More Love For Xbox Ps4?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Jul 26, 2020.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Sam said a few weeks ago that console outnumbers PC players by huge amounts but it seems that console owners are treated as poor cousins when it comes to Steam sales,etc. The weekly streams are never on consoles for a start and the bugs haven't got fixed - Miles Platting/Special train stuck at SF station on Peninsular Corridor. Let's hope TSW2 changes the narrative. Anyone beat Level 445????

• Like Like x 3
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Well when it comes to sales its very hard to get them with xbox that's why on steam you see so many as it's allot easier to do when it comes to the streams it could just depend on what the streamer has available so its more likely to be a pc

3. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

Simulators are seen as more of a PC thing anyway. I was very surprised to see a rail simulator on XBox at all, but I am impressed that DTG made such solid controls for an input with so few buttons.

For good or bad, I don't see that stereotype going away soon. It'll always be adventures, shooters and racing games that take centre stage with consoles.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really hope the controller controls can be thought out better. There is so much potential. For example, you could have multi-layered controls. This means you could have your standard controls (less one or two buttons that are used for secondary and/or tertiary controls).

My vision is that in standard mode for example, the L1/L2 triggers control brakes and R1/R2 triggers control throttle. But if you hold X whilst using L1/L2 or R1/R2 the triggers increase/decrease AFB. Doing this you could set one of the triggers for sand, too.

This vision extends to the horn. Whilst holding X left stick up is high horn, left stick down is low horn. But in standard mode (no button pressed) left stick up/down controls zoom. Pressing and holding another button, e.g. O could allow the sticks to continue manipulating the reverser forwards and backwards.

Hopefully the community likes where I’m coming from. Yes, it’ll make the controller more complicated to use, but we would soon get used to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yes there's a lot that could be achieved- just let us remap the controls- Elite Dangerous does it that way and works pretty well IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I agree

But to holding X, firstly, you have to push X. And if you push X (at first touch) you'll swap between the braking type.
    To add advanced contol feature DTG have to change the "basic" control system and use (and lose) at least 1 dorsal trigger (LB or RB) to add a combo command (or advanced) system. Where the player via options menu can swap (choice) between standars/basic or advanced/combo controller system. And obviously in both case there will be pro and cons (e.g. in advanced system you'll can't use anymore LB to reduce/release the brake).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  7. friskey.marcedes

Thought I had got this off my chest just to see 15% pre order discount for loyal steam owners! I repeat my question any love for the (majority) of us console owners...no doubt DTG are about to give us a 20% discount and I will look such a fool....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Knightfire1964

If you have watched the stream they have discussed about this if I'm right I do remeber getting a discount when tsw 2020 came out and they gave a discount for when I was a founders edition player on xbox

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Although why they can't manage to release preorder on consoles at the same time is beyond me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Knightfire1964

Its not as easy as it is I play a different game and it took ages for the devs to get ps4 pre orders out. They have to get the discount to work correctly which isn't easy to do seeing you have to keep talking to 2 different company's all which have different ways of doing things

11. friskey.marcedes

With the infinite powers of computers today 24.99 x15% must be tricky...as a Game Pass user who has spent over £100 on DLC I won't be getting that big discount anyway!

12. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I just want pre orders because
    1)I want to feel special
    2)Wouldn't it just downloaded automatically while Im asleep when release
    3)I want to feel special

• Like Like x 2
  13. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I want the pre orders too, but to make myself feel special I went to the big man in the sky and stole his throne by punching him in the balls, I'm feeling pretty special and epic now, so now just waiting for the pre orders to start, hopefully won't be too long lol.

14. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah can't be that long

15. friskey.marcedes

Just heard the news about no pre-orders for xbox or PS4 but an announcement on Friday to explain why - despite us being in the majority we are treated as 2nd class train passengers...how silly will I look when DTG announce that they will be making amends by making the game free for loyal console owners...

16. Knightfire1964

Not to fussed about getting pre orders for the game just hope we can get some form of discount at least I'm sure on Friday they will talk about why they have gone through this and I'm sure it will be a valid reason as to why there are no pre orders

• Like Like x 1
  17. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If there's no preorder, then there must be a discount like Steam. I've seen many games that have a discount at launch for a few days. The functionality is there and I don't know why it's taking so long for a preorder to show up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not bothered about pre-ordering but I’ll be expecting a discount of 15% to show that I am of equal standing to the PC customers. I’d settle for biscuits to a minimum value of £3.75 sending to my home address instead, if that’s technically easier than applying the discount. Milk Chocolate Hobnobs please.

• Like Like x 4
  19. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I think the pre-order sale for PC is more about customer loyalty than it being the majority of players or not. DTG have been, up until recently, completely funded by PC users for the past 10+ years. With regard to TSW, some people like myself have been investing in it ever since the beta in 2016. However, that's not to say that consoles shouldn't get a discount either.

20. LucasLCC

Surely customer loyalty is based on spend (no point being a customer for 10 years if you've only purchased one item for example). Console users generally pay more than PC users as a result of there not being as many sales throughout the year, therefore working on your logic of loyalty, console players should have a bigger discount.

What should actually have happened is that DTG released the pre-orders on all three platforms on the same day. DTG blames consoles for the lack of editors "in the interest of all being equal", but then they do this which isn't equal... They really need to keep their story straight.

• Like Like x 1
  21. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

My only concern is that with no console footage of TSW2 available whatsoever you can't help but feel that something is amiss with these 'lesser' versions. Much as I'm looking forward to the new release, as an X1X owner the very last thing I want is another low (visual) quality game that takes absolutely no advantage of the console's extra performance so it would be nice to see if that is indeed the case.

• Like Like x 1
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Funded? You make it sound like a hospice or donkey sanctuary (although the latter is partly true for TSW). If PC users were to get a discount for having more than £200 worth of TS DLC as well as TSW then it might be the case that it’s about long service to the company but the preorder bit of the discount is purely for buying it before release (Available to first time DTG customers also) and the loyalty bit is for owning only TSW. So it must be something else.

23. volvolover1972

Many PC players have thousands of dollars invested in the original Train Simulator from DTG which then facilitated the development of the original TSW:CSX Heavy Haul game.

Of course there’s something else. It’s called Steam vs Sony and Microsoft. Steam gives publishers essentially unlimited freedom on when, how, and for how much a product is on sale for. Sony and Microsoft however have to approve any sales and when and how they occur.

• Like Like x 1
  24. LucasLCC

You make a huge assumption that no console player has ever purchased TS for the PC. I certainly have.

However, TS and TSW are two very separate games. TSW2 loyality is rightfully based off TSW and not TS.

Also, I imagine there's very few people who have spent thousands on TS...

I still have yet to see any logic from you that actually makes any sense...

25. Knightfire1964

no i see what volvolover1972 is meaning and please can we make this civil for once in this forum or is this a big ask

26. LucasLCC

I also fail to see what hasn't been civil in my response?

And what do you see he is meaning, because I don't see it?

27. volvolover1972

Of course there is no way of DTG knowing who owned what on which platform in order to determine arbitrary loyalty to them. My logic stems from the social media posts about the Steam preorder and discount which said "small measure of thanks to railfans who have been with us from the start". What exactly "the start" is can be interpreted different obviously. Is it just since TSW 2020 launched? TSW CSX Heavy Haul? Or possibly going back to the pre-TSW days with original TS? Of course none of this matters since it’s clear the only reason consoles aren’t getting a discount is a logistical reason that is out of DTG's control. FYI, I’m not trying to justify any opinion of mine on the matter.

28. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I asked Matt the question last week as to whether using my Xbox game pass whether I can use my dlc on the pc game pass version too. All linked to same account and available on both. I’ve recently joined the pc crowd