Ts2020

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bandichops871, Aug 15, 2020.

1. bandichops871

bandichops871 New Member

What British train would you personally recommend? It can be from any website. I'm just bored of the default trains aha. (TS2020)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

The Weardale and Teesdale Network in the '60s is the first route I drove in TS and remains my favourite. It's big, has lots of potential for all sorts of workings, evokes the sparse beauty of rural County Durham (where I live) ably and comes with a decent selection of (Diesel) locomotives and rolling stock. In spite of it's name it would pass pretty well for any time from Nationalization to the start of the BR Corporate Blue era, and probably a bit earlier if you can turn a blind eye to some of the details, so you could run all the Diesel scenarios into the ground then fill it with kettles and drive in the steam era.

3. bandichops871

bandichops871 New Member

Thanks!

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The answer to this is very much dependent on what routes you have...

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Agreed. I kind of assumed that the OP only had Southampton from TS2020 which as far as I'm aware is just a commuter route as it comes and I don't know what else it offers for running different trains. That's why I suggested a route- the W&T does come with a decent collection of rolling stock but it also offers plenty of things to do with that rolling stock.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020