Transport For London Content And Other Features

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LewisInfiniti, Aug 5, 2020.

1. LewisInfiniti

LewisInfiniti Member

We now have the Bakerloo line in Train Sim World 2. I want to share my thoughts and ideas to release possible new TfL-themed content to the game, as well as other features overall.

Sub-Surface Lines
    I think the Sub-Surface lines would world with Train Sim World 2. I'd like to see the entire Sub-Surface network as a route, which may as first seem out of the question - but remember - most of the stations are shared by at least two lines. If you think about it technically, you are only building two lines (District and Metropolitan), and adding services branded as the other two (Circle and Hammersmith & City (albeit Paddington <> Hammersmith). The included stock should ideally include all of the recent years. (A, C, D, and S Stocks)

To go with this, we could see the addition of an "Era" feature; allowing the player to select an era in which they'd like to play, ultimately affecting which types of trains are featured as AI - I've suggested a few:

2010: A, C, and D Stocks as AI
    2012: A, C, D, and S Stocks as AI
    2014: C, D, and S Stocks as AI
    2016: D and S Stocks as AI
    2018: S Stock only as AI

Great Western Express
    TfL Rail

Dovetail has already confirmed there will be no route extensions to existing Train Sim World 2020 content, and likely never due to its complexity. However, I'd love to see the Class 345 developed and inserted into the route, as it would add many more services to the route. This requires no extension to the route for the most part, as the route featured is the entirety of the main TfL Rail route (Paddington <> Reading).

-•GWR Stock
    I'd like to see the Class 387 and 800, as these are now primary units of Great Western Railway - both of which run into and out of Paddington. I'd also like to see a Class 165 variant of the Networker, as well as First Great Western-liveried alternatives to the Class 165/6 and HST.

Train Sim World 2: Livery Editor
    If not already a feature, I'd love to see the ability to upload photos from your computer's files into the game when creating liveries to add logos and other elements to them. There are no sharing tools to have to worry about copyright issues either.

This feature is unlikely, however, due to the restriction on console users not receiving this feature.

What do you think of my ideas and feature-suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I like the suggestions about the sub-surface London Underground lines and how use of the same station on multiple lines could enable this.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I like the idea of selecting an era but an era would be more than a couple of years. If it were possible to have scenery change depending on the era chosen, then a 1950s, 1980s, 2015 selection would be great (depending on when big changes were made). Of course without changes to scenery a choice of different stock running as in your suggestion would still be a great addition to add variation to gameplay.

A complete sub-surface network would be amazing if a little ambitious. Imagine if a day would ever come when the entire London Underground map was available. That would be a whole sim in itself. The stuff of dreams for some.

As for the GWE suggestions, the route would need full electrification added to it for the more modern trains. A lot of people have been asking for that but it seems unlikely to happen soon. But never say never.

4. LewisInfiniti

LewisInfiniti Member

The Underground suggestion was intended for those wanting a more modern experience, which is why I suggested the Era or timeframe for Sub-Surface only go back to when the A Stock was in service - Anything beyond that would almost definitely be unrecognizable to the younger audience of the game. I also suggested it in this way as it would also be inconvinient for DTG to have to create multiple versions of the map to suit the Era.

GWR: I'm pretty sure the full length of the GWE route in-game has electrification wires along it - they're just not utilized by any stock.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  5. LewisInfiniti

LewisInfiniti Member

Yep. It would also allow for the uncommon (existent nevertheless) movements of the Circle line to Barking, and the District line over the Kings Cross-section of the network, as well as "Engineering Work" scenarios, where trains stop and reverse as different stations. (Dagenham East, West Ham and Parsons Green, for example)

6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The GWR only has OHLE to Heathrow Junction with a few masts without lines going further out but not all the way to Reading. Electrification was still in progress in 2015.