Xbox Potential Bug On Peninsula Corridor (link)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Stockton Rails, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I’m adding the following link to an existing thread on a confirmed bug in the Peninsula Corridor route when used with the Caltrain switcher DLC (the OP should’ve probably opened up the original thread here). This issue has been confirmed on the Xbox and PS4, and suspect this affects PC as well... support and devel are already aware of the issue- unknown when this will be addressed at this time.

Just making this info visible in the right place... refer to the original thread below for more info.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/potential-bug-on-peninsula-corridor.24548/

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Would this bug be temporarily fixable by reinstalling the game without the MP15DC DLC?

3. Stockton Rails

...that’s a good question. I’m pretty sure this would resolve the game issue, since the issue is dependent on having the switcher DLC in place. But you’d lose all progress in the sim as a result of a complete reinstall... unless you planned on restoring your game saved-data after the reinstall.

Finally, if you do plan on restoring your game saved-data, that saved data will carry info on progress related to the switcher DLC- but the DLC will no longer be installed now. Not sure how the game will handle this discrepancy.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  4. TheTipsyRaccoon

I can’t speak for Xbox but I reinstalled the base game and just TVL on the PS4 last week to try to force a buggy trophy to pop and the game still seemed to hold save data on DLC I no longer had installed. For example I had done something like 270 jobs out of 163 on NEC because I hadn’t reinstalled the Amtrak SW1000R DLC. And then having reinstalled the Class 31 on top of that, all my previous saved data was still there. The question is: when was the special train added to the timetable mode, was it within the switcher DLC or was it with the game update that preceded the DLC? If it was the former, then yeah we’ve got an annoying but usable workaround, if it’s the latter, no hope.

Again this is purely PS4 experience, as game data and save data are held independently and you can delete one or the other on its own, I have no idea how Xbox works in that respect.

5. Stockton Rails

...first, I have a PS4 too- I just tagged this thread as Xbox because that’s what the OP’s platform is.

Interesting about the prev game data for a DLC still being retained after reinstalling the core game- and I guess that makes sense, since you didn’t completely blow away all of the game and saved-data before the reinstall. And the double-length Special Train seems to be part of the switcher DLC as far as I can tell... I just re-verified this by checking out a youtube video of the same run before the switcher DLC was released (see link below, 1:27:35 into the video)- no Special Train anywhere in sight.

I think you might be good to go with your reinstall... you could always confirm when the Special Train appeared with support or with other folks here. Good luck... please update the thread on how things work out.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The special train is part of the switcher DLC because it requires the switcher to assemble and disassemble it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stockton Rails

...thanks for confirming this train is part of the switcher DLC. I was pretty sure it was, but always good to get a second opinion in some cases.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTipsyRaccoon

Can confirm this theory to be true now. I’ve reinstalled the base game and just Peninsula Corridor without the additional loco DLC’s and there are no special train services. That effectively fixes this issue now as you can download just the Baby Bullet DLC and do that service before downloading the switcher one.

9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So just what service causes this problem of a stuck red lighted special train?Other then this one service does having the switcher and the baby bullet addon at the same time alway cause problems when useing either one?

10. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yay a bug that will slip through DTG's hands (maybe)

11. Stockton Rails

The problem occurs in the Peninsula Corridor ‘Baby Bullet Journey 143 (San Jose Diridon to San Francisco)’ when you have both Peninsula Corridor and the Caltrain Switcher DLC installed. In this journey, once you get your train up to the 24th Street station in SF, you find the double-length ‘Special Train’ (part of the switcher DLC) dead stopped and blocking the tracks in front of you near the end of the tunnel just after 24th Street.

Not sure- but this could be an issue with where the Special Train gets spawned at the start of the journey, where it might be running a red light. It could also be that this red light (which is shortly after the end of the tunnel after the 24th Street station) should be yellow instead at the start of the journey, which suggests a bug in the switcher dlc. Trying to give you some good info here... check out the original thread using the link at the start of this thread for more info.

P.S. I also opened up a ticket for this as well... support logged the issue, but did not comment on when (or if) this would be resolved.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  12. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

With TSW2 coming I dont think it will be fixed

13. Stockton Rails

...totally get that of course. At least they’re aware of the issue, that’s all I can do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SHINO BAZ

Don't worry with dtg track record i'm sure you or someone will have to fill out a few tickets for tsw2,and don't kid youself into believing tsw2 will be anymore fully tested then any previous tsw route or add on.Let the bugs spillith forth.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHINO BAZ

Just wondering is this curretly the only know issuse the m15dc & baby bullet being downloaded at the same time has?I'll admit asking this kind of question might make anyone who knows the history of this game,fall out of there chair and roll around on the floor laughing hysterically at the idea that this might be these two dlc only problem.

16. Stockton Rails

I of course have no idea what kind of issues we’re all going to be running into when TSW 2 rolls out- but I sure hope the DTG devs and QA dept do a *much* better job of weeding out some of more glaring issues we've seen in TSW 2020- that in some cases actually prevent the player from even completing scenarios, journeys, etc. Will they catch 100% of the bugs- of course not, and I certainly don’t expect that. I’d just like to feel like they’re making significant progress on catching any of the glaring (more serious) issues before they reach players.

I’m giving them a chance, in my mind anyway, to get things right with TSW 2... let’s hope they make the most of it.

17. SHINO BAZ

I'm at least hoping when tsw3 comes out next august that dtg will have learned from both tsw/tsw2020&tsw2 how to take all the elements of a game and get them done correctly(including before release testing and after release fixing).Will see if they have learned anything for tsw2 but they have to prove that they will not be pulling a stunt like with tsw2020 and just abandoning a game because fixing it isn't profitalbe,we as consumers have to have a limit to how many times we allow this.dtg has got this kind of game market all to themselves right now but if they don't start getting it right soon some other game publisher might see a opening a ponce.

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Does anyone know of this is fixed in TSW 2 yet?