Train Sim World 2 Question And Answer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're planning one final Q&A live stream before the game launches, as well as 3 separate gameplay streams where we run through each of the new routes with you calling the shots. The first gameplay stream is this week where both Matt and I will put the Köln-Aachen route through its paces.

If you have a question we have not yet answered on any topic, please post it below. We've not yet covered the Livery Designer so this will also be a focus of the final Q&A stream, but we'll also try to cover as many other questions as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Question about the livery designer.
    Will we be able to put logos on trains that DTG owns the licences for eg: CSX, DB and so on.

3. tylerron35

tylerron35 New Member

Question about the livery designer, will the GP40-2 be compatible with it?

4. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

I might be able to answer this.
    If you are refering to the DLC that came out for NEC then no.

5. Markerson

Markerson Member

Hi

Fairly sure you mentioned in an earlier q&a about a new “jobs” mode which would be in place of journeys. Does this mean that we will see a way to take services back and forward on routes without quitting to the menu? If this is possible/available will we be able to save our “shift” to continue at a later time?

How will action points (AP) be attained? We know that our progress from TSW won’t carry across to TSW2 but how is progress recorded on TSW2, similar to TSW or any changes to this?

Will the HUD be changing for the preserved routes as well as the new TSW2 content?

How will achievements/trophies work with the preserved collection in TSW2?

Is there a dedicated way to grab a screenshot in game for TSW2 or is it the same as TSW?

Do player created scenarios allow to to gain experience (action points)?

Many thanks.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GingerNinja2343

GingerNinja2343 Member

Will people who bought TSW2020 on disc be able to access the routes included as preserved content in TSW2?

• Like Like x 2
  7. femmerton

femmerton Member

Will the mastery challenge be on train sim world 2. Also, will the 3 new routes get the mastery challenge (if mastery is coming).

• Like Like x 1
  8. lewisthomas22

lewisthomas22 Member

Have you removed the "END OF SESSION: YOU HAVE REACHED THE EDGE OF THE REPRESENTED AREA" barrier?

• Like Like x 2
  9. tylerron35

tylerron35 New Member

It was also a dlc for sand patch so I’m not sure

10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

What are the achievements on these routes?
    Will the keyboard on console have the same full layout as PC? It doesn't let you switch to the opposite cab on Xbox with TSW 2020.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  11. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

This may be off topic but are you going to post some TSW 2 content on your youtube channel Sam? I would guess yes. I would love to see how you can break the game and new routes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

1)Can you turn off the infamous SPAD in TSW2 2)How will the livery editor work 3)How will the control's work

13. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, livery designer, finally!
    Since you came up with some very welcome surprises the last times I'm looking forward to the next one :)

My questions would be:
    - are there templates for letters and numbers in different fonts or do we have to create them ourselves?
    - will we be able to save custom shapes/ decals so that we can place them on further models without needing to create them again?
    - how many shapes/ decals can be placed on each model?
    - I assume the different parts of the model are separated for decal placement. If so, how many shapes/ decals are possible for each part?
    - will different material styles (e.g. shiny/matt) be possible to display?
    - what settings can be set for each shape/ decal (e.g. size, transparency, angle)?
    - How do you like the idea of implementing some community shapes / decals later on? Turn10 did this for their livery designer in the Forza series. I always liked it and in my opinion it could be a nice but quite harmless testing ground for later and more detailed sharing plans (like scenarios). Of course I'm aware that this is very unlikely for a quick implementation.

After all, I'm finally excited again for the release of a new game and looking forward for a day 1 buy! And I always thought only TES6 and GTA6 would tempt me like that... :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Will mastery progress carry over to TSW2 once those routes become available? I'm currently about halfway through on each route and would like to keep what I have so far in the new game.

15. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Will the future updates regarding passengers also include passengers finally getting off the train when detraining when going to depot and empty trains when starting journey from a depot or siding ?

• Like Like x 3
  16. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Is the game at launch Xbox enhanced, 4K, HDR ready or is it a future update?

17. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

What is the song name of the trailer of TSW2 routes?

18. lewisthomas22

lewisthomas22 Member

Durade. Sandstorm

19. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

- Xbox Series X Version planned? If so, does it support "Smart Delivery"?
    - Is there Mouse and Keyboard Support on Xbox?

20. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

Hi there not sure these has been mentioned before.
    1, will there be cold starts
    2, refueling
    3, turntable action
    4, will we be able to go into the engine rooms

21. Amax

Amax Active Member

la signalisation serait corrigée à cause de tsw le vous avez un signal à 40 km / h et la vitesse ne bouge pas et il manque des informations pour la vitesse

22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Matt said they would only do the engine rooms if we needed to go in them to activate SIFA for example, otherwise it’s a waste of resources.

23. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Discount for loyal console owners.....

• Like Like x 2
  24. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Did anyone else find the font on the new HUD and clocks ect too small to see easily ?

• Like Like x 4
  25. friskey.marcedes

Are community rewards going to continue? If so can the rewards be improved?

26. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's far too small. Obviously designed for PC users but not for console users...

• Like Like x 2
  27. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I don't think we can tell that without playing for me watching the stream on my TV it was still obvious I do agree it needs largening but how is it designed for pc users

• Like Like x 1
  28. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

I'm glad it wasn't just me. The HUD on TSW2020 is so easy to understand and now its gonna be smaller and confusing. Oh well I guess I'll have to get use to it.

• Like Like x 1
  29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You shouldn’t have to get used to it. It’s clearly too hard to read and thus should be fixed by DTG. They did say right at the start of the stream that they had received some feedback saying it should be bigger and they are getting more now that we’ve actually seen it (but not been able to read it) in action. I'm also banging on quite loudly about how terrible the narrow font is. The TSW2020 font was good.

So to keep this on topic, that’s my question for the Q&A - Will the readability of the on screen information be fixed for the release?

• Like Like x 3
  30. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

It was the first thing that struck me, how much the narrow font made text difficult to read. I'm sure it looks fine if you are sat right in front of the monitor using a PC but viewing the stream on my 40" TV at the same distance I play TSW from and I was having to really study the text to understand it rather than a quick glance and immediate comprehension as with the current TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  31. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Totally agree with you Doyden. From my driving seat (ie the sofa) it was very hard to see the top left hand distance display and the new HUD isn't that easy to see unlike the old version on Train Sim World 2020.

• Like Like x 3
  32. friskey.marcedes

Wouldn't be surprised if anyone has tested it on a console yet...

• Like Like x 2
  33. Knightfire1964

it think they would have to surely have tested the game on consoles other wise how on earth would they have tested the new controls layout

34. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Did you ever play TSW Founders Edition?

35. Knightfire1964

yes I have had the founders edition. I got it when it was released

36. LucasLCC

I'm unsure what their testing process for consoles is like, but from the bugs that have appeared on consoles, it seems it leaves a lot to be desired.

For example the memory dumps on NTP, still haven't been acknowledged or fixed, and they still haven't bothered to refund or compensate those that are unable to play a dlc they purchased.

• Like Like x 2
  37. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Many major AAA games don't get their bugs sorted out, so it seems to me many people in the forums just want to pick holes in the company for their own pleasure or weird kink without stopping to think how much game there is on offer with few bugs over not having the game at all, no its not perfect but it's amazing that console players even get this, as DTG could have easily stayed making PC sim's only, so show some gratitude for what you have folks, because if you dump on them so much they could just abandon console gaming completely, and who wants that??

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  38. LucasLCC

They've publicly admitted that it's console players that provide more income than PC...

A game breaking bug which causes the Xbox to completely crash isn't quite picking holes... It's something that I wouldn't expect from any game, and I'd complain in any case... This certainly isn't some small bug

• Like Like x 3
  39. Knightfire1964

I have never had any problems with the game crashing on me and I use the old xbox one

40. krustynuggets

Well according to the masses your either lying or blessed lol

41. LucasLCC

No one has said that... Not sure what you're trying to achieve to be honest other than provoking a reaction...

The NTP crash only applies to what seems like a minority of users (and only if you have the heavy freight pack), but for those of us it does apply to, it's a major bug. There's plenty of discrepancies in game, but above all a crash is the number one thing that should be resolved. It's not an unreasonable request to want a resolution for £30 of DLC being unusable

• Like Like x 1
  42. krustynuggets

I have every single piece of dlc and apart from the class 31 cement circle achievement ive never had a issue, I'm on the xbone 1x, don't think it's going to make too much of a difference, so reading so many people spitting venom and hate at DTG knocking the work they have done just makes me think alot of people are ungrateful, so yeah i must obviously be blessed or lying also, people can decide that one for themselves.

43. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Do The Doors Between The Carridges On The Bakerloo work
    I mean the Carridge to cab one's aswell
    I bet a person has a picture of it

44. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Also Can We Make A Livery for example on the 1972 stock and then made a scenario on TVL Can We use that livery?
    and can we mix and match the trains so can we operate the 377 on TVL Or NTP?

45. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

My questions are: Will PZB work in (for example) the BR425 with other German routes if you use the scenarioplanner? And will the PZB work in (for example) the DB BR ICE3M with other German routes?

46. Bigbobpower

Bigbobpower New Member

Will there be keyboard support for console for example to operate secondary horn, different lights and doors like there was on tsw2020

• Like Like x 1
  47. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

Would there ever be a way to simulate possible problems even in service mode? Or would those solely be for scenario planner? Things such as signal failures/train failures?

48. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Closing this thread to further questions - we have considerably more than can be covered on stream, so we'll aim to get answers in textual fashion where we're not going to cover them live.

Thanks for all the submissions you've sent.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.