15% Tsw 2 Discount On Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s been announced on Twitter that Steam users will get a 15% discount off TSW 2 if they own TSW 2020.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Bought it and now waiting for the 20th so it will download

3. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The Deluxe Edition is a bit of a rip-off!

£39.99 for TSW2 and ECW or £33.99 if you already own ECW!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Bought it and now 16% china 76 money

5. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Although there is a 15% discount (yay!), it appears that anyone gets 10% off their pre-order (anonymous browsing), but TSW1 owners get an additional 5% off.

The deluxe edition was a bit confusing. I already owned that route, but it wanted to charge me the same price ($39.99) for the bundle as if I did not own the route. Too bad there wasn't a deluxe edition with something new, rather than something existing.

6. YorksAndy

YorksAndy New Member

If you already own ECW on TSW, does purchasing the ‘Deluxe’ edition gain you anything over the ‘base’ edition?

When I view the bundle it says that ECW is already in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FeralKitty

No, it's just a bundle consisting of the same base game, and the route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - entirely inappropriate comment]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2020
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I've seen some TS2020 packages having similar problems, especially during sales. Here I just ignore the Deluxe as I already own ECW. I agree it should be fixed, it is a bit confusing when you own ECW.

10. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Just bought it, being a Yorkshire Man cannot resist a bargain.

• Like Like x 2
  11. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

If you already own ECW on TSW Do Not buy the deluxe. That bundle is aimed at new customers or those who don't have ECW. The route, along with others are part of preserved collection which will come later to TSW2. So you'll be able to use some routes you own on the original TSW on TSW2 at no extra cost. It's concerning that this is causing confusion. There is no "TSW2 DLC" and none have been announced yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fanta1682002

If you already own ECW on TSW Do Not buy the deluxe yes i see

13. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

steam shopping cart.JPG tsw2 steam Capture.JPG
    no there is no "rip off" and you do not "buy the route again" if you already have it for tsw1/2020. Your licence automatically transfers over.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  14. longo239

Your screenshot proves the point.

TSW2 is $25.49 to purchase alone. If you were to purchase the Deluxe Edition it will cost you $42.49 even though you already own ECW.

Something clearly isn't right with the bundle pricing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

No I literally CAN'T purchase for 42.49 Look in the 2nd screenshot (the actual shopping cart). It only drops the TSW2 part in there without the ECW because I already have ECW. At least that's what it does in MY case.

If someone already owns ECW, why would they care about this "Deluxe" pack anyway? It is a bundle for new people or someone who doesn't already have ECW in their collection.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. longo239

Yes, it does only drop the TSW2 part in there, greying out the ECW part and adding the "In Library" tag. It also says:

Price of individual products: $25.49
    Cost of this package: $42.49

The Add to Cart button allows you to buy it at $42.49, so my point is that the cost of the deluxe package should be no more than $25.49 if you own ECW, so there is clearly an error in the package pricing.

17. FeralKitty

Yes, there definitely is an error. I had originally tried adding it to my cart, and there was a message indicating that I was paying for ECW but would not get a second copy. The bundle apparently isn’t set up to adjust its price based on what you already own.

Hopefully people who own ECW will figure out not to buy the Deluxe edition.

18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am confused some are saying the deluxe version is £33.99 if you already own ECW. I will have to buy the main TW2 As I don’t own ECW on a pc. It is one of the routes I want for PC or although I do own it for my console version. I thought the deluxe was providing TSW2 and ECW so I am glad to learn that the deluxe is only available to those that already have the route. I will order the main game and save over £12 I am glad I read the posts before wasting my money on something I don’t own

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Deluxe Edition is available for anyone who doesn’t own ECW already. Those people are the only ones who should even be trying to buy the Deluxe Edition as it is no different than the normal version but includes ECW in the bundle. That’s the whole point of it is so you get the extra route. I don’t know where you have got the idea that you already need to have ECW to buy the Deluxe Edition. It’s the exact opposite.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

There are different ways to set up bundles in Steam. Some bundles give you a bigger discount on every item and do not charge you for the content that you already own, so you save money by buying the bundle even when you already have some of the contents.

That's why some people might try to buy Deluxe even when they already own part of it.

21. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Here in Colombia the local Steam pricing is interesting. TSW 2 is COP 35,550 (just over $9)a 10% discount from COP39,500. The deluxe edition is COP 61,650 ($16) again a 10% discount. The existing TSW, for the basic package is COP48,500 ($13) so more expensive than TSW 2. Incidentally all of those prices include 19% local tax.

22. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

Which is how it happened in my case. I already owned ECW (you can see it marked as In Library in screenshot) so when I clicked "add to cart" the only thing out of the bundle that dropped into the cart was TSW2, not the entire Deluxe package. And the purchase cost me 25.49 (plus 8.39 for that truck simulator dlc), not 42.49. Therefore it made no difference in my case if I was clicking to purchase just TSW2 alone, or from within Deluxe bundle. It's in the two screenshots that I posted.

Idk I think we are taking about the same thing here? but the way you say it is sounds as if the entire Deluxe bundle should cost 25.49?

Nevertheless, as someone mentioned (probably in another thread) ...and I agree with their statement that hopefully people will recognise that they may not need to buy the Deluxe bundle and just go with standalone TSW2. I would like to add though that people should of course pay attention to what it is that they are putting into shopping cart and paying for. It seems some people have the entire bundle drop into the cart but they also get a warning with that that they are purchasing again something that they already own. In that case they should do a separate standalone tsw2 purchase.

23. longo239

I think we are talking about the same thing. My point is that if you already own ECW, then buying the Deluxe Edition should cost you no more than what TSW2 as a stand alone costs because that's all you are going to receive. It should not be more expensive as it currently appears to be.

• Like Like x 1
  24. fanta1682002

yes me too

25. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Why care about the Deluxe Edition then? Seriously, this makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The deluxe edition would be for those who do not already own TSW2020

• Like Like x 1
  27. longo239

Simply pointing out that the Deluxe Edition is incorrectly priced if you already own ECW.

If it makes no sense, then why bother wasting your time replying to something you don't understand.

28. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that they should have set the deluxe edition to be a "Complete your collection" bundle, which automatically adjusts the price if you already have part of the bundle.

However, at the moment someone who has ECW on TSW could accidentally pay more than they should for the TSW2 bundle (especially as not everyone would be up-to-date with what happens with Preserved content)

• Like Like x 1
  29. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

That's just how Steam works in most cases. LucasLLC might be right with DTG not making it a Complete Your Collection bundle and that's why the price is that high. But ultimately, why should anyone who owns ECW care about that?

Don't be the judge of that. If I was thinking I'd waste my time, then I wouldn't bother to reply here.

Then they're just plain stupid, in my opinion. Steam warns you not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR TIMES that you already own ECW for TSW2. If people ignore those warning, it's a case of "The problem sits in front of PC"

• Like Like x 2
  30. longo239

So, rather than raise the matter that something is priced incorrectly and that someone may inadvertently end up over paying for the game, your opinion is that they must be stupid so tough luck! Nice one!

• Like Like x 2
  31. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I'd agree that it most likely is a user based error, however I guarantee it'll still happen.

• Like Like x 2
  32. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

Well people sometimes don't pay attention and do make mistakes. However, NekoNina is correct that Steam warns clearly, and people who will "accidentally" overpay should recognise and take ownership of their own mistake. In addition Steam allows a quick and easy refund ( If < 2hours play, and if < 2 weeks of ownership, than they'll give you a no questions asked refund) to correct it.

Edit: If a person goes grocery shopping and buys a 0% milk instead of the regular whole milk. It is not the store that mislabeled the milk, and it is not the store's fault because they put two kinds of milk next to each other. It is purely on the purchaser, and no one else that they grabbed the wrong milk. Maybe there are people like that, idk? I mean what else can I say. They can refund if noticed in time. That's what it is for. LoL

• Like Like x 6
  33. fanta1682002

yes i see