Suggestions And Expectations For Tsw2's Köln-aachen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ProfCreeptonius, Jul 21, 2020.

1. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello there!

I'm sure you're as hyped as I am for the release of TSW2 on 20.8.2020. Though I must say, I have very high expectations and a few suggestions how to go "over-the-top" with detail. I wish to post this here since, hey, DTG does use the phrase ''Immerse yourself in detail" when advertising, and all I'm asking for/proposing is attention to detail.

1. Functionality of ICE
    • I fully expect the PZB/Sifa systems to work 100% flawlessly. I mean we've been there with MSB and RSN (if I remember correctly HRR has a couple of hiccups). So I fully expect the "big thing" - TSW2 to have this. I'd be severely disappointed if we managed so mess this up.
    • I expect some base functionality of LZB, since we are going to be driving with V>160kmh. I'd like for it to interact with the AFB, and manage the train's brakes and throttle appropriately. Also I'd like the Endeverfahren - End sequence to be implemented correctly, since it's something you'd have to do on every single run - properly exit out of LZB. In TS2020 the LZB Ende in the ICE3 is not correctly programmed. I hope we don't get a copy of the mistakes in TS2020.
    • I'd like more functionality of LZB - it truly is a goldmine. If you want details of all the things LZB can do, just ask. I don't want to elaborate here, but some key words should be LZB Nothalt, LZB Linksfahrtauftrag, etc. In particular, it would be very entertaining to be able to drive the ICE with LZB but without AFB. I'd wish for the ICE to behave properly even without AFB.
    • I'd wish for the ICE's displays to be at least marginally interactive. For instance, I'd like for it to be at least possible to activate the AFB using the displays. I know that this is a lot to ask for, but these are details which you'd interact with on every single run, so it might be worthwhile to implement some basic functionality.
    2. Functionality of the Talent 2
    • My expectations here are quite low - I just want to see a copy of the Talent 2 from TSW1. It works well as-is now, I just hope they don't break it in TSW2.
    3. Functionality of the Signalling Systems
    • Obviously I fully expect flawless implementation of the basic signalling here. We have it already on RSN, why not get it correct again in TSW2? I am mildly disappointed that HRR didn't get the fixes it needs (or did I miss an update). Most of all I do NOT want to see any of the following mistakes
      • Missing signals.
      • Faulty signal lights/extinguished signals without proper procedure
      • Faulty interaction with PZB/Any interaction with LZB (remember, LZB has authority over all trackside signals, meaning if LZB says so, you are allowed to pass a red light at full speed).
      • Magnets hertzing the train when they shouldn't...
    • I would wish for more special signals to be implemented and also observable. I'm incredibly happy that we get to witness a Zs6 used properly on RSN. Again, tell me if you want more information on details you could add to TSW2.
    In particular since the release has been extended, I think it's not crazy to expect to be able to play a well-made Köln-Aachen on 20.8.2020. What do you think folks? Am I wishing for wonders? Or do you share my expectations for Köln-Aachen?

Cheers,
    Prof.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

HRR did have an update. And the Talent 2 was massively overhauled.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

wait 20.8.2020.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

fanta1682002, no offence but none of your posts really add to the conversation. If you plan to just say this for every post, then just like the post, it means the same thing. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I want this route to be extended to Frankfurt and Brussels. Look, 40 miles for a high speed train is too short. DTG has to end this trend of short unconnecting non full line routes. And the fact that the ice only has two stations in the timetable mode (Koln and Aachan) is just ridiculous. Yes you can add more stations with scenario planner but that's just unrealistic

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Don’t forget, they chose this route to test high speed with the new engine and found it worked very well. They may well extend the route through DLC. Fingers crossed, anyway.

7. TrainSim_Fan

If I remember they said that the bugs that were in GWE are still present, that's not great. As DTG Protagonist said a bit iffy.

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t remember them saying that. Matt said the ICE 3 runs beautifully on the new route. The word gorgeous also comes to mind.

9. TrainSim_Fan

Your on a console right?? You know when your going above 125mph and textures pop in and out, that is still a bug.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. It’s not great. I just assumed the game was pushing the PS4 Pro a tad too far.

11. TrainSim_Fan

Ok. Sorry, for acting rude.

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I didn’t think you were being rude.

13. TrainSim_Fan

Oh, ok. I read back through it and it sounded I was being a little rude in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

Well if its just a test, then the route should be extended then if it works fine. Although I'm a bit iffy about tsw2s console performance

• Like Like x 1
  15. TrainSim_Fan

I believe the word Sam used was icky, I dont get how they can call it a success when bugs and issues on consoles are still present.

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Wasn’t Sam saying it was icky in the current game, but TSW2, particularly the ICE, would run as well if not better than the current game? I’ll guess we’ll have to see it running, play the game to know for sure.

17. TrainSim_Fan

Matt did say it would be no worse, it will be the same.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

It's probably better for pc but I'm a bit unsure about the console. I play on both PC and console. I wouldn't be surprised if the console version of the route had issues

• Like Like x 1