Ideas For The Long Island Rail Road "lirr" And More

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by danielc397896, Jul 26, 2020.

1. danielc397896

danielc397896 New Member

Hello, first of all, call my LoomsySpxctre. I signed up with the wrong name and I don't know how to fix it, anyway, let's continue.

First off, some things about the whole franchise in general.
    Train Sim World is the best Train Simulator in existence, from its pin point recreation and stunning graphics, it has all of the features you would ask for in a train simulator. But, there is one thing, I am not a fan of yearly releases, because it's just a way to get you to spend more money, when you already have spent a lot on the previous version. I don't understand why Dovetail can't stick to one game for maybe 3-5 years or so and keep upgrading that one game. I think all of the features in Train Sim World 2 could've just been implemented into TSW 2020. Yes, I know for something big like that would want to make for a big entrance, but its making all of us who spent money on all of the previous versions have to pay more for this new one that wont upgrade our previous items that we purchased. It would be nice to play all of my routes such as LIRR, Peninsula Corridor, and GWR with the newest updates and in SimuGraph, and especially the livery designer. You don't see simulators like X-Plane coming out with another version every year, they just upgrade what they have. Please Dovetail, be more for the players. I think being more for the players would still earn you money because me and many others know your scheme already.

Now, my ideas for the LIRR.
    I think a great addition to the LIRR would be adding the Diesel EMD DE30ACs and the Diesel-Electric EMD DM30ACs with the Kawasaki C3 Bilevels. And their older SW1000Rs for cargo, rescue, and switching scenarios. What bout the LIRR's new Kawasaki M9s's as well? You could also add the Oyster Bay Branch and the rest of the Ronkonkama branch and just maybe Montauk (I know that's a long one). Also, the West Hempstead Branch. If you added all of this in a single expansion pack for about $30USD. I think this would improve so much about the LIRR route and make it special. I live on Long Island and would love to see this. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DE30AC:
    SW1000R:
    M9:

[​IMG]

Also, another suggestion for the CSX trains... Could you make the horns have a more proper fade out sound? Because the way they are right now they don't have much reverb and the fade out is very unreal. And idk about how real american trains can do a horn where it starts off low and gets loud.

• Like Like x 6
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good train DE30AC.M9

3. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Sadly, DTG are not doing any work on past routes except for making them compatible with the TSW2 Scenario planner so the best you are probably going to get from this is a completely built from the ground up LIRR with the stuff you mentioned (If DTG decide to go down that route, no pun intended!).

• Like Like x 2
  4. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

As a preserved collection update for the Long Island railroad they should introduce an ai conductor who controls the doors, in train announcements, and animiated station time and destinations display

5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It's a MP15ac not a sw1000r

6. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Watch the Q&A streams, they explain why no of what you suggested will happen.

7. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Dove tail games ask for suggestions,so he suggesting some possibility for future consideration,maybe someday dtg may remaster or revisit lirr and will do something with it again,anyway this person clearly new here,maybe there not totally awhere of everything going on with tsw2020 or tsw2.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

I know, I'm saying why it cant happen. I didn't say he couldn't suggest it.

9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

These would all be cool for the LIRR but I'm not sure they would want to revisit old routes because they want to expand their base. Also you are correct by the fact that all the new features in tsw2 could've been in a update for tsw2020. Sam has admitted that as well. I wouldn't even call tsw2 a new game because it only has a updated physics engine and minor bibs and bobs. But as a person who does use the LIRR, it's very disappointing to see how bad of a job they did with the route. I would like to see more content added or if they're not gonna do it, then have some third party get involved

• Like Like x 4
  10. SHINO BAZ

There is at least one sign that shows revisiting or remastering the lirr isn't totally impossible,dtg did just remaster sand patch grade and it's been around for pc since the beginning,and i know it wasn't for consle until tsw2,funny how no one with a pc is miffed that since most of them have spg the'll be buying it again.So any route could get a update after this.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Lirr was disappointing in many ways!!

12. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

The M3 should have been on the LIRR day 1 or something else

13. MrbKlegend89

Yea LIRR only came with jus the M7 I'm like we need more than this! Timetables lack services(busiest railroad to say). Then only to.Hicksville and Woodside(to/from Port Washington)Certain services in timetables were hella wrong and more, but hey its thoughtful that it has shown up in TSW but needed MANY and major corrections

• Like Like x 2
  14. SHINO BAZ

Yes from what i've seen of it is a hot mess that was never worth it's asking price and still isn't,all the better then to remaster it and try and do better the 2nd time around.

Btw:Even if dtg paid everybody 30.00 to take this dlc route they would still demand a refund.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MrbKlegend89

I agree and the length of the routes I wasnt a fan of it..And then other dlcs like RRO and the HHR are too short for me I would like to see more on those routes as well

16. SHINO BAZ

If your refering to the last two germans lines,they may be short but if you own the other german routes and the dlc locos for the other german routes you do have lots of traction options to choose,where with lirr you have 1 or 2 if you spend extra.

17. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Wasn’t the Lirr Route a popular Dlc for train sim world. Because I bought the Lirr Dlc Hicksville Route add on and I definitely bought the M3 Locomotive DLC when it was released.

18. MrbKlegend89

Yea that's true like MSB and all...well I admit I'm more of a fan of passenger service first...I like freight actions also but passenger services are my go to first but I do agree what u say...the LIRR is jus either a M7 or 3 to jus operate service..if they added at least the DE30AC or so or maybe freight action I wouldve been okay with that

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really enjoy the route for what it is. The first route I played.

20. MrbKlegend89

I laugh at the lirr scenarios cuz most are so unrealistic..I like Suburban Sunset...until Penn Station-___-. But I jus wish there were more services in the game

• Like Like x 2
  21. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean everyone that bought TSW 2020 got
    It's very funny the inaccuracies in the game

22. tallboy7648

That is true, it's a shame PC players have to rebuy Sand Patch Grade (it's just a remastered version of CSX Heavy Haul)

23. tallboy7648

It's a bit of a joke tbh. I think they've could've done better. I wouldn't say it's worth $30.

24. tallboy7648

If they added more lines that run on the LIRR, it would've been much busier but we only get two lines. Hempstead branch and Ronkonkoma Branch. Services to Belmont Park are part of the Hempstead Branch so it's only two lines

• Like Like x 1
  25. MrbKlegend89

I jus wish certain parts of service used more or better tracks in the game

• Like Like x 1
  26. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Some of the people that said DTG wasn't good about a year ago was right like digital draftsman but he is banned for some reason.But we will see in the future if we do get studio updates again

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

Hey when you complain about dtg even if the complaints are valid. They don't listen but there will always be someone to defend dtg. I could name a few. I just hope they're actually listening to the feedback from this whole post

• Like Like x 1
  28. beezwaxnotyours309

beezwaxnotyours309 Member

Unfortunately DTG doesnt have any info from the LIRR to do work on the DM/DE30AC's. Matt said that he would love having Dual Modes in TSW but the LIRR has never given them any info :(

• Like Like x 1
  29. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

LIIR is a grand project! With a large development reserve for the future! Many desire its development and DTG knows this. I believe the day will come when we will buy an extension of the route. After all, it will bring profit to DTG. I'm waiting.

30. tallboy7648

I'm waiting for an extension for this route as well

31. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind seeing the dual mode diesel locomotive extension with the oyster bay Branch or port Jefferson Branch.

32. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Port Washington branch, bags of character, elevated sections, urban jungle, freeways, tree lined sections, semi-rural parts, the wonderful bridge towards the end and the stations with original buildings are very interesting. 45 mins end to end so a nice run.
    Throw in an M9, price it up at £25 and I'll buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  33. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I really like your suggestions. Those would definitely make a good route even better.
    Nice effort as well.

34. carl.headley92

carl.headley92 Well-Known Member

When I think they are working on converting and there after they will be focusing on things that are on the road map right now and then later on working on future routes and route externsions.

35. tallboy7648

I really hope after they they finish pumping out all the new content on the tsw2 roadmap, that they start working on route extensions. There is already a lot of content for tsw2 as it is and with what is coming out already

36. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I would really love to see