Tsw2 Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Jun 10, 2020.

1. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good tsw2 dlc

• Like Like x 2
  2. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I didn’t do much research about the new MSFS but I think the big change in the scenery is that they use the map and satelite data from Bing. Then they apply some machine learning to recognise buildings and trees, etc. If that is true, than it is great for scenery from the distance as it is still 3D but with generic detail only. For cities it is quite “simple”, because people take photos and upload it to the cloud. That is how google can make quite realistic 3D models.

That said, the amount of streetview you get for railways is about zero. Though there are cab view videos, but those are not owned by MS. But let’s say they could generate all the railway maps. Here people nitpick the caternary design, the number of sleepers, and basically anything you can think of. All those machine generated maps are full of inaccuracies (usually referred as bugs on this forum).

I don’t see how another company could do better maps by simply automaticcaly generating scenery. If they need to go over every scenery and manually adjust it, then they just lost the advantage. I wish it would be possible, but don’t get your hopes too high. It would be great, but it won’t happen any time soon. Probably a GTA with real city maps.

3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The reason that MSFS is able to look so good is because the heavy lifting for scenery, maps, clouds and skies is done by a few hundred million bucks worth of cloud infrastructure and processing. It looks absolutely stunning, and worth it. I thought the water in Sea of Thieves was better than any other in-game ocean ever - uses the "same" technology.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yeah, they spent around 1 year making the water look as it does, and finding a way to synchronize it so everyone in the server sees the same waves. Amazing. It's my favorite non-sim game atm.

5. fanta1682002

msfs is very good game

6. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

To add to the discussion:

I have bought MSFS because it just looks too promising to skip.
    I will be busy with it for a while at launch and have therefore decided to postpone my purchase of TSW2.

The main factor to that choice being that I wanted to wait and see if TSW2 can follow up on the promises as well as being curious to the first reviews and how the whole 'preserved collection' thing will play out.

If all is received well, I will possibly jump on the train as well.

Main constraint is going to be time though.
    So many games and so little time...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. fanta1682002

i like train game

• Like Like x 1
  8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I shall buy and play both “as my whimsy takes me”.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

If you know anything about flight sims, you will know that Microsoft FS 2020 is the biggest leap forward in flight simming in years... it really and massively will alter how flight sims will be made in the future.
    That said... good luck to flight simmers and train simmers regardless on the 20th.

• Like Like x 2
  10. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

If you know anything about flight sims you know they can be very demanding and stressful at times.
    Time then for a peaceful meander through the countryside without having to worry about height, direction, windshear,
    mixture settings, trim, ATC, IFR, etc..

As you travel through life's many byways remember to stop and eat the flowers....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Very peaceful until...

SIFA... SIFA... Zwanbremsung! Zwanbremsung!

• Like Like x 4
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Who wants to hear my baseless speculation?

There will be an announcement soon that a deluxe edition of TSW2 will be available and it will include a Japanese route. We know that there is a focus on high speed this year so it could be a high speed Japanese route. I can’t think of any off the top of my head right now, hmmm.... or a commuter route, but definitely Japanese.

Please note... this is speculation on my part but not entirely based on nothing. Let’s just call it a hunch. The last hunch I had turned out to be way off, so no promises.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Have you heard any rumour or speculation from others to make you think this?

14. fanta1682002

tsw2 have japan route?

• Like Like x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nope. Purely my own speculation. The only bit of info I have used is a reply Sam gave to someone on here, and I have read between the lines, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. The Japanese component is my own hunch. There have been no other people involved in this, just me and my brain.

• Like Like x 3
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not yet but maybe one day.

17. fanta1682002

china peopel make japan route?

18. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Just noticed this on the steamdb:
    • Changed Store Release Date20 August 2020 › 21 August 2020
    This is while the main steam page still says that the game is coming out on August 20th. Can some please verify if the release date is still August 20th????

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/history/

EDIT 7/8/2020 8:46: Forget what i just said, was just changed back to August 20th, so carry on.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

You were right!

20. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

That would be nice if we could change the position and eventually the size of the HUD . I want to take advantage of my 34" screen :D

21. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Why not make is FSX style?
    Have the HUD in a separate window which can be dragged onto a second screen so the HUD does not block anything :D

• Like Like x 2
  22. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Back to speculations. What do you think about WCML? Besides of Bakerloo DTG built a lot of WCML stuff as scenary. Even because of that DTG put a lot of work in that and can use it for a future WCML route.

• Like Like x 5
  23. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I have always thought Crewe to Liverpool would be a good route. I wonder where they would end it at the bottom end, maybe Milton Keynes I suppose. Watford would be too short and Rugby is an awkward place to end the route, I think quite a lot of services don't stop there, or didn't in the past.

• Like Like x 3
  24. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Depends if they have the licenses

• Like Like x 1
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Today’s TSW2 article was about bridges. Crewe to Liverpool has the fantastic bridges at Runcorn and the approach to Lime Street in the cutting under all the road bridges (Penny Lane being one of them, Beatles fans) and that’s what I thought of when I was reading the article. It’s the perfect section of WCML for TSW2 and has two great logical end points.

• Like Like x 2
  26. theorganist

Maybe it is an omen. I remember when Rail Simulator was being released they had a poll of routes and I think Crewe to Liverpool came second to Newcastle to York which become the BR blue route in the original Rail Simulator so I think it would be popular, I personally would have preferred it to Newcastle to York but that is another story.

• Like Like x 2
  27. theorganist

Give me an Intercity or BR blue AC electric and class 47 and a class 304 and I would be happy and to heck with licences!

• Like Like x 2