Will There Be Pre-orders For Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by casper613, Aug 4, 2020.

1. casper613

casper613 New Member

Was interested in pre-ordering, does anyone know if we will be able to pre-order? Thanks!

2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no pre-order

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Not true Sam said on today's stream that will be more info to come on that next week possibly

• Like Like x 1
  4. fanta1682002

have pre-order is very good

• Like Like x 2
  5. hightower

hightower Guest

Did they not talk (at the very beginning) about a possible discount for existing TSW owners, or was I imagining it?

If it was the case then I imagine that would probably form some sort of pre-order.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

When was this said in the stream?

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They did briefly mention they were looking into the possibility of discounts and we’d be informed close to the release date if there were any.

• Like Like x 2
  8. fanta1682002

HAVE discounts IS VERY GOOD

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Newbury

Yes you did hear that correctly, they did hint at discounts of some type for existing owners.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Michael Newbury

I do not remember a what point in yesterdays stream Sam mentioned it but it was mentioned.

11. hightower

hightower Guest

Thought so. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. fanta1682002

14. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

It looks like the additional discount for owning TSW1 is 5% (on top of the 10% pre-order discount for anyone).

15. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

25% would be a minimum for people who bought around 100 bucks or more for tsw1...

16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

TBH, 3 routes for approximately the same price we usually get 1 seems like a good deal to me. We can't be asking DTG to add more details (like the working PIS, time boards, etc), improve the scheduler, make perfect implementations of the safety systems, etc ... and then tell them that we don't want to pay for it.

My only concern is that they manage to deliver the software with no major bugs, and that's what I'm looking after at the moment. The price is more than OK to me if they deliver the software with no gamebreaking bugs.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Take it or leave it ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I would snag it right away

19. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

+100

Can't be asking (in some cases complaining about features missing) to have this and that in the game, but at the end not wanting to pay for the work.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I tried a question about Dtgs quality policies. Not a very clear answer I'm afraid. I think once TSW2 is there, we should help Dtg with a quality checklist new DLC should adhere to. It may comprise simple rules like "Each scenario can be completed", all a announced collectables are present and can be reached and a few more basic things. This will not prevent all bugs and it does not say anything about if we will like what is created, but at least it should work well enough to be playable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

With all due respect these are the simple things DTG should be doing themselves before releasing anything.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I fully agree. reality is bit different right now and some constructive help from the community may help. We should avoid saying a DLC is bad if the wiper sound in dry tunnels is not implemented properly (nobody said this in reality, it's an extreme example to make the point clear). We really must try to get a common view on what really matters and what is nice to have.

• Like Like x 1
  23. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I've been reading this forum for months now and I'm genuinely baffled by how the word "bug" is used here. According to the "consensus" all DLCs are full of bugs, there is no testing, etc. Then I see stream after stream where different people play this immersion-breaking game without any major issues. Some seem to enjoy the gameplay.

In my "dictionary" a bug is something that is not working as intended. E.g. if the catenary is different, but they intended to be different, then it is not a bug. A scenario that cannot be completed without uninstalling part of the game is a bug.

All this said it is a good idea to start a thread, and see a consensus for what a good DLC* would look like according to the community. For me, a good DLC which gives me at least 10 hours of enjoyable gameplay. I don't want anything to crash, and all game-imposed objectives should be achievable (with or without practice). I particularly like the journeys as they give a good variety and opportunity to learn.
    (* TSW2 will come with 3 DLCs in my interpretation.)

• Like Like x 1
  24. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

TBH afaik I only encountered 3 bugs that I ever played TSW:
    1) Spotter buttons not working, for which i posted an easy work-around.
    2) There was a weird glitch with consists having a spasm (in same scenario as spotter buttons, and in the same post i give easy fix),
    3) Sometimes my character gets trouble to walk through an open door (behind the driver seat on ac4400 and 40-2, and 38), I just laugh it off as "he needs to get more fit". No issue with the "front" door though.

NONE of these "bugs" I consider as "game-breaking" and have always enjoyed the game =)

• Like Like x 1