Train Sim World 2 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The road map looks impressive lots of info of what is to come, and I like what I see so far especially with more routes to come.

• Like Like x 6
  2. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

So it is, my bad. Still, all very exciting.

3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well this certainly looks exciting. I am surprised and pleased that the class 313 is coming and the Faversham route, still an enjoyable route for TS1, I wonder if the Sheerness branch will be included.

Great to see other countries getting a look in too, I was hoping for a TGV route in particular.

I think the road map is a great idea, in the past when things have gone quiet you just start to wonder if anything is going on behind the scenes. It will be good to keep track of progress also.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Alexdertrainspotter

Alexdertrainspotter New Member

5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Mostly UP freight I think with an occasional Amtrak.

• Like Like x 4
  6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

77182D82-DC21-467C-A6C2-3D48D4B9AE35.jpeg
    that Cane creek route add on in planning..has me so excited! Dovetail, I get excited when you tease the front of a locomotive in a picture, or tease some railroad tracks. You just hit me with about 1000X more excitement with all of this info, obviously everything is subject to change. I am so happy to be able to see what I can look forward to months from now in TSW2. Great job and what a great thing this roadmap is as it will give us on the forums plenty to speculate and discuss. Thanks dovetail games!

• Like Like x 12
  7. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Looks like Christmas came early. But of course as it has been mentioned, it's a LIVE roadmap. Things might get changed/added/pushed back, but so far it looks really promising. Goes to show DTG do listen, things just take time. Future looks much more promising this time.

• Like Like x 10
  8. hightower

hightower Guest

I see no mention of any work being done to the core of the game, which I thought was the point of moving onto the newer version of UE4 in the first place.

No dynamic or real world weather, no new skies, no changes to lighting, no improvement in shadow draw distance, no scalable graphics options (as in TS2020), no ability to select the actual date rather than a season etc etc etc.

Is this an omission (deliberate or not) or are DTG actually now happy with the standard of the core game?

It’s probably pretty obvious that I’m not.

• Like Like x 6
  9. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I really can't wait for this & to use the loco on penn corridor

• Like Like x 1
  10. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I meant, will the current preserved route work will the 313 on tsw 2?

11. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I like the Roadmap I am looking forward to the 313 and the Faversham route!!

12. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The intention is to provide fixes to both games, however we won't know the detail here until it's past the planning stage.

The core team are working on Preserved Collection at present. Once they've completed this work they'll move onto the next task.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. DTG Protagonist

The Class 313 is for TSW2 only. Yes, it will run on the Preserved East Coastway route.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. Kenobe

Kenobe New Member

LGV Marseille-Avigon, Munich-Ausburg, London to Faversham... I can't wait for it to come out !

• Like Like x 7
  15. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

TSW 2 ONLY:

With the 313 coming, can you confirm if any bug fixes or improvements will come to the ECW route?

• Like Like x 2
  16. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

That’ll do me for now!

17. DTG Protagonist

As it's a Preserved Collection route, it's Preserved only.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. ronaldix

ronaldix Active Member

DTG Protagonist Could you suggest to the devs for the Marseille-Avignon route to make the TGV EuroDuplex numbered 47** that is able to run in germany and has PZB and LZB systems, so we could also use it on the german routes with the safety systems enabled.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The roadmap looks really good, many interesting additions to the game. Some fixes to the old content. Overall positive impression.

The only minor gripe I'd have is the feeling a lot of rolling stock gets recycled/reused/changed slightly and thrown in again. With that many new routes, you'd expect a HUGE expansion of locos. But in the planning, you have ICE3 (a slight change compared to ICE3M), BR 423 (a slight change compared to 425), Dash-8 with a wide cab (a relatively similar locomotive to AC4400CW), 182 used again, AC4400 used again, SD40-2 used again... TWICE. Don't get me wrong, it's still a new content and we've seen such approach before, but I still can't get rid of the idea adding some version of SD70 or ET-44 instead of Dash-8, having ICE1 added instead of ICE3, 420 instead of 423 (this one might not be route accurate, I don't remember the Augsburg - München stock 100 %), Clinchfield with U36 instead of SD40, Cane Creek with different locos etc. would bring a lot more variety to the game and scenario planner as well.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

I seriously hope that A. The 313's sounds are bang on and B. The 465's as well

• Like Like x 3
  21. hightower

hightower Guest

Which is......?

22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You’ll have to wait until the Road Map is updated. We should be seeing updates every two weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

hey just wanted to point out the colour is off on all of the photos when you see it on tsw 2020 of the dovetail live article here are screenshots. the upcoming photo of the board the led is just displayed blue Train Sim World® 2020 (3).png Train Sim World® 2020 (4).png

• Like Like x 3
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Talent 2 is also blue, not red.

25. palme111100

palme111100 Active Member

Not wanting to contribute to the discussion of the content of the roadmap, I just want to put out a big thank you to DTG for going in this direction of being more open to the community and giving us some insights. Just thank you. :cool:

• Like Like x 12
  26. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

I think there’s a note about that at the bottom of the article when viewed within TSW?

27. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i know its little but all the passengers clothing is different and the led i'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be blue and the signs by the platform numbers

• Like Like x 1
  28. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

No freaking way the LGV with the Duplex will be available ! As an SNCF employee I’m more than happy with that surprise !

• Like Like x 7
  29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There’s a smurf sitting on a bench.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s still only in planning yet. It might get canned yet.

• Like Like x 4
  31. hightower

hightower Guest

I appreciate that. It’s a question of priority I suppose. What’s more important? Being able to play content that you’ve already played to death and can still play in TSW1 being brought into TSW2 in pretty much exactly the same way (bugs and all), or improvements to the actual game so that everything new that comes post TSW2 is so much better than what’s come before it? I would vote for the latter every single time.

Imagine popping out of the tunnels on the Bakerloo line into a thunderstorm with volumetric clouds and variable adhesion, that then passes overhead into a clear day with drying tracks. Or the alternative DTG have gone with....getting to start GWE or West Somerset from the beginning again but being able to access it from the TSW2 menu?

There is literally no debate to be had.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  32. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

Hey Sam now after the Dash 8W y’all hopefully can add in the SD70ACe-T4 or the GEVOs

• Like Like x 1
  33. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m sure as DTG Protagonist said, once the core team have updated all the preserved collection, they’ll be freed up to do other work. I’m confident DTG want the game to be as good as it can be, but sadly they can’t do everything at once.

• Like Like x 11
  34. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That does sound pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  35. hightower

hightower Guest

I know! My point is what is more pressing? I’d far rather see the game bettered first, then old content (that I can still play in TSW1) brought into TSW2.

TSW2 could have been a new dawn that had a single major change at launch that really showed intent going forward. Instead it’s the same blummin’ game with the promise that things might get better at some undefined point in the future.

36. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

To be fair though, the preserved collection steps being taken was more or less demanded by the community. I think DTG realised they got it wrong by excluding that content initially. Given it hasn’t taken long to get part of the preserved collection into TSW2 for launch, I reckon it won’t take a huge amount of time before the team is ready to get cracking on new stuff. We just have to patient, but I do get where you are coming from.

• Like Like x 8
  37. hightower

hightower Guest

Let’s hope so. 3 years and hundreds of £‘s in to this, my patience is beginning to wear a bit thin, ‘tis all.

38. auhron

auhron New Member

Thanks for giving us a preview of what is coming, much appreciated. I'm especially looking forward to more German routes and the TGV personally.

Maybe you could add a Wikipedia Link for the locos and routes where possible? I'm not expert on all those models, yeah I can just mark the text and click google search, but it still might be a nice to have info/feature for people?

Is there a chance that you'll communicate feature additions (if there are any) in the future as well? Talking about the displays on train stations for other routes for example, you mentioned that they are coming, right? (for the new routes aside from London underground).

• Like Like x 2
  39. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Still working my way through the scenarios in Clinchfield for TS (a terrific route) so fascinated to see how it will look like when upgraded in TSW2. Bringing some of the best routes over from TS to TSW2 is not a bad idea. Wonder if there's a long term plan......?

40. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Yeah, everyone went mad when it was announced as a new game and not an update, so I understand why they’ve done it this way.

• Like Like x 3
  41. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

I think if they didn't include preserved collection in TSW2 they would have been somewhat damned to be honest. Not everyone will have the space to have both games installed and certainly far fewer would be happy with such a notion whether they have the space or not. I'm happy they're bringing the preserved collection forward as a matter of priority. However, we do really need some core gameplay updates to prove that TSW2 was actually worth being called TSW2 and I sincerely hope that they do release some details for such updates in the not too distant future via the roadmap. Let's have a little patience with DTG's new found attitude.

• Like Like x 8
  42. hightower

hightower Guest

It wouldn’t be beyond the realms of human endeavour to simply uninstall each DLC from TSW1 as it was released as ‘preserved‘ for TSW2. No space issues doing it this way. All TSW2 is at the moment is essentially 2 new routes and an updated oldie.

I accept that I might be on my own here, but I would be prepared to bet a lot of money on the fact that had DTG said “guys and girls, your old content is coming but we felt it was important to really update the game first. To that end, the new content you’ll be getting in TSW2 and every new DLC developed specifically for that platform will have the option for both real-world and fictional dynamic weather to complement this wonderful new sky system” there would have been many more units of TSW2 pre-ordered than there have been. I would also bet another equal sum on the fact that had they said “because of the resources needed to develop this proper step forward TSW2 will retail at £40” literally no one would have batted an eyelid.

43. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I think it’s awesome that we now have visibility into DTG’s production pipeline- and kudos to them for making it happen. I checked out the entire list and I’m pretty excited about some of the new routes and locos currently on it... looking forward to those biweekly updates too- I’ll be watching out for those!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody cares about what routes and trains are coming because there’s an argument about the ruddy weather.

All the core improvements have been worked on BEFORE the game was released. Now it’s content time. Making routes and trains for people who want to drive trains on routes, whatever the weather. That’s all in the roadmap. Hurrah for the roadmap.

• Like Like x 7
  45. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

I don’t disagree, if anything I’d have preferred it if they’d taken a few more months to get some extra core gameplay mechanics to truly prove the worth of the title instead of rushing ahead and announcing it well before it seemed to be anywhere near a finished product. That said, the roadmap is still a step in the right direction and therefore worthy of a little bit of praise. I can understand why patience is running thin for people that have heavily invested in this franchise but we should still give credit where credit is due. This is a step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 3
  46. hightower

hightower Guest

No one is arguing about the weather, and no one is dissing the concept of the roadmap. If you can’t see the discussion that’s being had here, and the point(s) that are being made then that’s on you. The rest of us are perfectly entitled to ask these questions, to make these points and will continue to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  47. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

Great to see that far ahead what is planned.
    And I hope you will also extend list of countries where routes come from. psst Asia (Thumbs up for France and Swiss routes)

• Like Like x 1
  48. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Looking good! Quite excited about the Dash 8 add-on (maybe including a Conrail livery, pretty please???), and the Clinchfield route with the F7A/B- this is the first historical US route! With it also including the SD40-2, I'm guessing mid-70's timeframe??

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

There are some good routes and locos on this roadmap. F-units are a good idea. I wish we could get some more classic engines (including steam locos). I'd also like Alco diesels (RS3s, PAs, FAs, RSD15s, etc.), FM Trainmasters, SD7/9s, Baldwin diesels (Sharknose, Centipede, etc.), and EMD E-units.

• Like Like x 4
  50. Amax

Amax Active Member

are we going to have more Swiss lines?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.