Train Sim World 2 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

They said it will come with an AC4400CW, (and another SD40-2 :() so I would say UP.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll have the Metro-Camell ones. If they have thw ABB/BREL ones they might reuse the 395 sounds like they did in TS.
    Then why are you so angry that Preserved DLC aren't getting heavy upgrades?
    The only PS4/XB1 game that I know of that has good 3D clouds is No Man's Sky, which crashes significantly more than TSW ever has and has planets that are beautiful but completely empty of life.
    Already added...
    So you'd rather not being able to play your old DLC in TSW1 for dynamic weather on a route that mostly is underground? It's barely a feature in RailWorks, and you seem to be asking for Driveclub to be remade as a train game.
    You aren't losing any money. All of your progress is still there, as is the DLC you bought.

• Like Like x 7
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

DB BR 363 for Ruhr Sieg Nord...... :0

Although it will be I suspect in DB Red but hey thats what livery thingymajig is for....

oh and an IC version as well....

[​IMG]

Now just waiting for a Large logo Class 56 EX works for Tees Valley :)

Hentis

• Like Like x 9
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

wow that is a cool shunter for aachen

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

He's talking about a TSW2 route that's on the roadmap.

6. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, I do say this is not bad of a roadmap so far. I'm excited for the US side of future add-ons. Especially Cane Creek from Skyhook (should be an interesting one) and the Dash 8. Except for the loco choices from the routes that are still in the "research" phase (the F7s and the AC44s, I can understand. But the SD40-2s, really?). Other than that, can't wait to see what's down the next roadmap update after a few Months or so.

7. Anthony Pecoraro

They already have the AC4400CW

8. ChaoticRambo

ChaoticRambo New Member

Well, I came to these forums the other day to inquire on the future of the game and what the focus is. I believe this roadmap answered my question. I am happy for those of you that are excited about routes and the future of the game.

The only thing on the roadmap of even the slightest interest to me is Clinchfield Railroad and only because of the F7 diesel. And then the question becomes do I buy a new game and and DLC for one route and one engine... I made the mistake of buying Train Sim World at launch because I was excited, but there hasn't been a single route released that has interested me. Perhaps in 5+ years there will be 2 or 3 routes that will make it worth it. Bummer...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Challenger3985

Technically, I'm fine with the AC44 being in a UP skin (Even if it's a different model). But why a SD40-2 for two more routes. To me, it's like the GP38 reuse all over again (But that's no surprising obviously).

• Like Like x 1
  10. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

Im so excited for these routes too!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the Clinchfield in TSW2

As for NEC Matt had said due how is built under the old model it would not be worth the time to convert it over into TSW2

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

To be fair those are two VERY common locos across the US. I don't really have a problem with reskins that are appropriate to the route.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Stueyboy43

Stueyboy43 Member

My main question at the moment is will the preserved collection of rolling stock be available in scenario planner, for example mk1 and mk2 coaches and when will they be available? Rolling stock has not been mentioned on the roadmap so I can only assume it becomes available when a route that uses it is updated onto tsw2

14. Stueyboy43

Stueyboy43 Member

My second question, though I don't expect an answer, it is more a thought. Will we get steam locos in TSW2, the motion blur on the rotation seems just as broken as before, and i am not sure they can fix it for TSW2, maybe it will take TSW3 to get this done, I love this game, and especially being on console I appreciate getting this simulator out from the world of high end PCs. I really am wanting steam engines to drive though, and would be happy to have to turn motion blur off to have them

• Like Like x 1
  15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Ahh i removed it. I might have quoted the wrong post. Its been a long tiring day. Info overload.

Tony

• Like Like x 3
  16. Challenger3985

And that's my problem, as I don't like the common types (F7s/GP38s/GEVOs). I was hopeing for more exotic locomotives being made, like the Dash 9s or the GP60s, or something old fashoned like the PA-1 (hence why I'm excited about the Dash 8 to begin with).

But of course, these are just my opinions after all.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

That is true, but NEC has a more complex track layout and iirc trains have in-cab signaling, not to mention that north american signals are much more complicated than any others (because there are many more aspect combinations, and each signal on the track is affected by the state of others).

18. Joker729

Joker729 Member

I have to be honest. I was growing really concerned that Dovetail was permanently stuck in making sims only for passenger trains now. I am SO glad to see some love come back to the freight carriers again. Cane Creek and Clinchfield I'm hoping will just be the first of many more freight lines to come.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

That part has nothing to do with it.

20. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I think it does ;)

21. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

I think it had to do with a combination of what you said and the mountain of errors it came with. :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

To be fair, a ac4400cw is essentially a AC traction Dash 9. Therefore, a GEVO would make more sense. But, we got neither and got one of my personal favorite engines: a Dash 8. I hope it includes a leslie rs3l.
    Edit: After re-reading your statement and who it was directed towards, my comment makes no sense. Anyway gonna keep it here anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I must say, im throughly impressed. The new features of TSW2 as well as us getting a roadmap(something highly requested, as I recall) im confused at the hate. Its a new game, your getting 2-3 new routes for the price of one. Your getting all your old routes as well. AND your getting many new features. What else do you want? A passy to keep your whining mouths shut? I relize there's many in favor of TSW2, but theres still always that un-pleaseable group, that would probably sue a coffee shop because their coffee was "too hot for their precious mouth."

• Like Like x 9
  24. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

I'm totally on the same side as you. I think people are just looking to pick a fight or exaggerate blame from something that didn't make the cut. We have to realize that the DTG Devs are humans, not robots that put out everything we ask for. Things also need time and planning otherwise they'll go unorganized and end with complete dissatisfaction. I'm really proud of the Devs for their work, even though some of it might not completely be intuitive.

• Like Like x 7
  25. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

26. Anthony Pecoraro

I like Dash 8s too. I like the look of the lower ditch lights.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yeah, of course. The problem is that route has all those things that make it more complicated than the previous ones. Add to that the fact that devs were still learning UE4 at the time. The result was a lot of bad design choices and bugs, and the reason why they would need to basically redo the route from the start to fix it.

28. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

Hopefully they can remaster it to some extent with all the knowledge they've acquired.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Challenger3985

Accually, you do have a point. The AC44 is technically an upgraded version of the Dash 9 (with AC traction).
    And hopefully the Dash 8 will be a worth while addition to the SPG route (But nothing will replace the GP40 ;)) since this will the second GE loco to be made in TSW (sequal or original, either way).

30. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So interesting roadmap US wise for content...
    -The C40-8W we've seen already for the Miami Palm Beach Route on TS, so hopefully no reused sounds for it. Also, wonder if it will keep the YN2 or have the YN3 schemes (Both would be fantastic)
    6977199580_b37a9ee8ab_b.jpg

-Cane Creek: Based on the locomotives (AC4400's and SD40-2) I'm gonna assume this is in the UP era, I wonder though if the AC44's will use an older scheme or the newer Flag scheme, as well if they come with the Number boards on the nose or above the cab (As UP has both types on their roster)
    276c67d15a544b1dcfe72dd971165f1b.jpg
    384b81535b0db19658619fb07dddfa02.jpg

Also, while it may not happen, a patched SP unit would be nice too (At least there's the paintbooth) Also opens the possibility for the SD40T-2 to be added to the game (In either UP, SP or DRGW paint).

-Clinchfield Railroad: I'm surprised this isn't going all the way to St Paul, but the loco choices are similar to the TS release, Odd that they went with an SD40-2 and not the standard SD40 though, as Clinchfield only owned 5 Dash 2's vs 25 SD40's

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. glennblum

glennblum New Member

32. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

Is it just me who is completely uninspired by this roadmap? It's just Train Simulator stuff remade for TSW. All the stuff (except the American DLC so not sure about those) which I already have. It's a nice roadmap, but why not different routes, new areas? I've bought a hell of a lot of DLC down the years (amounting to the thousands), but there is not one thing I would buy there. Mostly because I already have it for TS2020 and enjoy them

• Like Like x 4
  33. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

The UK Routes and loco add-ons I'm most excited for sad to see that we aren't getting any Mordern Routes from the north

• Like Like x 2
  34. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thank you, sounds good.

35. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

British content I am most excited about

• Like Like x 1
  36. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

TSW(2) gives me a very different game experience, so I do not mind. IOW for TS may become a bit outdated by now, so to recreate it is good. It definitely helps to keep costs at an acceptable level, because a lot of research has already been done. There is a lot of stuff I will like. I definitely cannot purchase it all :(

The only minus thing is no Dutch route. For TS DTG left the Netherlands alone, but this is solved by a very active community, which created a number of routes at a very professional level and some third party developers (I must honour Chris Longhurst here, who created a huge base of Dutch rolling stock as well as many assets for route building).
    For TSW2 this could work if DTG is willing to give some Dutch teams developer licenses.

• Like Like x 6
  37. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

As long as they are releasing them from time to time, it will be fine, because for me, only the german and modern UK content is interesting.
    Their costs will be manageable. :)

• Like Like x 1
  38. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

When people use this argument they seem to forget that some people, mainly console players have never played TSXX on PC. It’s inevitable we’ll get some routes which have been on TSXX. As Matt said in a livestream, the process to pick what routes to create is a big process, taking into account personal preferences as well as suggestions the community, if a route they would like to create is also wanted by the community then it’ll be bumped up the list.

I’m sure within time we’ll see routes which haven’t been on TSXX.

I for one am really excited to see what’s to come. I just hope we’ll see most if not all of them make the cut.

• Like Like x 2
  39. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I prefer modern German and UK stuff too. It is really nice to see TGV coming to TSW in my opinion as well and finally some Swiss stuff. Will mix it up a bit. Being able to go to France in game is good variety.

To me German content gives the best experience thou as if right now. In the way I mean, it's kind of most complete country in TSW in terms of modern routes, modern trains and amount of them. Good for RPing. I hope UK gets there as well eventually and by the looks of it, they are working on it.
    I hope they don't overdo high-speed thou.

So next one will be most likely Isle of Whight to come out and after that Munich to Augsburg. As I understand, King's Cross to Faversham can change yet but it looks like it would make sense if we had to wait for it until next year (I think).

I do not mind waiting, for a good quality it's nice to wait.

• Like Like x 3
  40. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

King's Cross to Faversham would certainly be something to behold ;):D!

I like the roadmap, from a UK point of view I think Kent High Speed is a decent choice as there is quite a bit of variety to it and if we do end up with three different EMU's all different from each other it will be an interesting experience. And IOW is again something different and if done well, which I imagine it would be it will be a very pretty route. I am also excited about the Swiss route and the TGV route as I am glad other countries are slowly being represented.

However, a plea by a middle aged old codger! Whilst I enjoy driving modern routes, I really hope TSW isn't going to go down the same road as TS1 where virtually every route will be set in the last 10 years or so and the only BR period routes remain NTP and TVL. Quite frankly if that is the case my current excitement will be relatively short lived! For me the sim should offer variety, it doesn't just have to create modern day operations, the beauty of it is that you can go back to periods long ago and enjoy a totally different style of train driving and operation when the railways were quite different.

• Like Like x 8
  41. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

TGV will be great!

For me it's a matter of prioritys which are:

1. Modern, beautiful trains
    2. A (in my eyes) beautiful environment or at least something I have to connect with

In germany, both of them are required with every route. In the UK just with every second route in average.
    Everyone sees that differently I think.

The waiting is not a problem, since I will be busy driving the ICE3M from Cologne to Aachen and also give it an appearance on HRR! :D
    It's just good enough to know, that something IS coming/in planning instead of hoping and speculating IF something is coming/in planning.

• Like Like x 3
  42. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I understand what you’re saying, but think about it with the global pandemic, there’s going to be so many barriers up against going out and getting research done, especially in terms of cab rides, sound recording etc.

They already have a good base for some of these trains and routes, so I imagine this influenced it?

Having said that, IOW, was fantastic in Railworks/TS so can’t wait for it in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  43. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

Couldn't agree more! There is nearly 200 years of railway history in the world, and yet games often barely cover the last 30. The popularity of heritage railways should show that people love the railways long gone, but the most vocal members of the TS community do seem to be those who only want ultra modern. I hope more than anything to see more old routes come to TSW!

• Like Like x 5
  44. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Exactly, there are lots of young volunteers at heritage railways. I have noticed at model railway exhibitions there are plenty of steam and BR period routes and conversely a lot of those seem to have younger people operating them. Of the steam engine developers for TS1 most are younger than me from what I can tell. You are right the most vocal members do seem to prefer modern routes. We had two BR blue routes in a row for TSW and the uproar was there for all to see. I often point out that you should try being a BR blue fan in TS1.

Still at least things are looking up so I am not going to go on about it too much! Just see where we are in a years time.

• Like Like x 3
  45. JudgeTrains

JudgeTrains New Member

Rivet IOW HYPE!

• Like Like x 1
  46. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

As a relatively young northerner I was always somewhat frustrated that BR and older often seem to be on northern routes as opposed to something a little more modern. I would have loved to have seen a TPE service finally make it into a train sim but alas no. Can't have everything though and we should never expect as much, I was just happy Leeds finally made the cut.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Forzaboy4

Forzaboy4 Member

Does anyone know the direction the Southeastern High Speed route will take? I know it says via Ebbsfleet but both of them to Faversham go that way. I assume, however, that it is the line via Rochester and Rainham, not Ramsgate and Ashford

48. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Well I am pushing 80 and it is looking less likely that I will see a Cambrian Coast Route, Carnforth, Whitehaven, St Bees and Carlisle, but what the heck, I love the sim and it provides me with hours of pleasure, if I want a wider choice I have TS2020. Love the road map.

• Like Like x 9
  49. NiPfi

NiPfi New Member

I just hope to see some other Swiss routes than RhB ones at some point. Don't get me wrong, they're gorgeous and probably interesting to drive as well, but they're just not that representative of the general Swiss railway experience in my mind. My personal favorite would be Olten-Bern but a more feasible route I still would love to see is the Gotthard line. So maybe Arth-Goldau to Bellinzona. The old Gotthard panoramic route would offer a diverse and fun experience while the base tunnel would highlight some modern Swiss railway engineering. There would be a plethora of possible services on the route. I wouldn't even mind paying extra for all the new rolling stock that would be needed, since it'd open the gates to further Swiss routes.

50. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's about time ChrisTrains was given the keys to TSW.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.