PlayStation 15% Discount With Pre-ordering On Steam (pc), So... How About Us??

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OnlyMe1909, Aug 6, 2020.

1. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Read the DTG announcement on facebook. Sam himself said that console users are the bulk of TSW customers. So come on DTG, do us right and offer us the same discount !!

• Like Like x 4
  2. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

There's still 2 weeks, I'm sure something will happen before then. You still won't get the game any quicker!

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

As it states on Twitter more news to come about discounts for consoles

• Like Like x 1
  4. MBTA

MBTA New Member

I was about to make the same thread. What gives?

5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

It most likely because of spg that they get a discount.Because they only really get 2 routes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. longo239

Everyone is currently being offered a 10% pre order discount on Steam, regardless of ownership of TSW2020. There's an extra 5%for current owners.

7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

To be honest I really do want to save money by getting a preorder

8. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

DTG have said announcements for console pre-orders will be coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

they have given pre order discounts to console user i got a discount when i got train sim world 2 it's just it takes time and steam is allot more easier to do things like these compared to the xbox and playstation store

10. davehard24

davehard24 New Member

I think they will offer some kind of pre order discount for the consoles, but like other people have said it takes longer to implement on the store than steam, I didn't know they are doing a digital deluxe version with - Train Sim World® 2: East Coastway: Brighton - Eastbourne & Seaford Route.

11. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Your question has been answered, sams just confirmed in the live stream that consoles will NOT be getting a pre-order discount. Further details TBC during fridays Q&A

• Like Like x 1
  12. OnlyMe1909

I saw the stream. Definite no to pre-order. I'm not totally rulling out a discount for TSW owners. We'll have certainty on friday

13. jasonpfc

As ive said on my facebook group, im not particually that bothered about no pre-order, or even a discount, sure it would be nice, but i think £25 is generally a good price

• Like Like x 2
  14. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

when it comes to pre-orders on console it's out of DTG's control it's up to Sony and Microsoft

• Like Like x 1
  15. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Not true. Many games on these platforms have preorders - big and small games. They also can set a preorder price discount on consoles. Some games even have a discount for the first few days it is released on console.

Will PS4 and Xbox One get a discount like Steam? We will find out soon and hopefully that answer is yes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I have noticed on the pre-order information screen that the EMD GP40-2 is not on the preserved collection?. May I ask why if anyone can clarify that for me?, Maybe Sam?. Anyways it would have been nice to include the GP40-2 with Sand Patch grade in TSW 2.

17. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I’d really (really) be interested in purchasing this loco if DTG ever made it available as a standalone purchase for the PS4 (hint, hint DTG). Do you currently have the GP40-2 in your sim, and did you get this as a bonus loco from Steam (along with the other bonus cars)? It looks like this loco is still available from the Microsoft site as well, but I think without the bonus cars.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  18. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

It was explained by Matt to Sam that the GP40 won't make it like the AC64 because they were made in the old way as part of the NEC route. The NEC route and rolling stock made for it won't be part of the preserved collect because of this. As Matt put it, the content has too much baggage.

19. OnlyMe1909

I also think the price is ok as is, but for me it's about the principle. If you give a discount, it should apply to ALL customers over all platforms. Giving it to only a part of customers is discrimination

• Like Like x 1
  20. longo239

I fully agree that everyone should get the discount, so much for DTG insisting everyone is treated equally.

However playing Devil's Advocate, you could look at it like console users are getting more than PC users with 3 entirely new routes, in comparison with 2 plus an old rehashed one for the PC.

So, maybe they think that £2.50 extra for consoles isn't much extra to pay for a brand new route which normally has an RRP of £24.99, that's a 90% discount in itself.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

That’s a shame but I’m not surprised, it’s very rare we get pre-order discounts, I think NTP had it.. could be wrong. I was always going to buy it anyway, £25 for three new routes is not to be sniffed at. It’s a bargain, I would have happily paid more.

22. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Thank you both for the clarification. But if in the future DTG has the textures for the GP40-2 and the sounds, Might they make a new one in the future?. And Stockton Rails I own TSW 2020 on Xbox and bought the GP40-2 via the original digital deluxe edition released in july 2018. I would have loved to see this as an extra train for use of sand patch grade. Maybe in the future DTG may make a new one but as it stands I think it is unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Although those buying TSW2 on steam who don't have TSW get a 10% discount. So they're getting three routes too, but at a discounted price.

24. longo239

Fair point. I agree it's unfair to those with consoles.

25. Knightfire1964

I still think we will I got a discount when I upgraded from founders edition to the 2020 version as I remeber getting the deluxe edition so we still could get a discount just have to wait and see on Friday whats happening about it

26. Michael Newbury

Sam said on yesterday's stream that there would be no discount for console users

27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If that is true then there should not be a discount for PC users either. Until I see an official post here on the forum or on the website, I’ll assume they are doing their level best to avoid console players being treated less favourably than PC players. Currently, some PC players have two discounts stacked on top of each other versus all console players having zero discounts. That can’t be right. That’s a double whammy smack in the chops if it remains the case.

• Like Like x 6
  28. Michael Newbury

I myself was shocked when I heard Sam say that I thought to myself that cannot be right. I agree with that there should be a discount for console users as well.

I guess console users will have to wait until Friday's Q&A to get a better explanation as to why there will be no discount.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Knightfire1964

agh oh well thanks for saying I didn't know that I have managed to get the game for free so I'm not losing any money really if it was still to have discount anyway when its £25 its not much of discount all you save is over 3 quid

• Like Like x 2
  30. LucasLCC

I was under the impression he said no preorder, as opposed to no discount...

Two completely different things.

Not having a preorder isn't a major thing, but not having a discount is really wrong. It should be all or nothing. But once again silence from DTG on the forum. This should have been answered and put to bed by now...

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. jasonpfc

Yep i agree, im sure it was no pre order, apposed to no discount, this should be answered already, if it was answered now, it will stop both streams getting spammed with, why is, or why isnt etc.

Just to re-itterate my view, yes some sort of discount would be nice, but im sure im not going to miss an extra £3-£5

• Like Like x 1
  32. Knightfire1964

Yeah I thought I was going mad as I was sure he did say that there was no pre oder but that they would talk about discounts ect on Friday

33. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d be disappointed if console players don’t get a discount like PC Players. There has to be fair and level playing field. That said, my £24.99 is still burning a hole in my pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Knightfire1964

Yeah for me I'm lucky that I can get it free as I have earned loads of points by GAME so the day before it comes out I'm gonna get a gift card worth £25 for the xbox store and then buy the game that way

• Like Like x 2
  35. LucasLCC

I think a lot of us agree with you. The discount is nice from a financial point of view, but it won't stop us buying.

It's more the principle that either all platforms have a discount or no platforms have a discount. I still have faith that there will be a discount and we will find out on Friday, however it's a little disappointing that they couldn't have done a quick update on their forum or via Dovetail Live.

• Like Like x 4
  36. jasonpfc

Yes i agree, everybody should be equal, i mean that was the new 'direction' they were taking, when it came to DLC release time etc, i dont really see why consoles user have to wait untill friday, when a quick clarification message on the forums somewhere is just as good. Unless there is still final details to be confirmed on this, i dont see any point in having to wait untill friday.

Im still buying it regardless of price, as a brit, yeah sure the LU is appealing, but SPG is my first go to upon release

• Like Like x 1
  37. davehard24

davehard24 New Member

I think as a console player that we like to be treated equally with the pc guys. No pre order isn't a major thing but some kind of token gesture towards this group of players would be nice. Guess we will just have to see what happens.

• Like Like x 3
  38. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Well, something is gonna happen for us, what I don't know.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  39. Knightfire1964

Again will just have to wait and see what they say on Friday they may even give us an update tomorrow who knows

• Like Like x 1
  40. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...timely info on this, thanks much!

• Like Like x 1
  41. LucasLCC

It's been confirmed on discord that pre-order will not be coming to consoles. However no news on the discount until tomorrow's stream.

I still can't fathom why they won't just release this information timely and officially...

42. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

No news is bad news I bet. I would have thought good news could be released as soon as it’s available

• Like Like x 1
  43. septafan

septafan Active Member

Console will have a 15% discount for the first Two weeks

• Like Like x 1
  44. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

If you order TSW2 from inside the TSW2020 store ie the store in the game NOT the Playstation store you get the discount.

Also, the first 100 buyers get a free pair of Matthew's eared headphones.*

* full disclosure - I made that bit up.

• Like Like x 3