Please Carry Over Progress From Tsw2020 To Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Slendamann, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Slendamann

Slendamann New Member

The main appeal of TSW, apart from driving trains and enjoying the gorgeus presentation, is the fact that there's always something to do. There's always something you haven't completed when you log in; not like TS2020 where there's 5-15 hours of scenarios for a route and then that's it.

That's why I'm seriously confused as to why progress isn't being carried over from TSW2020 to TSW2.

You've built this neat system around timetables and giant checklists to check off, inviting us to spend a few hours here and there slowly crossing them off. I'd imagine most of us have made a dent on some of them, but aren't anywhere near finishing them. We'd hoped to do that casually over a period of years, as the game improves over time - just like with TS.

But then you decide not to carry over our progress from TSW2020 to TSW2? I just don't understand why. I can't imagine a single person out there actually *wants* to start over, and now I'm completely disincentivised from even playing TSW2020 because I know whatever I do will just be erased in a month.

Now some might say that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, and they're probably right. But to me, the biggest appeal of TSW2020 - what kept me coming back - was slowly crossing off those checklists at my own pace. I don't understand why my progress on these lists can't be carried over, when all the content is being carried over just fine (and even being improved and expanded upon in some cases!)

DTG, please reconsider. I understand that engine upgrades cost money and you need to release a TSW2 in order to continue improving - I get that, and I'm fine with it. But please bring the progress we made on all those none TSW2 routes along with us.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

It is a bit de-motivating to see my progress and journeys done on ECW for example will be wiped clean on TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I think they said this would ruin the game files in one of the streams

4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

All I'm going to say is, watch through all the Q&A streams, as clearly you have not. Tay, I see what you mean but it's too late to change now.

5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I agree with this, ive done every service on both ECW and TVL, its frustrating to lose it all, but i also understand the reasons why, cant wait to re-do it all again

• Like Like x 3
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Agree. It just gives you the incentive to keep playing the older routes in TSW2020, and that makes the whole 'preserved' thing pointless. At the very least, it should be able to grab your progress from the old game at the point of first installation. If they'd ever got DTL working properly, that would have been the ideal place to pull your stats in from and even maintain synchronisation across both games, but as it stands, that's about the least reliable systems that's ever been released into the world!

7. Slendamann

Slendamann New Member

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

I work in IT, so I get that this might be more difficult than it looks at first glance. But surely some sort of export/import could be set up with a few hours of work. It doesn't have to transfer everything over, no need for it to be that complex. But scenario/timetable completions at least should be doable with some simple database work and an import function...

8. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

It's only 8hours, watch one a day. What's the problem with that??