PlayStation No Shard On Ps4, Is Wembley Stadium In?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Aug 19, 2020.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I noticed on tonight’s PS4 stream from the London road depot there was no Shard (see below). It was on the pc version last week. Unless I’m looking in the wrong place?

Is Wembley Stadium also missing? I didn’t see it during tonight’s stream

64CD5595-883F-4231-A8D4-F3E9353681FB.jpeg

2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

it looks again as though on the PS4 we miss out again on routes not being modled correctly. No shard, hardly any passengers. as tin tin said it was all there on the PC. why pay full price when its not moddled right. i have been saying for example dunster castle was missing on WSR top tourist attraction on that route also the steam shed was missing at bishops lydeard. one other thing to mention was the C.I.S building missing on NTP in Manchester

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Oh :( Not fussed really about Wembley but the shard would've been nice to add to the location and remind you your in London

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So we have to pretend it’s in the height of lockdown for the passengers and pretend it’s before 2008 because there’s no Shard. I wonder if we’re still pretending it’s the middle of the world’s driest drought in Peninsular Corridor’s Bay Area ????

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Haha brilliant

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I hadn't realised scenery was missing from routes I've purchased in TSW 2020 such as those highlighted by Dave above. That's a bit galling to potentially pay the same or a higher price for DLC on consoles (more frequently discounted on Steam), and to have bits missing!

I noticed the Shard in the first stream and was looking forward to having that as a landmark.

This coupled with the seemingly poor performance on the PS4 Pro stream earlier has made my mind up I think.

• Like Like x 1
  7. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I could have sworn they said on stream that there wasn't going to be any major differences between PC and console versions, apart from stuff like resolution. Having the Shard missing is a pretty major difference in my opinion...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stueyboy43

Stueyboy43 Member

I look at it another way, I havent had to spend £1K or so on a decent pc to run the game and I already have a ps4 so if I spend £300 on the game and DLC I am fairly satisfied with the quality (improvements in passengers is a big thing for me though)

• Like Like x 2
  9. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The Shard is missing on Xbox too, and passenger numbers are far inferior to what was on the PC stream.

Given that DTG stated the only differences were resolution related, this is quite disappointing.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

These are disappointing facts to learn. I haven’t played it yet, I’m downloading it now on my PS4 Pro.

11. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

In fairness, they've also clearly said at least a couple times on the streams that the draw distance on console is reduced when compared to the PC. Maybe the Shard was too far away?

12. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Ah that would make sense.

13. TinTin_57

I thought though after they baked in the San Francisco skyline (which is pretty impressive I might add) that in future releases the same could be done for other key landmarks. Can anyone confirm Wembley is there on console?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Wembley Stadium is shown in the startup clip on the consoles but I haven't played the Bakerloo Line yet to check.

15. TinTin_57

Matt mentioned on the PZB stream that Wembley Stadium and the Shard are there but it's just that they are outside of the draw distance and they know about that and are looking at it DTG Protagonist one for the future roadmap update?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

I am disappointed in Sand Patch Grade. Matt said they had spent a lot of time and effort improving distant trees. On PS4 (not pro) there are just a lot of coloured blobs.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Just played the preserved ECW. Damn, this should be the new game, not Bakerloo or the german fast route. What happened? ECW was published at the end on 2019 and it was a big big improvement for console users: great performances, huge draw distance, beautiful landscapes, better textures. TSW 2 is a big step back in everything. I will live without Wembley or the Shard, but fix that damn freezing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

well not surprised if they look like a blob as sandpatch is already a performance killer for some PC's i think matt was more talking about it as sense for PC users who have already played the route. In a whole the performance of the xbox and PS4 will never be great it's seven years of unchanged specs and where a game is trying to strive for more performance and train lengths and routes you need more powerful hardware. that's why i tell people not to get there hopes up about Microsoft flight simulator for the current gen of consoles as i doubt they will be able to run it and it will be something only for the x series.

19. TinTin_57

The trees on the hillsides flash in some places on my PS4

• Like Like x 1
  20. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Same here, however, I am impressed by how much foliage they've managed tbh, and think they are a massive improvement over the barren, alien planet looking hills of Penninsula corridor... Currently playing SPG now... Taken 2 hours to get anywhere close to the summit as I stalled like a rookie...

• Like Like x 1
  21. TinTin_57

Yeah Sand Patch really does have that remote U.S feel to it. I haven't been as bothered about the U.S Freight stuff before now. This really feels like you are doing an important job

22. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

The fact that there's no traffic on the WCML and hardly any passengers is quite disappointing, as soon as I did my first service it felt incredibly lifeless.
    They've got 377s from East Coastway, they've got 66s from GWE and east Coastway, how hard can it be to stick some AI traffic between wembley and Harrow... Both of which are commonly seen on this line ?
    You wouldn't go past willesden and wembley and see completely dead and empty yards,

Sand patch is definately the best. Plenty of life. Lots of cars on the roads, houses, beautiful scenery, I love it despite struggling up the gradients

• Like Like x 3