Train Sim World 2 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're planning one final Q&A live stream before the game launches, as well as 3 separate gameplay streams where we run through each of the new routes with you calling the shots. The first gameplay stream is this week where both Matt and I will put the Köln-Aachen route through its paces.

If you have a question we have not yet answered on any topic, please post it below. We've not yet covered the Livery Designer so this will also be a focus of the final Q&A stream, but we'll also try to cover as many other questions as possible.

• Like Like x 4
  2. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Why has nothing been done with the 2D map? Even main station names would be better than nothing.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 19
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Do we get a preview of the livery designer?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Can the track render distance be extended farther?

• Like Like x 3
  5. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Can you please show the process of setting up the destination screens on the ICE 3? In reality, the screens would be set-up in the guard's compartment. I wonder how you implemented this.

• Like Like x 6
  6. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Can you go into more detail about the Bakerloo line services? Ie what the 200 services are? Are they all full length runs to Harrow?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Does Köln Hbf has the "Deckungssignale" to split a long platform into short ones. And depending on the length of the entrance path into Köln Hbf different Speeds at the entrance Signal?

• Like Like x 1
  8. mkgamer

mkgamer New Member

Can you talk more about the services with Dovetail live and are there mastery challenges?

9. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Can you drive with the DB BR 182 on the high-speed line if its in one of the preserved collection phases?

10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not a question, more a request. Can each of those three streams be on a different platform: e.g. one on PS4, one on Xbox and one on PC? That way we can see how the game plays on each.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

What new adhesion features are the preserved routes receiving?

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

1) Will playing the preserved collection version of a DLC in TSW 2 contribute to trophies/achievements for that DLC in TSW 1 or will the preserved collection DLC get new trophies/achievements in TSW 2?

2) Will Livery Editor feature logos from existing licenses with train operating companies? For example, is the DB logo available so that we can put this on our own livery designs or have the train operating companies banned or otherwise prevented such use?

• Like Like x 3
  13. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I can answer this for you that answer is no for the very simple reason the services for the bakerloo line are split into at least 3 as you rightly state there are full length services from Harrow to elephant and castle however as the Bakerloo line does in real life you also have the terminator services to queens park and also the terminator services to Stonebridge Park so in effect is the same as east coastway in the sense you get choice of 3 patterns depending on what you wish to do

• Like Like x 3
  14. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

That would be the case if all the services were implemented. But 200 is just enough for the full length ones without any of the shorter services.

• Like Like x 2
  15. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Well matt peddleston hasn’t said we will only be getting the end to end services

16. DTG Protagonist

Just to set your expectations, if you have a question that includes the word "why" the answer will almost always be the same.

When pulling together a desired feature list for the new game, that list was extensive. Far longer than we had the time and resources to deliver in the time available. To that end there comes a cut-off point in the list after which we can't do more. In some cases this means we miss out on relatively easy-to-add features (for example, stations named on the map), but the line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise we never release the game.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I'll echo this one. This is a key piece of information, especially when appealing to the casual player.

Will the three routes come with manuals? Recently there has been a lack of manuals...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Officer2506

Officer2506 Well-Known Member

I'll throw some Livery Designer questions in:

1) Will we be able to add whatever we want to a loco in the livery designer (text, color, shapes, images, ...) or are there any limitations such as images?
    2) Will we be able to design the chassis, wheels and roof of a loco or is it limited to the varnish only?
    3) Will the livery applied to one loco apply to all locos of that class or is it possible to see same locos with different liveries on track?
    4) Will there be a limit of layers (text, shapes) we can add to one loco?
    5) How much and what shapes do we get?
    6) Will we be able to change or modify existing livery designs at a later time which we created ourselves before?
    7) Will there be a limit of livery designs for each loco?
    8) Will it be possible for rocket scientists to share the livery designer game files with friends, such as with the scenario planner files? ;-)

Looking forward to the stream.

• Like Like x 3
  19. longo239

It was a perfectly legitimate question that multiple other members have liked and it was greeted with another BS answer.

What is the point of a map with no information on it? It should have been done properly from the beginning but it's been like that for three years and it appears that we can expect it to remain the same for another three years.

I don't know how you even have the audacity to refer to it as the 2D map, it's no more than a line and as it is, totally pointless!

You haven't got time for it, but there's plenty of time to make challenges where players are expected to place hundreds of maps, all with labels on them, around stations and other such pointless tasks to keep the console kiddies happy!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

You announced a while ago that console players have two types of controls now for TSW2.

One key feature being the doors open/close buttons without having a pop-up menu.

Can we please have this implemented into the PC version aswell? As you have seen I ran not one but two polls on this and both resulted in over 85% in favour......of having keyboard controls to open/close doors WITHOUT an arcade style pop-up menu.

I will be the first to admit a month ago I was unsure of what your selling us, but last couple of weeks very impressive, especially LU. The working boards and now the announcement that passengers WILL be re-worked post release is a major relief and has filled me with confidence that DTG is going in the right direction with this game. So although I battered on about the passengers (thats dealt with)...... Just one more request to have the open/close doors be a keyboard command without the pop-up menu, it mimics what you would do in a cab, and saves moving the view around with the mouse or having that big arcade style ugly (no offense) menu in your face.

Look forward to the streams.

• Like Like x 2
  21. DTG Protagonist

I completely agree that the question is legitimate, however so is the answer. Time is a finite resource, and station names on maps did not make the cut in the development process. I appreciate that you do not feel that this order of prioritisation was the best one and I'll pass that on.

[slight edit for grammar]

• Like Like x 3
  22. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

In the CSX stream it was said there are no changes to the audio sources (understandable), but the new audio engine with the UE4 upgrade does help improve things...
    >Does this help with the turbo being way too loud in the AC4400 that it drowns out the engine and just sounds like a vacuum at/above notch 3 (which completely kills the immersion factor)?
    >Does this help with external sounds (from other trains, crossing bells, etc) in the cab being too loud to be realistic?

Also:
    >Will the locos still produce exhaust smoke like they do now, or will that be turned off/scaled back to be realistic?
    >When saving, is it still one save per game, or will we be able to save per route?
    >Will routes automatically set the distance/speed units or is that still manual?

• Like Like x 2
  23. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Unnecessary console remark aside, this is actually a little bit hilarious and a great bit ironic.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

What exactly will the road map show ie new routes and preserved collection etc.
    And when can we expect the full 450 services on the bakerloo line

• Like Like x 4
  25. roywild1136

roywild1136 New Member

In scenario editor , if I create a scenario and fill it with AI trains to populate the world , as welI as the player train, can I save it and then go back in and choose any of the trains to drive or will it just be the original player train

• Like Like x 3
  26. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

A TSW 2 generic question;

Regarding visuals, will we see any improvements to lighting on the ground?
    I appreciate that we now have more layers for the clouds, to make them look better, but does this actually change anything to the lighting on the ground? If I recall correctly when the clouds go in front of the sun, it doesn't do much on the ground. The lighting pretty much stays the same due to the painfully slow updates in lighting transitions.

Which goes onto my next question;

Also, will we see lighting transition more smoothly?
    In TSW 1, there are harsh transitions in day and night lighting. Almost looks like a slideshow of lighting scenes as you can quite easily see the scene get dimmer/lighter as time passes. It updates every minute or so. Very noticeable during sunny intervals. Straight from darker to lighter and vice versa, there's no smooth natural transition in lighting.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

They showed us how they created an scenario in the ICE3 Q&A. It looks like you would need to edit the scenario, unmark the current "player train" box in the train it is on now, and tick it in the new train that you would like to drive. It seems to me that you can do it in 30 secs.

• Like Like x 1
  28. BlackBeard.5

BlackBeard.5 New Member

Hello I have a question but It's a pretty stupid question that interests me a lot in the morning we will be able to put the ICE into service and bring it back to the depot it is so much desired!
    upload_2020-8-4_1-4-7.png

• Like Like x 1
  29. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

Can y’all make these locos for DLC for Sandpatch? ES44AH SD70MAC Flared Radiators ST70AH and the AC6000CW?

30. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

How many cars do the CSX trains have on PC?

31. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

sd40-2.gp38-2.ac4400cw

32. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Question (s) for you;

Will the flickering Anti-Aliasing/TAA issue be fixed? For example on overhead wires/objects.

Will the dwell time for loading/unloading passengers differ between stations within the routes?

• Like Like x 1
  33. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

My questions:
    1. I understood the action points have been changed. is that correct? Can you tell more about that?
    2. What will be the policy regarding reward systems? There are a lot:
    • Action points
    • Medals
    • Steam achievements
    • Mastery
    • Challenges
    To me this seems quite lot, can we do less but make sure it works? What ideas are there on this?

3. In the first Q&A briefly an API as mentioned. Any more details on that? Will it be generally available to use tit to create interfaces?

• Like Like x 1
  34. longo239

All questions should be open to extract the most information. Open questions are those which will get an answer which is more than yes or no. Therefore, they should begin with who, what, where, when or why.

It would be nice to have a real answer, so here are some questions which do not ask "why".

1. Is it technically difficult to put text on a map?
    2. What was the reason it was never implemented from the beginning of TSW?
    3. What is the purpose of a map with no labels?
    4. Are there plans to implement text on the map in the future?
    5. Will text on the 2D map be on the forthcoming roadmap?
    6. Will there be text on the roadmap considering the apparent difficulty or reluctance there seems to be at putting text on anything which contains the word "map" ?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  35. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Regarding the map, I completely agree, how hard can it be to put a overlay with a few text labels on it? Something similar showing water would also be very useful. It seems that development time can be found for things like the mastery, which duplicates to a large part the steam achievements and it would seem very few care about. Yet no development time can be found for much requested features.

Things like the routes automatically setting themselves to the correct metric / imperial unit of measurement should have been in the game from day 1 and has been much requested by many. Is this feature in the new game?

• Like Like x 3
  36. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I have never known a map to not have labels. Is a map without labels even a map?

• Like Like x 5
  37. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I think Matt said it was around 90-100 on the HH stream.

• Like Like x 1
  38. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I have a few questions for the scenario planner.
    Will we be able to set up ai trains only and spawn in walking around on foot, or would we need to load in a train, then abandon it?
    Will we need to follow a timetable for station stops in SP, or will it be 'Drive to X location'.

39. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

I think what he's referring to is the fact that "why" questions are more often than not entirely rhetorical. E g, "why did you do this?", often directly translates to "I don't like that you did this and I want you to change your mind".

• Like Like x 2
  40. bsrdj

bsrdj Member

on the stream matt said for ps4-xbox was 45 and pc lots more? How many is lots more?

41. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Can we get to the Victoria Line platforms at Oxford Circus since they are parallel to the Bakerloo line ones?

• Like Like x 2
  42. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think it was about 40 for consoles, "more" for PC, someone somewhere mentioned ca 60 cars.

43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

We all know it... it will have to happen... ICE3... reaching 330 km/h during that stream. :D

• Like Like x 4
  44. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Talk about the dispatcher/signaller.
    - What it can do in it's current state, regarding train priority, re-routing and simillar?
    - Also are there any plans to upgrade the signaller so it to be closser to real world one?

• Like Like x 2
  45. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

1) Will we be able to use colour gradients in the shapes in the Livery Editor, or are they just solid colours?

2) What is the current layer limit in the Livery Editor?

3) Is there an option to turn off the “Turned on the Cab Light - 10 points” notifications?

4) Is it possible to empty the trains of passengers that are in depots?

5) Would the PIS work in scenario creator with my created scenarios? So would it show the timetable I have created or will it just be blank?

6) Will the PIS be implemented into Koln-Aachen route, and will it be implemented into the Preserved Collection routes?

7) Does TSW2 recognise that on the Underground the speed limit changes when the front of the train passes the speed limit sign, instead of the rear of the train like on the mainline?

8) With the release of the new consoles later this year, do you expect there to be any issues running TSW2 on them? Will there be any upgrades for TSW2 on new consoles?

9) When will the public roadmap be released?

10) Will there be a “loyalty discount” for owners of TSW2020? (Mentioned in the first Q&A that you were discussing it)

11) When will pre orders be available and where will it be available?

12) Any plans to sell any Scenario Packs as DLC?

• Like Like x 7
  46. stinkyheadsman

stinkyheadsman Member

Will we be able to upload our own images for the livery editor?

If we do not own DLC from TSW 2020, but we want it in our preserved collection for TSW 2, and we do not own TSW 2020, do we have to buy the TSW 2020 base game on top of the DLC we want?

Will any preserved collection routes be upgraded into TSW 2 standards after TSW 2 comes out?

Will the public be able to see what routes are being researched?

Where will the roadmap be available?

Will TSW 2 also be available for newer consoles such and PS5 and other future consoles?

• Like Like x 2
  47. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Nope. You will be able to buy it in the TSW2 add-on section, so you don't need to buy TSW1.

Nope. Preserved collections are preserved, but not upgraded or remastered (except Sand Patch Grade, obviously).

Somewhere in the TSW2 website. They can't tell you exactly where until they have a roadmap to show.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

1. Is Direct Input implemented from the off, for PC?
    2. Is RailDriver support implemented from the off, for PC
    3. Will Direct Input, if implemented, be applicable to the legacy locos’ controls?

49. tmsb29

tmsb29 Member

If we purchase an item of DLC for TSW2020 after the release of TSW2, will both games get the new content where applicable?

50. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.