Tsw2 Be Patient, Do Not Buy, Wait And See

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jetgriff, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I would have probably bought TSW2 day one on the original date.
    However, the pushback collides with my vacation, so I wouldn't be able to play anyway. So I will wait after and see the reviews. Win-win :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The original poster I quoted is obviously in North America, hence his use of dollars and my response in the same.

I don't disagree that £24.99 is a good price for the new routes. In my opinion, purely adding two new routes (as a PC user) and adding a couple of new features doesn't make it a brand new game.

3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think though even as a new game TSW wasn't certainly more than £30, I am sure I paid £25 maybe it was £30, but I may be mistaken, but I don't think it was ever $60/£45. Or is it priced differently in the US, which it may be, and if so then I sit corrected?

Certainly new PC games can be around the £50 mark sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

MSFS 2020 - if you pop for The Full Monty - will set you back $120.00 US

But, it will indeed be a Brand New Game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. longo239

Which is exceptional value when you consider what you get for your money, 40 airports, 30 planes and the whole world to explore.

As opposed to 3 routes, a similar number of locos or trains and about 100 miles of track for about 1/4 of the price.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. theorganist

I think that is a simplistic way of looking at it to be honest.

If you look at it in that way, would you say £5 would suffice?

£25 to £30 for 3 routes seems excellent value if you get plenty of use out of them. It would have to be something very special for me to find £120 to spend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You can do the whole world exploring thing for free on Google Earth and much quicker than in a plane :D

• Like Like x 6
  8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

The RRP of TSW when it launched as as package on July 24th 2018 was £39.99 on PS4 and Xbox for GWE, Rapid Transit and NEC. Not sure how much it was on PC, I think maybe £29.99. So we are getting a considerably better deal with TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. longo239

I have repeatedly said that £24.99 is good value, I was purely comparing what you get for £110 , which sounds a lot, is also excellent value.

Never thought of that! Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  10. theorganist

Thanks for that, I can't even remember how I purchased it, must be old age setting in!

I hadn't realised it was more expensive on console, I agree TSW2 seems much better value.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I have repeatedly said that £24.99 is good value. yes i see

• Like Like x 3
  12. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

No worries. It was a little more complicated for PC users as TSW was first available with CSX Heavy Haul as a base and then you could buy GWE, Rapid Transit, NEC and West Somerset Railway as DLC. All of these with the exception of WSR were priced at £24.99. GWE alone was available on Xbox at £24.99. 24th July 2018 was the first time the routes were available as a package (minus WSR) and the first time on PS4 priced at £39.99.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Matts explanation of how the game engine works is insightful. Yes and Derek Siddle i think is Art Director so the landscape side of it is very good, for 24.99 x an estimate sale of 1M people well do the math, £24.99 was for LIRR alone.

I think DTG are trying to push Unreal in a direction it wasn’t built for due to Simugraph, I think the PIS displays on the Bakerloo look spot on, i’ve used that line countless times and it really does look like that, and London Underground rolling stock, not trainsets.... are that small.

All thats missing from the LU is the dust and grime that make the Bakerloo what it is. Its nice to see local areas in simulation, Kensal Rise, Kenton, Harrow & Wealdstone, which by bus or National Rail, link to Watford.

Very nice to see both South and North London represented. So i hope the next UK route offers some mainline activity from London termini

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  14. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

100% agree that the price for TSW2 is quite good, all things considered, especially with being able to move the majority of the TSW content over AND be able to use the scenario planner. I'm quite looking forward to that actually... worth the "price of admission" alone.

• Like Like x 6
  15. fanta1682002

yes i see

16. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Train sim world was £35.99 three years ago

17. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

fanta1682002 A kind request but can you stop saying “yes I see” in virtually every thread on here?

It’s pointless and doesn’t mean or contribute anything to the thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The real value doesn't simpley relie on what your buying,it also will relie on wether tws2 releases slightly broken or extremely broken,because dtg record of fully tested releases anit that great.

• Like Like x 2
  19. theorganist

That is more than I can remember I must admit, although I got it when GWE came out so it wouldn't have been with the three routes. Still for what was a new game I don't think that is too bad considering the cost of other new games, especially as it is more niche..

20. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I never ever listen to what people tell me. That's for good reason. I like to make my own mind up. If you get hurt from poor decision making then really thats for you to sort out on your own.
    Currently from my point of view with all the bells and whistles £24.99* for what is basically 3 new routes for console owners (ok two routes for the superior Master PC Race, hey ho), and the ample amount of gameplay I will get out of scenario planner even if its at the basic stage at the moment (hopefully there are plans to update it though its life span) is to me a good price to pay. This was even before Dovetail delayed and said Scenario player will now work with your preserved bits. Yes there are one or two dissapointing things I have noticed which DTG kindly noted :p. But thats not going to defer me from putting ones hand in ones pocket and purchasing TSW 2.

*actually £50.00 for me as I gave away a free digital copy in a competition I ran on my discord server.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  21. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Im just happy DTG is finally listening to us

• Like Like x 2
  22. fanta1682002

i like

• Like Like x 3
  23. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

It's just a lazy way of increasing a user post count... either that or it's like when one of your kids just keeps saying the same thing over and over because they know it's annoying and it winds you up.
    Best thing to do is ignore it, then the child gets bored saying it and gives up ;)

• Like Like x 3
  24. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yes because effectively rebuilding the game is much easier than slapping a new logo on an existing product...