Lirr And It's Add On M3(have The Been Fixed Yet?)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Jul 24, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting this route and it's m3 add of but alot reveiws say this add and it's add on may still have alot of bug,glitchs,and issuse.within the last few months,so what the status of this route and add on m3 currently?At 50 dallors this thing already overpriced and being still broken don't help.

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Well if you get Train Sim World 2020, you get this route included for the same price as buying it on its own + 2 other routes. I don't know why you would buy LIRR individually for the same price. No restrictions on Xbox if you already own TSW before 2020 edition.

3. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

I run LIRR on XBox fine. The M7 is pretty bug free from what I can tell. The M3 seems to have some audio issues, but it's pretty good to drive if you can overlook them.

The route itself, I haven't come across any game breaking issues if any at all. Very occasionally a segment of tunnel won't load in, but that happens on other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

None of the bugs on the M3 have been fixed. And it seems unlikely. DTG have sadly done a release and forget with this DLC...

There's a few sound bugs, a few low Res textures, and the fact that pressing B applies the emergency brakes immediately.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it unless it was heavily reduced.

LIRR on the other hand is ok, but the timetable leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I like how in scenarios there is so much traffic but on timetable it is very bad but anyway the M3 has noise issues & the M7 is fine except for the safety systems

6. SHINO BAZ

So it sound like skipping the m3 might be a good idea but as for the included m7 are there any major problems and how serious is it's saftey system issuse?

7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean I barely use the safety systems but It doesn't really match up with the speed limit on the HUD.But the M3 has noise issues which isn't a big deal for me I mean when you open the window the horn is low.

8. SHINO BAZ

I never use sifa or pbz the speed alerter systems,or the deadman button(whatever you call them)so are these the saftey systems you speak of?if so then i not worried.

PS:It's really sneaky how dtg chose to deal with this route having only one train by giving us a 10x 6x 8x car option instead,but i guess it's better then nothing.(The lirr also could have had the m9 plus it also uses a sw1000r type switcher and hopper cars for track ballist(rocks) moves).Gee now where else have we seen dtg use a switcher locomotive and hopper cars to do this.(i know the answer,just wonder if dtg did at the time)

9. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

They could have used the mp15 model to turn it into a Mp15ac which LIRR uses but you know DTG.Safety systems are ACSES & atc.But i wouldn't use them unless I want to go no HUD

10. SHINO BAZ

The details on the b button say it used for the trains atc alerter system and you need to push it every 60 sec or brakes will automatically apply,(this is if the atc active)so are you saying pushing the b button causes the brakes to apply?this should not be what happens.so what are the details?

11. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

So if you don't have safety systems on the brakes will apply but if you have the systems on you can press the B button finely

12. SHINO BAZ

Is what you said correct?
    Saftey system off brakes will apply
    Saftey system on brakes won't apply
    I'm still abit confused about this and this is the m3 right?

13. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yep this is with the M3 & this is still with the B button

14. SHINO BAZ

So i guess the m3 is broken,will if it get's discounted down to .99 i'll still buy it.

15. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yep it is which is a shame

16. SHINO BAZ

I just found a tsw pc thread and the m3 is apparently so broken beyond just it's crappy brake system the threads frist post is from may 10min after m3 release all the way up to recently,just a laundry list of problems,which the poster there said dtg couldn't care less to fix.even though the issuse where reported repeatedly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

The brake system on the M3 is broken never noticed because it's brakes are fast IRL

18. SHINO BAZ

I think the poster ment the emergency brake system,i have been just watching matt playing the m3 on release day and he useing both saftey systems and he had no noticable issuses,that i've noticed,i want to see this happning is there a know youtube video of the b button braking fault?what system is this problem on?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  19. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I don't think so but it's happening to me.But I haven't played TSW since june 5 because of disc complications but It happens for some reason I don't know why

20. SHINO BAZ

Know of any?

21. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I wish

22. SHINO BAZ

So it sound like the lirr route with it's m7 hasn't got enough issuse to total ruin the Experience of driving on to route it's just mainly the m3 thats abit of a mess.

23. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

The M3 is the main problem but LIRR may have a ton of bugs Don't know but If you want these add ons you should go for it if you like US stuff

24. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The brake application with b occurs when the safety systems are turned off. Whilst you shouldn't need to press b with the safety systems off, doing so causes a full emergency brake application.

One of the biggest annoyances is the fact the horn is louder with the window closed than when the window is open. How this wasn't tested and fixed is beyond me.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SHINO BAZ

I should have ask this before,so just what was the b buttons intended effect by pushing it?If not a emergency stop.
    2 other notes 1 the buttons can be reconfigured right?2 just don't touch the b button unless you need to stop fast.i can't believe this simple fix issuse caused this much unessary drama.

26. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You should only use the b button when safety systems on

27. SHINO BAZ

What if i forget lirr and just get east coastway instead the br class 377/4 is sorta similar to m7 or m3 and i do like the looks better plus you get the class 66 and i have ntp so i can also do the railtour run.better option?or just as broken?

28. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I don't have ECW but you would be Better off with it

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  29. SHINO BAZ

If only this had happend a few months ago when xbox store has a tsw dlc sale and ecw was on sale for $20.99.

• Like Like x 1
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

ECW is a well made route with hardly any issues at all. It doesn’t really have much variety in services for the 377 but the runs are through nice (mainly fields) scenery. The railtour is a nice addition and the freight is okay but limited, so for the most part it’s driving the 377 (which is lovely to drive) on the main route and the branch line. It can get a bit boring though due to the lack of variety in the services and the endless fields.

I wouldn’t disregard LIRR though because even though it has a few graphics bugs the M7 is a fun train to drive and there is a good variety of services to do. If you’re a fan of urban scenery then this has lots of it. I always drive with the safety systems on and it doesn’t cause too much of an issue, it just doesn’t step you down through the speeds properly, and sometimes keeps you restricted to 15mph for no reason. The M3 doesn’t add much to it because it just substitutes for the M7 in timetable mode, so maybe don’t bother with that, but then you are left with only the one train to drive. I would definitely wait for a good discount in a sale to buy it though, and I’d give the same advice for ECW too.

31. SHINO BAZ

In lirr i saw you could choose a 6/8/10 car train and if you like messing with the timetable,other trains will stop right behind you as stations,so you can just back up abit and hook and have a longer m7 or m3 or a combo m7/3 or3/7 it's good way to do something new and you can control all the doors on both trains when connected.I have done this on msb so it really fun having a passenger/freight combo or a mega passenger train.there are youtube videos of this lirr combo technic if you wanna see it done.Just type in something like how to connect to trains in lirr.

BTW are there any ecw train length 377/4 options?Like lirr has,i have heard you can link up two train here to.but i don't have the route yet,so i'm not sure.

32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are 4 car and 8 car 377’s depending on the service you drive and there are some 12 car units as AI. I think there are one or two services or scenarios where you have to couple up to another train but I’ve never tried to couple up to make an extra long train so I don’t know if that is possible on ECW. I have made a long train in LIRR which was a bit of fun but could only connect two up and couldn’t add the third one like in instructions I’ve seen but as they were 10 or 12 car units to start with it was pretty long.

33. SHINO BAZ

If you go here to this link you can see some screenshots and a few videos of my msb mega trains.
    ( http://xboxclips.co/shino-baz/screenshots ) just look at the german msb ones there are alot that are of other random tsw stuff.(theres alot of random german stuff as well you'll have to search around to find the mega train pics and videos but there in there)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1