PlayStation Db Br 182 240kph

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Has anyone blasted the DB BR 182 the fastest she can go?

I’ve reached 240kph on the Rapid Transit line. Of course this meant ignoring stations and speed limit signs. However, the game ran quite smoothly at that speed, considering.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for it to be in a PS4 sale. It was full price during the last sale, as was HRR, the only other DLC I wanted to buy. Then I will see what I can do with it. Of course, generally I drive the trains properly, adhering to all the rules, but I do go wild now and then (I mean test the trains in a scientific manner :D ).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

This loco is designed for a maximum speed of 230 kph, so 240 isn't that much above the limit. :-D
    In 2006, a specially prepared locomotive of the successor type (Siemens ES64U4 1216 050) set a world speed record for conventional locomotives, 357 kph.

• Like Like x 1
  4. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Stujoy, I love that locomotive! The design is really beautiful! I purchased on a sale on May I believe, with discount.
    It is really great as you can use it on Rapid Transit as an alternative of the Talent, but also if you have Main Spessart route, you can use there too for both passenger and freight trains too!. It is a pity is the passenger version only.
    It will be great if with just little modifications they release the freight version too, even better with some private freight company!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

From when is it been able to drive the DB BR 182 as a passenger train on the Main-Spessart Bahn? I know it is possible to drive on the Rapid Transit as a passenger train, but on the Main-Spessart Bahn ??

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  6. Sashco

Sashco Member

I think the only downside for me is that more routes don't have high speed trains and services.

Wish we had some maglev routes and services from Japan. Getting those trains up to 500km/h....

• Like Like x 1