Bakerloo Line Pis Boards @ Stations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Aug 3, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-8-2_16-1-57.jpeg

Well look at that! Is that what I think it is? No, really? Is this that one moment where we’re getting what we want, FOR THE FIRST TIME??!:D

That, my friends, for those who don’t know, is a fully functional Passenger Information System with ETA times and destinations. So, I can guess that this particular board, as well as others in the route, has been animated and is in sync with the trains and services on the line. If they are in sync, then would they be showing things like “train to Picadilly Circus 5 minutes late” when trains are actually delayed? Idk, I hope a dev member can answer this, or maybe it is stated in the Bakerloo line Q&A, but I hope they are! Now, I know I’m not the only one who made this discovery, as others already have, but I just wanted to share this epic moment in the history of Train Sim World. Finally, working ETA boards, oh I’m just so hyped to say anything else!

PS: I actually found something else to say! Did anyone else notice the security cameras behind the ETA board?:)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Sure it was mentioned in the Q&A that it is based on the timetable and the PIS doesn't change if trains are running late. There won't be trains every 3 minutes or so but more services will be added in the future.

It's better than a blank board so I'm glad some effort has been made to put this in at the last moment.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Nice addition DTG made there. I don't think if it wasn't for us moaning and going on about it it would've been left as it could be seen as not important. So well done all and smart work DTG.

In the stream Matt said there will be a train every 10 minutes or so with the timetable at launch. So not ages to wait at a station

• Like Like x 3
  4. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

So fully functioning, but not based in game play reality? I take that to mean its art?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

No it's fully functioning as if it says train in 4 minutes it will arrive in that time but if a train becomes late then the coding will basically not be able to tell the time it will arrive but only by telling from the timetable in the game

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you are playing as a passenger then the times will be quite accurate as the AI trains tend to be on time or a little early. It’s not like the trains are running to a different timetable after all, the screens will be showing the same timetable. If you’re driving a train and cause delays, you’re not generally going to be seeing the screens showing slightly different times because of the delays you might have caused.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Forzaboy4

Forzaboy4 Member

Yes, in the video, the board was blank where the time was, so I guess it doesn't really do too much, especially with the flexible times upon release, and even when they are every 5 minutes post release, it shouldn't delay too many other trains behind as that is around 2 stops

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I think the missing time was a glitch in their version of the game Matt had at that time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The missing time was because PIS didn't exist until a couple of days before the live stream and the release video was made before that

The PIS shows what the scenario timetable says, so if the timetable says there's a train in 3 mins, that's what the board says. If the train is late the PIS doesn't update

It's NOT just art, Matt confirmed that it's dynamic from the dispatcher, but not dynamic from the situation in game

Matt said that with the two week delay to the TSW2 release this freed up a design team, so they decided to implement PIS because we'd asked for it, so yep. Someone's listening

• Like Like x 7
  10. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

That's cool its true to timetable :)

Our bus PIS is similar here in Cornwall "Bus due in 1 minute" but actually as its running late it turns up in 20 minutes...but the machine doesn't know it!

It gives you a good idea of what should be happening...

D

• Like Like x 3
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think where my uncle lives in rural Devon the bus information displays usually state something like "bus due in 2 days"!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

He's got time to get a coffee in the meantime :D

• Like Like x 4
  13. MetrolinkF125#916

Dang 48 hours, that’s a lot of time to wait! So are the machines actually broken? If they are then someone needs to check them!

14. MetrolinkF125#916

I hope that one day they add these to the other TSW 2 routes as there is room for improvement in them, at a working PIS at Köln station will be much welcome!:)

As for future dlc I hope they continue to implement these systems in future routes, unless it’s a freight only route.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Matt said on stream that at launch it will be bakerloo only, but that now they've got the tech behind the signs working, they can roll out to older routes and it will be in newer ones as standard

Not sure on the freight comment. If it's freight that passes a station then that could have PIS as well, even if only for effect

• Like Like x 2