mkdog45

WC.JPG 66aa37b0010320b56235876828f39246.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

First vote is in and so far it’s 100% bakerloo :D

6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I wonder if the people that choosed the bakerloo line read the whole entire thread

• Like Like x 2
  7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

8. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

At the moment the 4 line modernization isn't completely done which would give all the "cut and cover" lines a chance for TSW. I cast my vote for the circle, H+C and District, I would throw the met in too though

• Like Like x 2
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well so far the majority of votes is for the Circle Line which is not a suprise and proves my point. I voted for the Circle, Victoria and Waterloo And City Line. I'm suprised the Waterloo And City Line is the second most voted route in the poll so far, way ahead of the Bakerloo Line. It would be easy to make the Waterloo And City Line since it's not long.

• Like Like x 5
  10. tallboy7648

Hopefully dtg will listen and make the Circle Line

• Like Like x 3
  11. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

2020 tube map
    upload_2020-7-24_9-52-2.jpeg
    The other tube map is outdated

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

My vote is for Waterloo and City. That is one long route! :D

I’m joking by the way, but as I want DTG to make all the lines and have them all interconnected as one giant map, it’ll have to be added at some point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, lots of votes for Waterloo and City, presumably mainly joke votes.

• Like Like x 5
  14. tallboy7648

I'm suprised the Waterloo And City Line got so many votes. I'm mean it's a unique and important line in London. Not suprised that the Circle Line got so many votes

• Like Like x 4
  15. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

What's the fascination with the circle line? It's one of the most boring lines and has already been done with World of Subways.

• Like Like x 2
  16. UnlimitedMagic

It's sub surface so more surface stations and sections
    World of Subways vol 3 only has the C stock
    If we get the Circle line in TSW it will most likely have the S7 stock
    It's the best line to start a sub surface lines extension since the circle line connects to all Subsurface lines
    You could have District line from Earls court to Tower Hill
    (Earls Court is just west of Gloucester Road)

• Like Like x 2
  17. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

No the Circle line is almost all in tunnels except for the section from Paddington to Hammersmith. If you want a surface line then the District is the better line.

The Bakerloo line has a 7 mile surface section, plus there's a load of shorter workings as well to Stonebridge Park and Queen's Park, so there's scope for long and short drives. A full trip on the Circle line is 90 minutes with no short workings.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It has to be Metropolitan, Northern or District as they have the most branch lines and different destinations which makes for a more interesting route. I cannot believe the amount of votes for Circle or Waterloo&City Line. Those have to be joke votes. You can’t moan on to DTG about making short routes and then vote for a 1.5 mile route. Come on!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  19. tallboy7648

The circle line is underground but it's just below ground level which is sub-surface. It's not deep underground and I think it would be perfect line because of how unique it is. You also gotta understand that not everyone has played World Of Subways 3. It's a PC only game and tsw is a console and PC game so I think it would be perfect to play with the S7 and the new announcements. It could also implement all the sub surface London Underground lines since they all run on a portion of the circle line

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

I did vote for the Waterloo And City Line. I am suprised by the number of votes though. The Waterloo And City Line is like the equivalent of the 42nd Street shuttle here in Manhattan and I personally think it would be cool to have it. DTG probably wouldn't be able to Charge $29.99 for a 1.67 mile route. Now the circle line is something I'm not suprised at and that should've been the first underground route as I've barely seen people in the fourms asking for the Bakerloo Line before it was announced. The most I've seen is the Circle Line

• Like Like x 1
  21. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I would love it if ever the Piccadilly Line is added that they include the connecting single stop Aldywch Branch Line and possibly the 1972 stock that they keep there when the tunnel and station is used for filming purposes. The "unused" station is an interesting oddity of the route and would provide very unique additional services if it is set when a film is being made on it.

22. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

It's still in tunnels, and not as interesting as the 7 mile section in the Bakerloo line between Queens Park and Harrow.
    I've ridden the circle line many many times, the tunnels are different, but still tunnels, and a hell of a lot of them at that. Only one depot too, the Bakerloo has 3! Stonebridge Park, Queens Park and London Road.
    A lot of people have played WoS, and personally I wouldn't be interested in another circle line, however I would be more interested in the Bakerloo tbh
    At the end of the day DTG is business they're gonna produce the most profitable route not the necessarily the most requested

• Like Like x 2
  23. tallboy7648

Would be perfect for a filming scenario

24. tallboy7648

Every London Underground line has tunnels.

25. tallboy7648

I wonder why TFL haven't replaced the 1972 stock trains yet.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mkdog45

27. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

IIRC the '73 stock is older so will be replaced first - the '72 trains on the Bakerloo are from a later batch for the Jubilee and entered service in 1979, then moved over to their permanent home on the Bakerloo when the proper Jubilee trains arrived a few years later. The first batch of '72 trains for the Northern and built in 1972 were scrapped long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  28. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

The 72 stock is the oldest metro stock in the whole of the UK, the last 72 stock was constructed in 1974.

You're thinking if the 1983 stock...

29. UnlimitedMagic

Yep you have a point

• Like Like x 1
  30. UnlimitedMagic

NTFL(New Tube For London) trains are coming in 2023 replacing the 1973 stock on the Piccadilly line first.
    They will also eventually replace the 1992 on the W&C and Central lines and the 1972 stock

1996, 1995 and 2009 won’t get replaced

• Like Like x 1
  31. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Been out of the UK since 2010, I don't remember "London Trams"? What is that?
    Plus, I have never seen Paddington without an HST set, and it'll stay that way heh!
    The tube map is a thing of beauty though, thankyou Mr Beck!

• Like Like x 1
  32. UnlimitedMagic

Tramlink

33. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Ah nice, thanks UM.

34. tallboy7648

• Like Like x 2
  35. fanta1682002

36. tallboy7648

And it has air conditioning

37. Mkdog45

Here is a TFL video about it.

38. tallboy7648

I watched it. Looks very nice

• Like Like x 1
  39. tallboy7648

How come deep tube underground trains don't have air conditioning

40. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Historically air conditioning has never been a big thing in the UK and certainly not on public transport. The British thing to do has always been to sweat and moan about it. I noticed the video said “air cooled” rather than “air conditioned” so it may not even be full air conditioning, it might just be a gentle breeze flowing through the train ;)

• Like Like x 2
  41. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

There's nowhere to put the warm air, as the tunnels are just about big enough for the train.
    The deep tube lines get very very hot in the summer, especially the Central line.

42. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

These maps illustrate my point.
    http://www.geofftech.co.uk/download/ActualUnderground.pdf
    http://content.tfl.gov.uk/tube-map-with-tunnels.pdf

The Circle line is almost all in tunnels which is boring, the Bakerloo line has a bigger surface section making it more interesting to drive.
    Personally I'd prefer the Hammersmith & City line instead as a compromise, as it has surface sections at both ends, and provides a nice contrast between affluent West London (Hammersmith) and the not so affluent East to Barking. It uses the same trains and shares the central and western section with the Circle line.

The Victoria line would be awfully boring as well, as it's all in tunnels!!

43. fanta1682002

very good thank you

44. tallboy7648

Now that would make sense. You wouldn't want some parts of the tunnel to melt off or the train to get damaged

45. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

None of that would happen, the air isnt anywhere hot enough.
    The system would just break, if there isn't enough airflow.

46. tallboy7648

I see. It's nice though that they're now introducing ac though. I remember going to London last year in the summer and being on the Central Line and it was not a fun ride. It was so hot☹️

47. luis5700

luis5700 New Member

I voted for the Circle Line and Waterloo And City Line. I think those would be two cool lines

• Like Like x 1
  48. UnlimitedMagic

Why do people want W&C Line

It’s just two stops

• Like Like x 1
  49. Mkdog45

Personally, I would want the W&C to be an extension on the Bakerloo line for about £4.99

50. UnlimitedMagic

Maybe

I would prefer the District line or something else

• Like Like x 1